• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney on Ice presents 'Worlds of Fantasy' introducing 'Cars' & 'Fairies'

Disney on Ice Presents Worlds of Fantasy

Latest production features live debut of fairies from
    Walt Disney Pictures Tinker Bell and brings Disney/Pixar's Cars
    to the ice for the first time

VIENNA, Va., July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy takes flight this fall as Feld Entertainment's newest ice spectacular, featuring four fun-filled classic and current Disney stories. Set to launch on a 70 city, two-year tour in August 2008, Worlds of Fantasy showcases beloved characters from Disney/Pixar's Cars, Disney's The Lion King and The Little Mermaid, as well as a live debut of the magical cast of new Fairies from the highly anticipated October 28th DVD and Blu-ray(TM) release of Walt Disney Pictures Tinker Bell.

In a captivating "fairy tale" segment, audiences will enter into the wondrous world of Pixie Hollow and meet the Disney Fairies from Tinker Bell. The entire ice floor will transform into springtime, as the fairies' magical role in the mysteries of nature is finally revealed. For the tour's first nine cities, Worlds of Fantasy performs before the movie releases in the U.S., serving as a sneak preview of the enchantment to come.

"Our re-creation of Pixie Hollow and the visual splendor on the ice sets the stage for the magical and diverse cast of Disney Fairies," says Producer Nicole Feld. "Audiences will get to meet the fairies live for the first time ever as we open the door to this mystical fairy world deep in the heart of Never Land and unveil the secrets that lie within."

In another first time reveal, life-size Disney/Pixar's Cars characters -- Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater and the crew -- take their high-octane personalities to the ice. Featuring state-of-the-art, custom animatronics, their eyes and mouths move with every twist and turn on the frozen highway. Mater has amusing antics in store as the Cars characters convoy to rock the ice with jumps, spins and freewheeling fun.
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...7072008-1.html

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Disney on Ice presents 'Worlds of Fantasy' introducing 'Cars' & 'Fairies'

This looks interesting. Cars on ice? Have to check it out.

I would like to see them produce a one-story show though in the future.

Thanks for sharing the info!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Yes?

Re: Disney on Ice presents 'Worlds of Fantasy' introducing 'Cars' & 'Fairies'

After seeing Disney's Princess Wishes on Ice I will be looking forward to seeing if this comes to our city. My girls enjoyed the show and I was impressed at the quality of it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?