• Troublemaker

"For the Birds" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #38

EPISODE 38: For the Birds-- H is for Harpy

When Horse_Bunny and I discovered that one of our distant fans was in the hospital with a life threatening illness, we had to do something. His family made a simple request -- a brief videotaped greeting from his favorite podcast hosts. But we couldn't just stop at that -- we wanted to do more.

So, when we discovered that his favorite episodes were our animal-filled visits to the San Diego Zoo, we made a special trip just for him. The result -- an episode featuring our fine-feathered friends at the zoo, finished with a soaring view of Balboa Park from the Skyfari.

Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes -- visit us by clicking HERE. The new podcast should be showing up there momentarily... just as soon as iTunes updates.

You can also find Quicktime versions of the show at HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure's mainpage. And, obviously, you can learn more about us at our main site: HorseAndRabbit.com.

Feedback is very appreciated -- it's the only way we can find out how we're doing! Thanks for your time!

(PS -- we delayed posting about this podcast as we weren't sure if it fit the subject matter of the site. But one of the kind MicePod moderators informed us that the San Diego Zoo is just touristy enough to belong.)

(PPS -- due to the delay in posting about this, another podcast is coming within days. And the subject matter? Oh, just Horse_Bunny's recent nemesis.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: "For the Birds" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #38

How sweet of you guys to dedicate this podcast to one of your loyal viewers! That was a wonderful gesture.

That peacock is magnificent! Beautiful. And I really love the music you picked for this 'cast.

Horse_Bunny's hat rocks. And did it take much coercion to get her up on the skyfari?

Sorry for the randomness of my comments. I'm a bit out of it tonight as one of my sports teams fell in a distressing manner. I used your podcast to help cheer me up but I'm still not fully coherent.

• Troublemaker

Re: "For the Birds" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #38

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    How sweet of you guys to dedicate this podcast to one of your loyal viewers! That was a wonderful gesture.
    It was the least we could do. Last news we've heard, he is doing okay... not great, but just okay. We're still emailing back and forth to find out his changing condition.

That peacock is magnificent! Beautiful. And I really love the music you picked for this 'cast.
    Isn't he? Loves the camera, too.

Thanks. It was something that was thrown together in GarageBand -- in fact the first few measures were originally for a Legoland podcast that never materialized. I needed some music, so I just took that look and timed the footage to it... then went back into GB and edited variations to it that (almost) matched the visuals.

Horse_Bunny's hat rocks. And did it take much coercion to get her up on the skyfari?
    It was supposed to be really overcast the day we went to the Zoo, so Horse_Bunny didn't wear any sunscreen. So, the hat was an emergency purchase.

And strangely -- no. She suggested a birds-eye view would be a good way to end a bird-related podcast. Plus, despite the height, it's still better than hiking all the way back UP the hill. ;-)

Sorry for the randomness of my comments. I'm a bit out of it tonight as one of my sports teams fell in a distressing manner. I used your podcast to help cheer me up but I'm still not fully coherent.
    Not a problem. You've seen the results of one of our teams being defeated (all the residual hockey references and team bashing)... so we totally understand. :-) Glad we could at least cheer you up a bit!