Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Are you under the impression that they'd be doing this to "save" the Syrians? All I see is "tensions rising".

For the record, that's what it said about Iraq until it changed from "Operation: WMDS" to "Operation: Democracy."

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith157

I'm worried about the North Korea issues as well, but we refused to talk to them last week after Rice belly ached about their uncoopertiveness. With her taking care of diplomatic relations we'll all be dead within the year. At least Powell had some tact and was a genuinely good person.
    Yeah, I don't think the policy of constantly referring to them as an evil empire and then wanting to talk later is going to work very well.

I used to be very opinionated about every political issue. I still am, but nowadays when I look over at the situation in Iraq and the Middle East, and when I look at North Korea... I honestly don't know. Things aren't good, and I don't know what should be done. At this point, the only thing I can do is sit back, try not to worry, and hope and pray that things don't get worse.

• I like Cheese...

I am very political, but I try to leave that behind when I come here. I don't want to mix the 2. BUt I will say that the situation today from the point of view of someone who grew up in the 70's and 80's with 5000 soviet missles pointed at us is pretty much that same thing. - Plus ca change, Plus c'est la meme chose: The more things change, the more they stay the same...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I'm up to just going to Disneyland to just forget about it but going through those checkpoints remind me all over again about how dangerous this world has become, or how paranoid we all become. I voted for Bush myself and it's sad to say, I bought into his war on terror. How couldn't I? I lived in the shadow of the Twins (WTC) for two years when living in Jersey City, NJ. 9-11 was a sad day for me indeed watching those towers fall on cnn. I wanted pay-back and bought into this war on Terror bull that Bush *RING* *RING* Hold on...have to get the phone.....Hello? Oh hey President Bush, I was just talking about you....Huh...Oh you know? How? I haven't even sent it yet. Oh I see...The NSA...Saw me typing it..Oh the whole Patriot Act gives them Permission to...Oh I See. Hey, since I have you on the phone, How's the whole search for Yomama Ben Slobbin' going? You know the guy we started this whole war of terror on? Oh pretty good huh? Well, how come we go into Iraq before we even captured Yomama? Oh Saddam was going to give Yomama WMDs. But wait, we didn't find anything over there? Oh he shipped them over to Syria. But wait, if Syria has Saddam's WMD, why are we centering our attention to Iran? Oh because we have no legal reason for going into Syria yet but Iran may give Yomama nukes...but President Bush, Iran doesn't have nukes yet but North Korea does, why don't we go after them? Oh because North Korea doesn't have the capability of hitting the White House..But sir, they do have the capability of hitting us here on the West Coast. What, that's ok because Cali is just full of Hippy, gang bangers who didn't vote for you anyway? Hey I voted for you. Oh, I'm just one little vote that didn't win you the Electoral votes. I see. Well, I guess that makes us even then because I actually voted for McCain in the primaries. SLAM.
    Damn, I hate it when the President calls every morning just to ruin my day
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Santa Barbara, CA

I like the idea that Micechat has it's own "berm" of topics that is an escape from the outside world. Although i think all of these opinions are valid, maybe it's more apropos to keep it positive (and less divisive). there's amillion blogs for that. Just a thought.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I like the idea that Micechat has it's own "berm" of topics that is an escape from the outside world. Although i think all of these opinions are valid, maybe it's more apropos to keep it positive (and less divisive). there's amillion blogs for that. Just a thought.
    Yes. THere is quite enough contreversy about APs, FPs and strollers, which is all good in my book Just wait until someone starts a GayDays thread...

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

*checks calendar*

Too early in the year for the Gay Days war to start.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    *checks calendar*

Too early in the year for the Gay Days war to start.
    yep. but start it will. It always does...

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like President Bush about as much as I liked President Nixon. Nada.

Ronald Reagan, the man ain't. My family is a mix of parties, from liberal Democrats, a moderate (myself), and a fiscal conservative, and none of us can really stand the man.

The most liberal sides of John Kerry would have, for better or for worse, been shot down by a Republican Congress that isn't changing ownership anytime in the forseeable future. However, we continue to have a one-party domination of this country, and now "conservatives" are giving us the pork-barrel spending we can handle, thanks to having no real opposition to speak of.

Since the election broke down more or less to a Yes/No questionaire on the incumbant's pre-emptive war policy than the strengths of either man, all I can say is that I hope you enjoy your next war. You voted for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12