Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Disney Adds 'Giselle' to Their Princess Bridal Gown Line

During Bridal Week in New York, Disney Consumer Products announced the latest addition to its wedding gown collection by Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings.

Enchanted-Inspired ''Giselle'' Gown to Be Unveiled
    New Platinum Gown Launched as Disney Princess-Inspired Bridal Line Expands At Bridal Fashion Week

NEW YORK—April 13, 2008— Every princess begins her journey with a dream and Disney's most recent heroine Giselle is no exception. As a classic fairytale collides with modern-day New York City in Disney's Enchanted, so the newest gown in the Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings collection combines the organic with the sophisticated. The Giselle gown, the latest platinum gown in the line, gives a subtle nod toward nature with cascading leaves of hand placed organza and net and will be unveiled alongside twelve new gowns in the Disney Princess-inspired line through live-model fashion vignettes on Sunday, April 13, 2008, at Loft 11 at 7:30 p.m.

The addition of the Giselle gown continues the phenomenal success of the Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings line since its debut in April of last year. The essence of Disney's latest heroine comes through in a gown that communicates sophistication while also being decidedly happily-ever-after. Giselle is inquisitive and romantic. She's hopeful despite the rough and tumble environment she's thrown into. And this dress speaks to her pure heart, confident resolve and love of the world around her.

"The Giselle gown has a Manhattan-like sophistication," said Kelly. "A heroine like Giselle combines a love of nature with a sensibility for the contemporary, and this is clearly the inspiration for this very special gown."

Alongside the Giselle gown, Disney and Kirstie Kelly will unveil twelve new gowns, each inspired by a Disney Princess including Ariel, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Disney Princess Jasmine. Kelly brings sophistication and style to each gown through contemporary treatments and fabrications including silk chiffon, satin, taffeta and a variety of laces, with elegant accents with touches of crystals, ribbon and exquisite embroidery and delicate beadwork.

"This new collection of gowns represents the fashion forward focus of the line," said Jim Calhoun, executive VP, global apparel, Disney Consumer Products. "Together with Kirstie's second platinum gown, the line now offers an array of possibilities and choices for brides looking to make their wedding-day dreams come true."

In celebration of wishes coming true, Kirstie Kelly For Disney's Fairy Tale Weddingswill continue her platinum campaign wherein she will make a $125 donation to the Make–A–Wish Foundation® for each platinum gown sold.

For consumer information on Kirstie Kelly For Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, consumers may visit www.disneybridal.com.

About Kirstie Kelly
    Kirstie Kelly of Kirstie Kelly, Inc. designs couture bridal gowns with the highest quality and attention to detail. A graduate of The Otis Art Institute of Parsons School of Design in Los Angeles, she has been designing bridal and evening wear for more than a decade. Hailed in USA Today as one of the 2003 season's new designers favored among celebrity brides, Ms. Kelly has a growing client base that includes individuals who are influencing the worldwide media, art, culinary and political societies. For more information visit www.kirstiekelly.com.

About Disney Consumer Products
    Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books and magazines to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art. This is accomplished through the work of DCP's various lines of business: Disney Toys, Disney Apparel, Disney Food, Health & Beauty, Disney Home, Disney Stationery, Disney Publishing, Disney Interactive Studios, Baby Einstein, and www.disneyshopping.com. The Disney Store, which debuted in 1987, also falls under DCP, through stores currently owned and operated by unaffiliated third parties under licensing agreements in North America and Japan, and wholly-owned stores in Europe. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com.

About Make-A-Wish Foundation
    The Make–A–Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Born in 1980 when a group of caring volunteers helped a young boy fulfill his dream of becoming a police officer, the Foundation is now the largest wish-granting charity in the world, with 67 chapters in the U.S. and its territories. With the help of generous donors and more than 25,000 volunteers, the Make–A–Wish Foundation grants a wish every 41 minutes and has granted more than 153,000 wishes in the U.S. since inception. For more information about the Make–A–Wish Foundation, visit www.wish.org and discover how you can share the power of a wish®.
    Source: Disney Consumer Products

Re: Disney Adds 'Giselle' to Their Princess Bridal Gown Line

I read that they will not make Giselle an official Princess due to the fact that they do not want to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness for the animated version of her. Do you think that this will change thier stance on that idea?

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    I read that they will not make Giselle an official Princess due to the fact that they do not want to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness for the animated version of her. Do you think that this will change thier stance on that idea?
    I don't think so. She's not a princess anyway

• Minion

Blog Entries

squee!!! i like her style better then the others anyway! this is awesome!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    If it's true, probably not. The gown is an interpretation of what Amy Adams' character Giselle wore in the movie. It has nothing to do with Adams herself.

• Directly directed

That's really cool!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That looks gorgeous.

I can't wait to see the new gowns.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I was expecting the poofy sleeved 40+ pound one from the movie... dissapointment!!

No not really. I think this is elegant and beautiful but I'm partial

• The Pirate Girl

Ohhh, that's gorgeous!
    And I think they should add Nancy to the list of princesses... Since she was the one that actually became a princess!
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalSkye View Post
    Ohhh, that's gorgeous!
    And I think they should add Nancy to the list of princesses... Since she was the one that actually became a princess!

AMEN!! I would totally buy a Princess Nancy doll.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• Minion

^Me too! But ONLY if she came green. Just kidding!
    The daydream princess

My greatest sadness with that movie is that she didn't get to sing.... it was a travesty

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• Minion

ORDDU: Just to clarify something that seems to be mis-stated all over the place in regard to having a Giselle character out in the Disney theme parks: They do NOT have to pay Amy Adams in order to have Giselle represented out in the parks. They only have to pay her when they use her likeness in terms of MERCHANDISE, such as the recent doll that came out by Mattel. There was a limited time for Mattel to manufacture the doll, which resemembles Amy Adams. But in terms of a walk-around character at the parks, Disney is free to do whatever they want with Giselle--just as they are free to have a Mary Poppins character in the parks without having to pay royalties to Julie Andrews.

• The Pirate Girl

Yeah, I wish she would have sang too.

Though as she said, it's pretty neat that she was offered the role for her acting talents not her singing.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• A Weather Eye Open

I've heard that Idina had a song in the movie that was cut, but I haven't been able to confirm in

More on topic, I checked out the official site for the wedding gowns, and while there are for sure some very lovely ones in there, none of them actually remind me of the princesses they are supposed to represent. I can see some connections when just browsing through the site, but if they were all scrambled up and you told me to categorize them according to which princess they were, I might not be able to do it. I think someone who saw the wedding but didn't know where the dress was from wouldn't make the connection at all.
    Personally, if I were ever to cough up the money for a designer wedding gown, I'd just have to go with Vera Wang all the way. If I were the princess wedding type, I think I'd custom design my dress to remind people more of my intended princess.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast