Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/27: Chaplin + Bergman = Wall-E

Pixar's latest is not what you think, discuss Sue's review here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: http://miceage.micechat.com/suekruse/sk062708a.htm
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: 6/27: Chaplin + Bergman = Wall-E

everyone is entitled to an opinion and rightfully sue is as well however if you go to www.rottentomatoes.com 89 critics gave it a great review and 2 didnt thats a 98 percent positive.... 100 percent of the top criticics gave it a positive review so far no other film has accomplished this type of percentage this summer. Different movie projection sites are reporting this film will bring in between 75-85 million . I saw the movie at a screening with a bunch of the top movie company executives about a month ago and they were enthralled... This film has huge potential Nemo sized potential if not that It will certainly hit Lion king numbers

• would love some pie

I tend to disagree on the action flick comment. There are plenty of moments in the film that are devoted simply to Wall-E and Eve falling in love. And the ending is anything but action. I felt that the other robots didn't need to be developed as characters because there wasn't much to contribute to the story on their part, other than towards the end. She also forgot to mention the auto-pilot as a primary character.

For me, at least, the movie was enthralling from start to finish and I loved every second of it.
    KABLAM!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Unbelievable.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, is giving this movie an excellent reiview. This morning's Los Angeles Times review headline said "Out Of This World." A quick review of the critiques on Yahoo movies gives it either an A or A- rating.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict a couple of things: First that this is going to be the biggest movie of the year, and second that this is going to become a classic years down the road.

I haven't seen it yet, but when you have so many critics agreeing that this is such a great movie it's at least worth checking it out.

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Intersting. Didn't love the movie, but borrowed it's title style for the web banner. Hmm.
    Last edited by JJ61; 06-27-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

CNN's critic today has labeled it hands down the best film of the year so far.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

I just think its funny how the Disney Geekdom isnt reviewing this film as highly as others Mouseplanets review was so so as well ... Perhaps we arent looking at the bigger picture

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JJ61 View Post
    Intersting. Didn't love the movie, but borrowed it's title style for the web banner. Hmm.
    Just as a point of reference, the web-site banner has nothing to do with Sue's review of the movie. Sue is one of the columnists on the site and has written a review of the movie (and MANY other movies over the years).

I'm SO looking forward to this. We'll probably see it on Sunday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Just as a point of reference, the web-site banner has nothing to do with Sue's review of the movie. Sue is one of the columnists on the site and has written a review of the movie (and MANY other movies over the years).
    I know. However, Sue is representing Miceage as the published reviewer of this movie. Miceage and Micechat have chosen to reference - and in my opinion, tie in to - the release of the film via the new flashy banner.

I have NO problem with Sue, Al, or anyone loving/liking/hating this or any film.

I was just making an observation on the administration of this site. No 'hating' intended in any way.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by JJ61 View Post
    I was just making an observation on the administration of this site.
    Well, at least one of the Administrators loved it. We do tie-ins to attractions, movies, and all kinds of Disney stuff - just for fun.
    -Monorail Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Well, at least one of the Administrators loved it. We do tie-ins to attractions, movies, and all kinds of Disney stuff - just for fun.
    And I have to say this one was a job very well done!

I have to disagree with the writers opinion in regards to the movie. The movie has lots ot offer even after the first 20 minutes. The continued love and affection that Wall-E has in the first 20 minutes continue thruought the movie. The subtle but geniune care that EVE devlops for this little robot slowly transforms this movie into more than an action flick but instead into a very well written and loving love story.

The back story of the humans seemed to be lost on the reviewer as there was a reason for them being lazy and fat and was explained at one point in the movie (and is actual fact due to the loss of gravity in space).

Yes some of the other robots could have had their personaility developed but i think it would had dragged the main story of the movie. The small subtle character development of each of those characters easily made you understand their purpose in life and at the same time gave you the feeling that they were just misunderstood personailities.

Pixar did it again and delivers a fantastic movie that should keep children busy and entertained while giving adults a great storyline and superb animation without the need to degrade themselves to the level of fart jokes and crude antics

Saw the film last night at midnight at the Sherman Oaks ArcLight and absolutely loved it. Sue is off the mark here. I'm not sure what she has against Pixar films but the story, technique, imagery, charm and suspense are off the charts on this one folks. Everyone has their own opinion I guess. This one here is mine.

And BTW the Bergman reference? Go to film school. That comparison is so wrong it is ridiculous!
    Last edited by mickeyandme67; 06-27-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Now 40% less bitter!

Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing the film. I can totally see how you'd compare Wall-E to Chaplin. Thank you for posting the info about the themed sundae!
    Oo-de-lally!

I saw the film early this morning and was not all that impressed. I felt that the magician short before the film was absolutely hilarious. Wall E did not impress me nor any others that accompanied us. The 6 of us left bored and 1 had to be awakend to leave.
    - Grumpy

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast