Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 6/17: Why Lie?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: 6/17: Why Lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Funniest.
    Backstory.
    EVER!

Thank you so much for this. I needed a good laugh today and you scored... big time.
    I'll be here until Thursday (hey that's today!!).
    Try the veal.
    And, I'm glad that the [whisper]R[/whisper] is back. I hadn't noticed until now. Finally, something to strive for!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Al's reports seem to be more accurate. I'll trade frequency for accuracy any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    I agree. Even when it is reported elsewhere that Al's update is similar to the contents of a post-horse-parade bucket, it turns out to be truer than the corporate lines elsewhere. (No names.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You have a problem with Senor Trashy and Monsieur Benchy? Vaudvillians, they were. Song-and-dance AND comedy. Moved out west with the Movie business in the 'teens...
    Ha! Nice one. I bet there are worse backstories in the parks...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalJoshy View Post
    As far as the ODV backstory... I remember going on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK in WDW. There's a wagon selling McDonald's French fries that was used in the tour to illustrate that everything has a backstory. In this case the cart was at one location, a flood hit, and the cart was pushed down the hill. Mr. McDonald - being the honest guy he is - crossed out the year in a sign that said 'same location since 18XX' and wrote the year of the 'new' location. Supporting this backstory, the wheels are sunk into the ground, the fence has been mended where the cart crashed through, etc. etc.

The guide explained all this and the tour group stared at her blankly. She then fired back, "I said everything has a backstory - I didn't say they were all good ones!" No one may ever hear or care about the backstory - but those small elements that make little sense on the surface help to create a deeper layer that makes Disney theming stand out on top. So therefore I disagree with the backstory naysayers with the turkey stand.
    I did that tour and heard that story. As nice as backstory is, it doesn't make up for other things. In this case, the presence of McDonalds fries in the Magic Kingdom is a negative IMO, and all the theming and storytelling in the world won't make up for it. But I agree that the small details really contribute to Disney being Disney.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Make it Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    We are Disney fans, not fanboys...
    Really? Are you sure?

Fans are just people who just follow with interest.

Fangirls (can refer to both genders) obsess and staunchly defend and generally love everything about their fandom. They are exceptionally easy to please.

Fanboys obsess and are never pleased.

• Banned User

Angry Re: 6/17: Why Lie?

The Princess Fantasy Faire will stick around through 55th Anniversary?! AAAAARGH! Al, you really disappoint me. When will you give me the good news about a new show for Fantasyland Theatre? I've been waiting over a year and I was hoping it will end in 2009 perminatley. And what did I hear? I hear it's going to stick around one more year. This is ridiculous. It may be popular, but still I think it's a stupid idea. Looks like it's another year of my obsession and I don't know how long I should take. This better be a lie.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 06-22-2008 at 03:49 PM.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by composerboy View Post
    Fangirls (can refer to both genders) obsess and staunchly defend and generally love everything about their fandom. They are exceptionally easy to please.
    Leave Britney Alone! Haters! Mariah's voice is just as good as it used to be! Whitney had a cold that night! Yeah #1!!! (I love YouTube)

They are indeed planning on repaving Main Street USA. But heres the things its not for The Wonder Parade. Its because the trolley tracks need to be replaced plus the pavement needs some good R and R anyway. So yeah. Thats my 2 cent bit. Nothing more from me.

Any thought that the reason that information is thin is that Lasseter and crew have closed a bit of the loose lips? Steve Jobs is extremely sensitive to information leaks and he passed that culture on to the Pixar crew.

Jobs is known to give out misinformation so as to find and close leaks. It wouldn't surprise me if there has been a bit of a culture change in this regard.
    The Mur

Fantasmic is going to be down too??! Great...my September trip is getting better and better! Its supposed to be down in August. Why close it for all of September and October!

• Long Distance Imagineer

Has anyone considered fixing the air problem in the monorails from the ceiling, and not from the sides? There are ceiling fans, vents, etc. that could safely open the ceiling to bring in fresh air on hot days. Sun roof, anyone? ;o)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678