Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/17: Why Lie?

• It's all about Theme!

Re: 6/17: Why Lie?

Great as usual! But I was kinda hoping to hear about ISAW.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Sock Puppet

Maybe instead of building a moving sidewalk bridge over harbor blvd. they should build a normal walking bridge a let people walk over to disneyland. This way people would get some exercise and we wouldn't have to close down popular rides to fix them and make the rides deeper and boats more bouyant because we have to many fat and lazy people in this world and just want to take the easy way instead of taking care of their lifestyle.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    In all honesty, I still dont like the Radiator Springs idea. It just seems to 'Fantasyland-ish' for me, like it will be automatically themed for kids. Plus, the whole fact that talking cars can only do some much, I'm just not really 100% into this idea.
    Yeah, I'd MUCH rather see a more realistic looking Western River Expedition, than a Fantasylandesque Radiator Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    I can confirm 3 new units being added, Mine train, cigar factory, and pleasure island. The gridding for drivers shows 29 driving spots instead of the current 26. Of course these floats are new ones, not the old ones, which all got destroyed years ago.
    It's great to hear that FINALLY the MSEP is getting an update to the lighting, and if it looks as good as the new Princess Floats in F!, that will be nice to see. I would hope some entirely new movies would be represented in the updated MSEP, though.

And regarding the upgrading for F!, I CERTAINLY HOPE they will FINALLY REPLACE the long missing URSULA barge! That part of F! gets a little long, with just the water screens, and no other activity! URSULA added that extra interest with her light up eyes, moving mouth and tentacles on the Rivers of America! Now if ONLY they could add something more exciting than the rather long and boring "underwater segment" of Pinnochio!

• sr.member

Thanks for another great update!

Nana

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yeah, I'd MUCH rather see a more realistic looking Western River Expedition, than a Fantasylandesque Radiator Springs.

It's great to hear that FINALLY the MSEP is getting an update to the lighting, and if it looks as good as the new Princess Floats in F!, that will be nice to see. I would hope some entirely new movies would be represented in the updated MSEP, though.

And regarding the upgrading for F!, I CERTAINLY HOPE they will FINALLY REPLACE the long missing URSULA barge! That part of F! gets a little long, with just the water screens, and no other activity! URSULA added that extra interest with her light up eyes, moving mouth and tentacles on the Rivers of America! Now if ONLY they could add something more exciting than the rather long and boring "underwater segment" of Pinnochio!
    Well from what I hear there are supposed to be Flotsem and Jetsem characters on Jet Skies that are going to be added.

The new dragon which is supposed to have 120 motions of control. Everyone I talked to that works in Shows or Techs never said anything to me about a larger pit being made. For one, if you look at the trap stage level, you will notice that the width is the exact fit between the two staircases. The staircases cant be moved for obvious reasons, two lighting towers, blocking the handicapped elevator, and Maleficents lift is on the side of one. You cant go left or right under the stage cause you have mickeys lift and males lift. You cant go back because you have the compressor room for the dragon, and you cant go forward because of the projector room thats right there, plus an entire pit of lighting, smoke effects, and other effects that line that front of the lower stage portion.

Thats why the dragon wasnt made bigger in the first place, because of the size of the pit.

And that long underwater segment is there for a reason, its to cover the towers rising.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 06-17-2008 at 06:22 PM.

• Banned User

It seems Lance didn't read the update, or his sources are out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamscape.com
    Disneyland Jubilation Parade - (6/17/08) I don’t know much about this yet, but Screamscape sources tell me that Disneyland may be getting their own version of Tokyo Disneyland’s Jubilation Parade as early as Summer 2009. The plan is to build their own fleet of floats, skipping over some of the minor or less popular floats from Japan, and the production will get a new soundtrack and likely new costumes as well by the time it opens. I’ve embedded a video from YouTube below for your enjoyment. I’m not sure how this fits in with the older rumors about the park waiting until 2010 to add a new parade for the 55th Anniversary Celebration, or past stories that claimed that the Parade of Dreams would continue to run through early 2010.

