Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/17: Why Lie?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/17: Why Lie?

Avoiding the DCA name, Monorail Blues, Entertainment Update, GardenTalk, More... Discuss it all here!

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al061708a.htm
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Fortuosity!

Re: 6/17: Why Lie?

No info on the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through Al? Still a great article though. As always.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Bucket List Car

I really love your updates, Al. Great job as usual.

• Look not into the eyes...

Hey Al, I have a friend that works in Parades over at DCA and he says that they were just told that World of Color has been put on hold. Also they heard that they are going to be adding some more of the Electrical Parade floats back into the parade, including replacing the Blue Fairy at the beginning of the parade with a Tinkerbell Float. Also they are going to be doing a big refurb on all of the floats changing the lighting over to LED's. With the work on the parade route over at Disneyland and the work on Fantasmic. It looks like DCA will be the only game in town for a little while this winter.

• FastPass n00b

I am glad that Disney realizes that Fantasmic! is still one of the best shows around and that it just needed technology upgrades. The show was still cutting edge, but giving it modern technology will push it right up there with anything Las Vegas could offer. It is *perfect* as it is (unless they want to re-add the Ursula float) and should not be changed other than adding new technology.

Disney got this one just right!

• or CBF

Well done Al, as always!
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Love what's going on around the resort. Thanks Al!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Master of Disaster

With Hyperion getting a refurb are they going to put bathrooms in there???

• Circle of Ancients

Great Update Al.

Question: If they build a 2nd structure in Pumbaa, how are they going to get people to the park? That sidewalk and crosswalk area is already packed to the gills when the existing lot is open. I can't imagine a multi-level parking structure and having that many people have to walk to the park.

Some kind of bridge with a moving sidewalk would probably be the way to go. Honestly, they should do the same with the existing structure. It would greatly reduce the reliance on trams.

Blog Entries

It's a shame that DHS doesn't see fit to update Fantasmic in Orlando. I last saw the show there two years ago and found it awful back then. If they would get the updates to it that Disneyland is getting it might make it worth watching. As it stands, at this point in time I just skip Fantasmic in DHS.

• Senior Minion

before the big plans Tony Baxter has for Tomorrowland take root early next decade.
    OK, Al, we love you, but this is just pure torture! When will we hear anything about what the big plans are?

Thanks for another great update!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Some kind of bridge with a moving sidewalk would probably be the way to go. Honestly, they should do the same with the existing structure. It would greatly reduce the reliance on trams.
    They really need to take a page out of the Universal Studios notebook on this one. We were talking about this in Florida last week. Their parking structures on both coasts just seem so much more efficient at moving people and I think the moving sidewalks are key to this.

Thanks Al for another terrific update.
    Rick

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    They really need to take a page out of the Universal Studios notebook on this one. We were talking about this in Florida last week. Their parking structures on both coasts just seem so much more efficient at moving people and I think the moving sidewalks are key to this.

Thanks Al for another terrific update.
    Agreed. Disney is ALWAYS trying to re-route people through DtD with the closed gate to the tram. How about having a moving sidewalk from the parking structure that let's you out in DtD. Problem solved.

It works at Universal, they dump you out in Citywalk in both coasts, heck, the "Hub" between the two FL parks even contains some stores/restaurants.

They could easily do away with the Harbor bus drop off area, add some more restaurants there, have the crosswalk (make it a bridge though) and a moving sidewalk from the Pumbaa structure.

Get rid of trams altogether, have another moving sidewalk from Mickey and Friends that leaves you at the other side of DtD and you have the current tram road that can be used for DtD expansion or back-stage expansion.

Sure it would probably cost a bit, but with rising fuel prices, CM's for the trams, wear and tear, etc, it would probably pay for itself within a few years.

• Seasick

Finally, a new update from Al! My withdrawal symptoms are fading, the shaking is stopping, and I haven't even read it yet.

Thanks as always!
    Last edited by BC_DisneyGeek; 06-17-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Great update, thank you! It's unfathomable that Disney messed up the new monorail so badly. Yes it looks nice, but come on guys, Bob Gurr and the boys built one of these 49 years ago, it truly isn’t rocket science!

Regarding Sleeping Beauty Castle, I was at the “park” last Thursday and there was a construction wall surrounding the exit door to the “walk thru” at the castle, not sure what it was about, but we can dream. Here is a link to the construction wall photo: http://bp0.blogger.com/_3jV5FcVqpE8/SFfuJ8K025I/AAAAAAAACQ0/2zHW0G7kSjI/s1600-h/P6120025.JPG
    To view old Disneyland and Theme park tickets, visit my blog at:

http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast