• Troublemaker

"Disney Breakdown" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #37

EPISODE 37: Disney Breakdown -- G is for Gadget
    The original plan was for me ("Rabbit"), Horse_Bunny ("Horse") and Kuzcochik ("Tiger") to make this podcast feature an often overlooked attraction -- Gadget's Co-Coaster. However, it's a very short attraction, and would have meant a short podcast.

Kuzcochik refused to let that happen again. So, we took the rest of the day and enjoyed everything Disneyland had to offer. What can you expect? How about a game of Musical Chairs with Kuzcochik, Alice and the Mad Hatter? Or an entertaining video montage of our day? And best yet, how about a few lights-on glimpses of both Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain?

So, please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes -- visit us by clicking HERE. The new podcast should be showing up there momentarily... just as soon as iTunes updates.

You can also find Quicktime versions of the show at HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure's mainpage. And, obviously, you can learn more about us at our main site: HorseAndRabbit.com.

Feedback is very appreciated -- it's the only way we can find out how we're doing! Thanks for your time!

(PS -- the breakdown footage ended up being cut short due to hard-drive space, however we will put the full uncut footage up on HorseAndRabbit.com within the next few weeks.)

(PPS -- No, Horse_Bunny does not have anything against flightless birds. Her seemingly meanspirited actions on a defenseless stuffed penguin were related to her hockey fandom. Apparently, anything that so much as resembles a competing team to her beloved Ducks causes her to have fits of violence. You should see what happened when she entered Shark Encounter at the SeaWorld. Poor shark didn't have a chance...)
    Last edited by Disneyphenom; 04-07-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Changed San Diego Zoo to SeaWorld, since I wasn't thinking straight first time around.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: "Disney Breakdown" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #37

Love it. Love it. Love it.

I laughed out loud many times. Many times. Featuring Gadget's Go Coaster was a very nice start. But then things turned from good to even better.

- Generic? Brilliant! I loved the whole rewind-action-effect thingy. Nicely done!
    - Horse_Bunny and the stuffed flightless bird? Hilarious!
    - When Good Attractions Go Bad? Awesome. I can't wait for the extended version.
    - Tiger's Parody Song? Genius! The title graphic, the song. Pure genius.
    - And the cut to the end credits? Perfect.

Thanks so much for all the work you folks put into this 'cast! I swear, this is your best one yet.

• Troublemaker

Thanks! I think these get better when we start just goofing around with the format. Luckily, we've done enough that we have a "set format" that we can make fun of.

For those of you who have emailed me -- there was a technical glitch with the iTunes posting from the get-go... and although it has been fixed if you subscribe to our show on iTunes, it's taking abnormally long for the regular iTunes listing to show the new addition. iTunes doesn't like our updates, for whatever reason, so it usually takes a couple days before it finally updates. Give it time, or just watch the lower quality .mov file on our site for the time being. :-)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Wow, now I know what a podcast is, yes I was a podcast virgin. Plus I now have more nicknames for Kuzko but I think my new favorite is in the middle of your podcast. Great work!!

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Wow, now I know what a podcast is, yes I was a podcast virgin. Plus I now have more nicknames for Kuzko but I think my new favorite is in the middle of your podcast. Great work!!
    Thanks! Most podcasts still are audio-only... a portable radio show so to speak. We tried those, and they were fun to make but not as fun to listen to. Esp. when we did a Disneyland episode -- it just didn't seem as good without the visuals. (And the other option was for us to talk about Disneyland... but there are enough of those out there).

So, we did the video... and have been happy with it. Glad you, as a podcast virgin, liked it. :-)

(And with the nicknames: My wife Horse_Bunny tends to do some gutsy things for the chicken she really is... esp. when a camera is on. So, she's become Danger Horse in a few episodes. After that, we were trying to figure out what Kuzcochik would be, and after a few later trips to Disneyland we realized she's... well, what her themesong says. Luckily, I'm not it the podcasts enough for them to come up with a little running gag and theme for me.)

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Wait, besides the obvious one that's in the p'cast what other nicknames did you come up with? *is worried* :P

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    (And with the nicknames: My wife Horse_Bunny tends to do some gutsy things for the chicken she really is... esp. when a camera is on. So, she's become Danger Horse in a few episodes. After that, we were trying to figure out what Kuzcochik would be, and after a few later trips to Disneyland we realized she's... well, what her themesong says. Luckily, I'm not it the podcasts enough for them to come up with a little running gag and theme for me.)
    Well I suggested "Captain Jerk-y Pants" but you wouldn't have it... maybe cause you're captain jerk-y pants

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Wait, besides the obvious one that's in the p'cast what other nicknames did you come up with? *is worried* :P
    You should be worried you big ol character *****.

P.S. Disneyphenom might like it better if you called him Colonel Jerk-y Pants

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

You should be worried you big ol character *****.

P.S. Disneyphenom might like it better if you called him Colonel Jerk-y Pants
    Maybe Dr. Professor Jerk-y Pants :P (he's so going to kill me)

• Troublemaker

The problem with that nickname is that, since I edit the 'casts, there's relatively little evidence of my JerkyPants-ness. But there have been signs of Danger Horse. And... well, your non-family friendly nickname. We saw both of you being that type before we came up with the nicknames and theme songs.

So, if you're gonna pick a name for me, pick something we've seen of me in the 'casts. Oh wait, that's right... I'm not in them often. ;-) So much the better.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    The problem with that nickname is that, since I edit the 'casts, there's relatively little evidence of my JerkyPants-ness. But there have been signs of Danger Horse. And... well, your non-family friendly nickname. We saw both of you being that type before we came up with the nicknames and theme songs.

So, if you're gonna pick a name for me, pick something we've seen of me in the 'casts. Oh wait, that's right... I'm not in them often. ;-) So much the better.
    Um... I can still nickname you Captain Colonel Dr. Professor Jerky Pants and even if you don't have a song I can make it my goal to say it in at least one scene each p'cast