While WDI poured their hearts into theming the new Toy Story ride buildings to the max, there is also some evidence that perhaps WDI over-thinks some things they put into the parks....Imagineers love to say that the magic is in the details, but sometimes they can be far too obscure to matter much.
    Jeez, now nicely themed ODV stands are coming under attack? Remember when these were just ugly push carts? At least someone decided spruce one up.
    Milhouse: We gotta spread this stuff around. Let's put it on the internet!
    Bart: No! We have to reach people whose opinions actually matter!
    "The Simpsons" Episode #214

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think that they went in to balance FOODS' loss of Maliburitos.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Great as usual! But I was kinda hoping to hear about ISAW.
    IASW is still being worked on.

The End.

-Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Regarding the Don Tomas story...

This is not the first time that Disney named something really obscure that no one knew what it meant.

Take Sunkist, I Presume for example (my uncle's establishment in Adventureland). Needless to say growing up I had no idea why it was named that or what it meant so one day I asked my aunt why it was called that. She told me that it had something to do with a novel by Robert Louis Stevenson or someone -- I honestly forget by now. Which is just as well because apparently my uncle didn't choose it -- Disney did. She also told me that she hated that name. True story.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    OK Call TDA, I'm just saying that I had heard those plans existed.

Your idea sounds cool, I'll do you one better.

Bring back the PeopleMover, but from the Tram Loading areas to the two parking garages, and reuse the PM right of way in Tomorrowland for a Pod ride.
    TDA doesn't care about efficiency.

And I like your idea better.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    Maybe instead of building a moving sidewalk bridge over harbor blvd. they should build a normal walking bridge a let people walk over to disneyland. This way people would get some exercise and we wouldn't have to close down popular rides to fix them and make the rides deeper and boats more bouyant because we have to many fat and lazy people in this world and just want to take the easy way instead of taking care of their lifestyle.
    Not all fat people are lazy. That's rather insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Regarding the Don Tomas story...

This is not the first time that Disney named something really obscure that no one knew what it meant.

Take Sunkist, I Presume for example (my uncle's establishment in Adventureland). Needless to say growing up I had no idea why it was named that or what it meant so one day I asked my aunt why it was called that. She told me that it had something to do with a novel by Robert Louis Stevenson or someone -- I honestly forget by now. Which is just as well because apparently my uncle didn't choose it -- Disney did. She also told me that she hated that name. True story.
    "Dr. Livingstone, I presume," is the quote. It was spoken by New York Herald reporter Henry Morton Stanley to Dr. David Livingstone, a researcher and missionary who had been out of touch in Africa for six years in 1871. It's a very famous, though possibly apocryphal quote.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Not all fat people are lazy. That's rather insulting.
    still couldnt hurt.

i would rather have a normal walkway than a moving walkway too. i hate when people just stand on moving walkways as if it is a ride. walk on the moving walkway and you get there twice as fast. drives me crazy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Thanks for the update Al. You covered a lot of ground with this one.

I certainly agree that the marketing strategy for TSMM at the "Disneyland Resort" is extremely flawed. Extremely flawed. However, it would be great to hear from someone in the Marketing department and get their side of the story. It seems that Al's sources are those that have gone to battle against Marketing, so we're only hearing one side. In reality, I can't imagine a good reason for this marketing approach, but it'd be nice to give them a chance at rebuttal. Of course, something like that will probably only happen when pigs fly.

The DVC news about the West Coast initiative was interesting reading. Maybe it just won't be as successful here as in Florida. But speaking of Florida transplants, it was great to hear that Michael O'Grattan is out in the parks and has an understanding about maintaining the high standards that we expect from Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That sounds like a totally stupid idea to me. Drilling UNDER harbor??? That would cost more than building a moving sidewalk/bridge I think. It's really not THAT far.
    It's actually not all that expensive to drill under. Certainly less expensive and disruptive than a moving sidewalk and bridge.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast