Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Disneyland Protest Organizer Compares Online Game Closure to 'Hiroshima'

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    I guess I could.... It sounds like a heckofalot of fun... Do I get freebies?
    It is fun. First we go to a bar and get totally bombed....like Hiroshima.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It is fun. First we go to a bar and get totally bombed....like Hiroshima.
    Who's Hiroshima and what did he do at the bar?

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Who's Hiroshima and what did he do at the bar?
    Suddenly, the following post made in responce to a post I made needs to be relocated here.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    The poster's lack of knowledge on matters historical illustrates perfectly the need for historical preservation and education... "History? Who needs history--buncha old guys--boring!".
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Suddenly, the following post made in responce to a post I made needs to be relocated here.
    I think it was a joke.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I think it was a joke.
    You are correct sir!!!

• The Darkness to Light

*sigh*

Yeah, that's how I feel right now because of this and other threads where I've stated my opinion in.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    *sigh*

Yeah, that's how I feel right now because of this and other threads where I've stated my opinion in.
    It doesn't ever hurt to be wrong. MiceChat is a living education... Trust me.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

It doesn't ever hurt to be wrong.
    That's what aashee said before he agreed to go camping with me - boy was he wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    That's what aashee said before he agreed to go camping with me - boy was he wrong.
    Well Aashee's used to being wrong, so I can't imagine it would hurt too much.
    Last edited by Aura of Foreboding; 05-16-2008 at 02:12 PM.

This is the result of having TOO much time on their hands...
    "The only weapon against reality is your imagination."

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I am appalled...no real people are dying as a result of shutting down a virtual online game. Comparing it to an historical event that mattered so much is disrespectful. She needs to get some perspective.

I agree 100%, This is just a stupid comparison

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

It's sad that a person is rallying so hard and with so little sense for a virtual world! People need to disconnect themselves and their kids more often and take a walk.

As to the comparison of the closure of VMK akin to Hiroshima? She's an ignorant and delusional woman that should not be allowed to teach children anything! she obviously is so far in to the whole virtual world that she doesn't remember the real world - or it's history - at all. Heck, half the time she wasn't making any sense what-so-ever!

Wonder if she plays that second life game thing too... sheesh.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Wow, it's a good thing this lady isn't involved in the education of - OH NO!!

I wonder if she'd care to take a tour of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum and see what happened to very REAL people, not bits of data in a computer.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMousegirl View Post
    This is the result of having TOO much time on their hands...
    That could be said about the internet, period.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

While I agree that Ms. Murphy's comparisons are outlandish, the commentary given by the reporter seemed a little bit unprofessional.

When reporting, one should leave personal comments aside and only report the facts.

This being the case the article should have been structured as an actual Q&A, presenting both the reporter's questions and Murphy's answers in an unedited format.

The abridged commentary that the reporter presented came across as snide and biased, letting the reporter's opinion influence our own opinion of Murphy's statements.

This is bad journalism.

A reporter is there to collect the facts, not dictate what they mean. Once the facts are organized and presented to us (the readers), it is our responsibility to infer them for what they are using our own intuition.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast