• Troublemaker

"Tux 'n' Tails" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #39

EPISODE 39: Tux 'n' Tails-- I is for Ice

We told you there was another video podcast coming online soon! I only wish we had known we could have posted about the Zoo 'cast when we made it. Now, I feel like we're undercutting our other episode when it comes to promoting. Oh well.

Nearly a year ago, we started on a tour of each of SeaWorld San Diego's exhibits. We featured Wild Arctic then, so this trip we're featuring its next door neighbor. Penguin Encounter is proudly celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, so it seems fitting to feature this exhibit. It's also getting close to summer, which means that much of the exhibit will be in night-mode for the next several months. Good for the inhabitants and researchers, but very bad for a video podcast. So, it was now or never.

Join us as we meet some of these adorable waddlers and catch up with a few of their northern hemisphere cousins. It's a fun and memorable trip to SeaWorld, brought to you in typical Horse and Rabbit style.

Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes -- visit us by clicking HERE.

You can also find Quicktime versions of the show at HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure's mainpage. And, obviously, you can learn more about us at our main site: HorseAndRabbit.com.

(PS -- again, Horse_Bunny doesn't have anything against actual penguins. It's just... well, like I said before, it's the side effect of being a hockey fan. And with her beloved Anaheim Ducks out of the playoffs and finals, she's still bent out of shape. She'll get over it. I promise.)

(PPS -- don't tell her I said so, but she's temporarily rooting for the Penguins in the finals. Just so the Red Wings can beat them and win the Stanley Cup. ;-) )

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: "Tux 'n' Tails" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #39

Whenever I see Penguin Encounter, I think of the movie "Happy Feet". LOL! What a cute podcast! I like the smaller focus of this podcast and the length was just right for the subject matter.

I do kinda miss some of the funny bits that you do with your DL 'casts, but I'm guessing that you might have different styles for different subjects.

However, the bonus scene after the end credits was too cute for words. Too cute!

Thanks again for doing these 'casts and sharing them here. I definitely enjoy watching them.
    Last edited by Armadillo4; 05-13-2008 at 11:28 PM.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Whenever I see Penguin Encounter, I think of the movie "Happy Feet". LOL! What a cute podcast! I like the smaller focus of this podcast and the length was just right for the subject matter.
    Happy Feet, the Pebble and the Penguin, March of the Penguins... you should have heard all the movie references that people were making as we filmed. I wonder if it bugs the folks at SeaWorld as much as hearing "Tiiiimon!!!" at the meerkats must annoy those at the Zoo. ;-)

We're trying to narrow the scope of some of these shows -- specifically if we've already been someplace before. We've done an overview of SeaWorld, now we're trying to cover each area in more detail. Same goes for the Zoo. Disneyland... we'd like to get a chance to focus on one particular attraction or land even, but once we get up there, the podcast has a mind of its own.

I do kinda miss some of the funny bits that you do with your DL 'casts, but I'm guessing that you might have different styles for different subjects.
    Right, and it also has a lot to do with the people who are with us. Tiger (Kuzcochik) really brings out the goofball in us.

This is another case where we let the podcast and footage determine the tone. We had a lot more fun bits, and quirky images -- but when we started cutting things together, the music that we ultimately chose and the video forced us to be a little more dignified. There was also supposed to be a lot more narration, and it got cut along the way. The Penguins, I guess, wanted it this way.

Still am glad I got to poke fun at Horse_Bunny's penguin strangling one last time.

However, the bonus scene after the end credits was too cute for words. Too cute!
    Thanks. Ever since the first "Mr. Koala Face," Horse_Bunny tends to get the one-last-thing clips. It was only fair I try my hand at them.

Thanks again for doing these 'casts and sharing them here. I definitely enjoy watching them.
    You're welcome. Hopefully, we'll have some more coming along soon!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    Right, and it also has a lot to do with the people who are with us. Tiger (Kuzcochik) really brings out the goofball in us.
    I am proud to be the one to bring out the goofballer-y... or something like that

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I have been watching your podcasts for the better part of the day. Lots of fun and the shots are great! Thanks so much for creating some entertaining bits to watch!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    I have been watching your podcasts for the better part of the day. Lots of fun and the shots are great! Thanks so much for creating some entertaining bits to watch!
    Thank you! We really try hard to make these nice and entertaining... and somewhat professional-esque. It may take a bit longer than other video updates, but we hope, at least, that it is worth the effort.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Disneyland updates, we end up losing viewers simply because things aren't timely enough for most fans. We have some great and fun footage from the Random Acts of Indy for our next podcast... but most people probably will ignore it because others have uploaded their own footage. :-(

Debating about posting about further updates, simply because so few people seem to care.