• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Indiana Jones™ Ventures to Disneyland® Park - 5/21/08

Disneyland Resort / Lucasfilm Ltd. Press Release

INDIANA JONES™ VENTURES TO DISNEYLAND® PARK
    FOR A SUMMER OF HIDDEN MYSTERIES

Intrepid Archaeologist Explores Adventureland In Exclusive Celebration of
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™

ANAHEIM, Calif. (May 21, 2008) – After rescuing the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail from the forces of evil, returning the Sankara Stones to their rightful place, and battling sinister foreign agents to find a mysterious Crystal Skull, what’s INDIANA JONES going to do next? He’s going to Disneyland!

Beginning May 22, deep in the heart of Adventureland — not far from the treacherous Temple of the Forbidden Eye, home to the heart-pounding Indiana Jones Adventure attraction — the daring Dr. Jones will take Disneyland Park guests on a thrilling series of exploits in the season-long INDIANA JONES SUMMER OF HIDDEN MYSTERIES.

Guests will be invited to become archaeologists, to interact with Indy himself and to journey deep into exotic jungles to unscramble clues, all the while learning what life is like for one of the greatest adventure heroes of all time.

Among the highlights of the INDIANA JONES SUMMER OF HIDDEN MYSTERIES, created by Disneyland Entertainment in partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd.:

• Random Acts of Indy – In the crowded streets of exotic Adventureland, guests never know when Indiana Jones might make an appearance. It could be in their midst, perhaps it will be high overhead, or even right next to them as Indy dashes by. But look fast, because Indy’s never in one place for long, especially when he’s being pursued by sinister villains!
    • Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Stone Tiger – In this intimate storytelling adventure presented multiple times each day at The Oasis, young Disneyland Park guests will uncover clues, decipher codes and embark on an archeological journey that culminates in an appearance by Indy himself!
    • Indiana Jones Adventure Map – Disneyland Park guests will explore just like Indy does when they pick up a collectible Adventure Map filled with mysterious clues. Artifacts and symbols are hidden throughout Adventureland and once they are revealed guests will find a special code, which they can take home to claim exclusive Indiana Jones digital content courtesy of Lucasfilm Ltd. It’s all at www.disneyland.com/indy starting May 22.
    • Indiana Jones Meets the Jungle Cruise – One of the all-time classic Disneyland attractions takes on a distinctly Indiana Jones flavor this summer as guests are invited to find unexpected Indy-themed surprises along some of the most mysterious rivers of the world.
    • New Indy Photo Location – Guests can boast to their friends back home that they outran a giant rolling boulder just like Indy himself - and then they can prove it with photographic evidence.

Indiana Jones Attraction Redefined The “E-Ticket” Experience

In addition to the special events offered throughout the INDIANA JONES SUMMER OF HIDDEN MYSTERIES, the Indiana Jones Adventure – Temple of the Forbidden Eye attraction continues to thrill guests daily - more than 95 million of them since its opening in 1995.

The Indiana Jones Adventure comes to life in an expedition through the fabled Temple of the Forbidden Eye, mysteriously hidden deep within the dense jungles of India. Look for action and thrills around every corner in this Disneyland guest-favorite where guests, boarding well-worn WWII troop transports, embark on what appears to be a standard archaeological tour.

Built long ago in tribute to the powerful deity Mara, the temple was rediscovered by Dr. Jones and his expedition team. According to temple lore, Mara could "look into your very soul," and then grant the "pure of heart" one of threemagical gifts: unlimited wealth, eternal youth or future knowledge. However, the ancient legend also issues a stern warning: "A terrible fate awaits those who gaze upon the eyes of Mara!" Dr. Jones would only say, "Records indicate that many have come... but few have returned."

Prior to boarding, guests are instructed by Indy’s longtime friend Sallah to look away from the eyes of Mara. He also asks them to keep an eye out for Indy, who entered the temple but has been missing from the expedition.

For those who dare look into the eyes of Mara, their journey takes a perilous twist. Their vehicles encounter clouds of smoke, fire, bubbling lava pits, ominous steam vents, a crumbling ceiling - even an "up close" confrontation with Mara. Legend says that Mara vaporizes the "unworthy" with beams of fire and other horrors such as screaming mummies, horrible bugs and rodents, snakes and poisonous darts.

Explorers discover even more surprises around every bend in this subterranean world where, just like in the blockbuster movies, escape is only temporary as they traverse a shaking suspension bridge, suffer an avalanche of creepy crawlies and face a gigantic rolling ball which threatens to flatten them and their vehicle. The journey is set apart by the fact that Disneyland Park guests never experience the same ride twice.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Senior Minion

Re: Indiana Jones™ Ventures to Disneyland® Park - 5/21/08

It will be interesting how Indy gets around in one of the most crowded areas of the park.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I think this is going to be awesome.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

and now i shall go cry since we're not coming back to town until september
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is a link to a few photos...

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...land-features/
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

LOL at Indy freaked out at the mouth of the Cave of Wonders. "It is I, Indiana Jones, a humble thief."

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I am interested in what is gonna go down with the JC

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I just saw the 12am showing of Crystal Skull and it was BRILLIANT!!! I can't wait to see what Disneyland has in store for us!!! I know I'll be there several times this summer!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Oh, this is exciting! I will add this to my list for my trip! Thanks for the info.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Ooooooooohhh........ I wonder what they did w/ the Jungle Cruise!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I know MC'er Simply Mad was at the first show - so hopefully she will have lots of great pictures and a report when she gets home on Saturday night. (Ok, report will likely not happen until at least Sunday...)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• SimplyMad about SimplyMad

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I know MC'er Simply Mad was at the first show - so hopefully she will have lots of great pictures and a report when she gets home on Saturday night. (Ok, report will likely not happen until at least Sunday...)
    I know for a fact that Simply Mad was at the first show - I saw her with my own eyes! There was also this kid named Harrison who was chosen to participate in the show...
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/svq6euz0zgrn5i44.png[/IMG]

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by ykiki View Post
    I know for a fact that Simply Mad was at the first show - I saw her with my own eyes! There was also this kid named Harrison who was chosen to participate in the show...
    You know something, I am really embarassed. I think I have to turn in my geek card. I just realized where Harrison's name comes from. DOH!