• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Disney Confirms Discussions to Reacquire Disney Store Locations

The Walt Disney Co. Confirms It Is in Discussions Regarding Potential Ownership of a Smaller Disney Store Chain in North America

BURBANK, Calif., Mar 20, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Walt Disney Company today confirmed that it is in advanced discussions with The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc., to explore terms under which Disney might acquire ownership of a portion of the Disney Store chain in North America.

The Company believes the Disney Stores can be an important extension of the "Disney" brand and, with the improved economics provided by a smaller store footprint, could add value to the Company in the promotion and monetization of its growing number of robust franchises.

About The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company , together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with four business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment and consumer products. Disney is a Dow 30 company, had annual revenues of more than $35 billion in its most recent fiscal year, and a market capitalization of nearly $59 billion as of March 19, 2008.
    Source: The Walt Disney Company

More news at http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ing-92696.html.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Disney Confirms Discussions to Reacquire Disney Store Locations

Oh sure, now that Children's Place has just closed my local Disney Store, now they are going to buy it back.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I work at the Disney Store at Valley Fair Mall in San Jose/Santa Clara, CA...sort of the central store for silicon valley...from what I understand is that Disney is buying back some of the stores, which means many will close permanently. I'm hopin our store stays! It's been there since around 1991-92 and its one of the biggest stores in Northern California...we shall see!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I'm sort of on the fence about this.
    It urkes me that Disney was like "Oh, yeah we have these store things. We'll just wait til they die out no one with care.... Oh, Children's Place, you want to buy them from us, well, good luck."
    And then TCP came in and made a million changes and got the store back on track
    and then Disney's all "Oh... those look nice, we want them back!" I really hate the line about how it's be a valuable extension. Where was that mentality like 4 yrs ago?

I also think that it's odd that this happens on the tail end of TCP finally finalizing the store prototype they're going to impliment as part of their contract deal. We have one store in our area going down for remodel... I wonder if the other planned remodels will still go ahead as planned
    I'm Interested to see which store are part of the 2/3rds

Only time will tell I guess.

I really hope the new president of TDS puts a focus on reinvigorating the Disney Store brand. Disney is a powerful brand and the retail concept has enormous potential.
    I think they need to go back to the basics... GUEST FOCUS. Not all this GRE crap.

Remember when it was all about *MAGIC*

M- make eye contact with your guest
    A- assess your guest
    G- greet your guest
    I- invite your guest to return
    C- conclude