• Troublemaker

"Tomb Raiders" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #40

EPISODE 40: Tomb Raiders-- J is for Jones

So, Indiana Jones has a big new movie, and therefore Disneyland is packing Adventureland full of Indy goodness.

Sure, there are problems -- the new movie is referenced, yet that doesn't take place until the '50s whereas Adventureland is in the '30s. Or that the Indiana Jones Adventure has been open for more than a decade, but the new skits make it seem like Indy has never been there before. Or, that the host of a new "child friendly" show, who readily interacts with the young'uns ends up being the villain who we should never have trusted in the first place.

Strangely, it's still all good.

So, pull up a chair and enjoy an overview of Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Stone Tiger. Follow in Dr. Jones' footsteps as we encounter a few Random Acts of Indy. Explore realms never displayed in a video podcast before, and probably will never be again*. Laugh as Tiger gets another character crush (although, if you've read Kuzcochik's posts recently, it's not really a surprise). Oh, yeah, then there's the rest of the Disneyland Resort to explore!

Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes -- visit us by clicking HERE.

You can also find Quicktime versions of the show at HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure's mainpage. And, obviously, you can learn more about us at our main site: HorseAndRabbit.com.

(PS -- *yes, so part of our podcast takes place in the Adventureland restrooms. Is there a problem with that?)

(PPS -- okay, so even though the Red Wings defeated the Penguins for the Stanley Cup, Horse still seems to have something against the little birds. Poor Wheezy.)

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: "Tomb Raiders" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #40

I'm so partial as you know but this was one of the funniest things I've watched in a while!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    I'm so partial as you know but this was one of the funniest things I've watched in a while!
    I agree with KC that this is one of the funniest things I've watched in a while. BUT, I still have to rank G is for Gadget as my favorite podcast this year. That being said, this 'cast is most excellent and comes in a very close second. It's just that, IMO, you guys set the bar really, really high with G is for Gadget!!!

- Great Indy footage. You actually make the stage combat in Secret of the Stone Tiger look more realistic and exciting than I remember. LOL! And the random acts of Indy throughout Adventureland were nicely captured.
    - The Adventureland bathroom? Um, very funny and slightly disturbing at the same time. Actually, I was probably more disturbed at myself for laughing at it more than anything else.
    - I love the re-enactment of the fight over the rope bridge! Brilliant.
    - Dream Weaver: too funny. LMAO! Nice special effect too with the video. Something felt "off" to me though and I realized (watching a second time) that there was a small continuity error with Tiger. It's not a big deal though. That's me being nitpicky.
    - Horse_Bunny is broken? Awww. I hope she heals and feels better soon! (Although please tell her to stay away from Wheezy. I almost took back my sympathy after watching her abuse the defenseless little guy.)
    - More Darkwing_Chuck please. He fits in nicely with you guys.
    - And one last thing: Justin Timberlake called. He wants his sexy back.

• Time Travel Volunteer

Dreamweaver: Easily one of the best things I've seen in a long, long time.

And thanks Armadillo4, hopefully I will be able to accompany KC on another wacky Horse & Rabbit Adventure soon.
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

• Troublemaker

1) Thanks! I think a lot of it has to do with the music... and cutting portions out of the show gets rid of the drawn out dialogue between scuffles that slows the skit down. Granted, it's more obvious that Indy spends the whole show taking punches... and rarely actually goes on the offensive.

2) I bet you'll never listen to the "Gates of Doom" audio from the Indiana Jones Adventure the same way. That was a gag that I've wanted to do for a while, and finally had a time to do it.

3) Thanks! That was the third or fourth time Darkwing Chuck and I did that routine, since we were waiting for the gals to get their cameras ready. By that time, quite a few people were watching...

4) I was wondering if someone was going to notice that! It was bugging me the entire time I was cutting that segment together, however it's not like we could have run up to Disneyland to refilm.

5) Well, Horse_Bunny is sorta different "broken" than you may expect. Mostly, the wheelchair (which was a free rental, thanks to the wonderful folks at CFA!) was there so she could still enjoy herself while "resting" for most of the day. And she needs her rest. I'm curious to see if Kuzcochik is gonna say what the situation was in her trip report...

And, at least the Wheezy bit gave a nice shot of the new Midway Merchantile interior.

6) It's actually the second time he's been with the podcast crew, although the first time ("Still Mighty") he ended up being seated a few rows away. I think you see the back of his head at least once in that episode. but he did fit in very well with the cast. He did have to suffer a bit of newcomer hazing to be in this one.

7) Justin will have to talk to the new Monorail pilots. I don't think they want to give up the sexy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

1. Yeah, it was amusing to see Indy take so much punishment from Dr. Rachel in the show. She sure can dish it out.

2. LOL! You're right. I'll never listen to that audio clip the same way again.
    By the way, you have tremendous video quality with the Eye on the Globe video. I don't know how you did it, but well done!

5. Congratulations again to you and Horse_Bunny on your wonderful news!!! I kind of suspected it was something like that after what you wrote above. I'm very, very happy for you guys!

7. Oh, and if it wasn't apparent by my first post. I *loved* the one last thing segment. LOL! Absolutely freaking hilarious. The flashing text and video boxes really made it work.

I know I already posted about my love for this podcast in Kuzcochik's trip report, but I must say it again...this was great! Very well shot and very entertaining. Now, I go into the details.

1) The music was well chosen. Very fitting for the various scenes. Interesting use of ride Audio.
    2) I love the special effects with the Monorail and Caspian. Makes it even funnier!
    3) All the Indy footage was great.
    4) The rope bridge fight, however short, was awesome. I wish I had been there to see it.

In short, well done! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Had me laughing quite a bit. Thanks for filming and posting.

• Troublemaker

1) Thank you very much! I personally wish I would have had some clips from the other movies to use, but I work with what I have. And... that's a gag that Horse_Bunny and I had joked about forever... since I first got the attraction audio. Glad to see it materialize finally.

2) I was happy to see how those two came out. I only wish we had more Monorail footage to make that a little nicer. You live, you learn.

3) Thank you!

4) I wish I had left an actual video camera at the base of the tree for the gals to tape us with. That worked out, although due to the camera taking it there was a length issue and a quality issue. It was fun to do.

I'm so glad to hear that you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebewrr View Post
    I know I already posted about my love for this podcast in Kuzcochik's trip report, but I must say it again...this was great! Very well shot and very entertaining. Now, I go into the details.

1) The music was well chosen. Very fitting for the various scenes. Interesting use of ride Audio.
    2) I love the special effects with the Monorail and Caspian. Makes it even funnier!
    3) All the Indy footage was great.
    4) The rope bridge fight, however short, was awesome. I wish I had been there to see it.

In short, well done! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Had me laughing quite a bit. Thanks for filming and posting.

You've quite inspired me you know. I'm definitely going to have a camera and a video recorder handy next time I'm at Disneyland. Just in case. I wish I could do the bridge fight. Part of me thinks it won't be as entertaining if it's just my sister and I beating each other up. More confusing than anything.

Well, when I get the time, I'll definitely check out the rest of your podcasts. Once again, thanks for posting them for the enjoyment of us MiceChatters!