Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Wisdom Teeth Removal..

I just found out today I'm going to need my wisdom teeth (all 4) removed in the near future. I have an infraction (sp?). I didn't realize it was surgery until my mom told me, i thought it was simple like baby teeth being pulled.
    Any advice? :O

• love my friends

Re: Wisdom Teeth Removal..

when I was 21 i had all 4 taken out..

Dont want to scare you, it hurt pretty bad afterwards. REmember to eat soft foods (they will tell you that of course) you cant suck thru a straw, and TAKE THE PAIN MEDS...

are you being put to sleep. I did. A friend of mine didnt was just frozen, I really dont recommend that one.

((hugs you you)) everything will be ok

Friends for life

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was in my early 20's when I had all 4 of mine out. It wasn't so bad. Since it is all 4, I recommend you let them put you to sleep. The important thing, is to follow the directions they give you afterwards. That will keep down the swelling. Pain medications that they prescribed were useless for me. Now, which is a long time from when I had mine out, I realize that ibuprofen works the best for my pain.

I felt like my mouth wasn't there at all that's because it is 4 back teeth. I only felt the front of my mouth for days.

Don't fret too much. There will be some pain afterwards, but if you apply ice, and do what they recommend, you should heal fast.

Good luck.

• love my friends

barbara is right, followed the af ter care instructions (I put ice packs on my face as well) that seemed to help alot, for pain they had given me tylonel 3's i beleive seemed to work

Friends for life

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I had mine out about 3 months ago. I was SOOOO scared. But, thank God, it wasn't anything too bad. They removed them in the dentist's office....while I was awake. I didn't hear any scraping or crunching (that's what I was scared of) and felt nothing! I actually didn't feel ANY pain at ALL. The worst part was the pain meds they gave me. I took them when I got home anticipating pain, and the pills made me deathly ill to my stomach. I was hugging the toilet that night. TMI, I know....want to warn you if you have problems with any pain meds. But, the next day...I felt great. had them taken out Mon....was eating pretty good by Friday.

Good luck!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I had mine out about 3 months ago. I was SOOOO scared. But, thank God, it wasn't anything too bad. They removed them in the dentist's office....while I was awake. I didn't hear any scraping or crunching (that's what I was scared of) and felt nothing! I actually didn't feel ANY pain at ALL. The worst part was the pain meds they gave me. I took them when I got home anticipating pain, and the pills made me deathly ill to my stomach. I was hugging the toilet that night. TMI, I know....want to warn you if you have problems with any pain meds. But, the next day...I felt great. had them taken out Mon....was eating pretty good by Friday.

Good luck!
    thats right I forgot you had that done recently

Friends for life

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

Dont want to scare you, it hurt pretty bad afterwards. REmember to eat soft foods (they will tell you that of course) you cant suck thru a straw, and TAKE THE PAIN MEDS...

are you being put to sleep. I did. A friend of mine didnt was just frozen, I really dont recommend that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I was in my early 20's when I had all 4 of mine out. It wasn't so bad. Since it is all 4, I recommend you let them put you to sleep. The important thing, is to follow the directions they give you afterwards. That will keep down the swelling. Pain medications that they prescribed were useless for me. Now, which is a long time from when I had mine out, I realize that ibuprofen works the best for my pain.

I felt like my mouth wasn't there at all that's because it is 4 back teeth. I only felt the front of my mouth for days.

Don't fret too much. There will be some pain afterwards, but if you apply ice, and do what they recommend, you should heal fast.

Good luck.
    Yep, i'm being put to sleep for the procedure. Do you think i'd need to miss school to recover? Or is it not that bad?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This sounds stupid but the worst thing about the procedure was smell of rotten blood that has to stay in those pockets. If you are asleep you'll be fine. The pain is annoying but not excruciating. Give yourself at least 3 days to recoup.

Good luck!
    Chad

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    Yep, i'm being put to sleep for the procedure. Do you think i'd need to miss school to recover? Or is it not that bad?
    i went back to work the enxt day only BECUASE my boss was a tool..

I would ahve rather had taken about 2 days off.. I guess it al depends on how things are, some people are fine after I was in pain for 2-3 days..

I woudl tell the teachers (or proffs) if you are in college, you ma y need to take a few days off school.... Now if you could get it done on a thru or frid you take a few days off school and also ahve the weekend to recoup

glad you are being put to sleep, to me this is the best way to have it done

Friends for life

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I went back to work the next day, but I looked like I had been beaten upside the head. Pain from the extraction was not bad at all, but my jaw was sore for a long time afterwards.
    A signature should go here.

• Queen of Randomness

I remember trying to type on Micechat while holding a ice pack to my face. The only reason that I took so long off of work was because my checks swelled up. I looked like a chipmunk and I didn't go outside for days but that doesn't happen to most people.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

I had anesthesia on me and I was wake but I didn't feel any pain because of that. oh it is torture. lol. It takes days to recover from that procedure.

• no flash photography...

vicadin will be your friend. I was offered to have my wisdom tooth removed on Saturday (yes, I only have one), but we decided after my root canal my insurance will be exhausted.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I actually only had my 2 bottom wisdom teeth taken out. My top ones are attached to my sinus cavity and they said it would be horrible if they took those 2 out.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I still have my wisdom teeth. It would actually be more trouble than it's worth to pull them out as on the bottom they'd also have to pull the molar in front and then DIG the wisdom teeth out.

I am a complete wuss for pain. I had my front bottom middle tooth pulled back in 2002 and popped pain killers like they were candy the next day (didn't know you can kind of OD on Tylenol until then). A couple years ago I had a root canal in the same area and was in a lot of pain the next day and the meds they prescribed me made me soooo sick (turns out anything with codeine in it does NOT agree with me).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast