Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This computer mouse drives me crazy

The more I am on the computer, the more I learn.

The one thing, that I will never like, however is the computer mouse.

It drives me crazy. I just can't get the hang of it. I want to go one way and well it just sits there. I thought I was getting better, but it's like my typing. I am just not good at it.

The computer mouse drives me crazy.

Does anything just bug you, the way this computer mouse bugs me?
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: This computer mouse drives me crazy

Learning to mouse and getting use to using it as in input device takes some time. Kids seem to pick up on it pretty quick, but those of us how grew up in a time that a mechanical pencil was special... well its a bit more work. I've gotten use to mousing now and I much prefer the mouse to a track ball, but then I've been using computers since before they had rodents attached to them!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

We have the mouse with the ball on top, and it absolutely drives me nuts to use a computer with the regular mouse on it. I also hate dial-up. I wish I could find a DSL provider here!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

...I know but..

There are NO DSL providers in Port Hueneme? Who does your phone service? Is it Verizon or SBC? Earthlink has DSL in a lot of places now. I could even get it in my little grease spot in the desert..

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

We're on Point Mugu base, and so far Verizon and Adelphia have told me because of the location, they are not the provider. (and haven't told me who is!)
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Disney Memory Maker

If a regular mouse bothers you, then you should try an optical one (they have no ball on bottom). They might be a bit easier to use.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    The more I am on the computer, the more I learn.

The one thing, that I will never like, however is the computer mouse.

It drives me crazy. I just can't get the hang of it. I want to go one way and well it just sits there. I thought I was getting better, but it's like my typing. I am just not good at it.

The computer mouse drives me crazy.

Does anything just bug you, the way this computer mouse bugs me?
    Have you taken it apart to clean it? That usually fixes mine when it starts "sitting there".
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

THie computer is my husband's territory. He doesn't understand my problem. He tells me "just do this". It is one of those things I guess I will never master. I am so much better than I used to be. It is just that I am on the computer so much lately that I get a little aggravated, when it doesn't get over to where I want it to.

My husband would not be too happy, if I attempted to take the mouse apart, and I don't think I could, even if I tried. I should suggest it to him though.
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    THie computer is my husband's territory. He doesn't understand my problem. He tells me "just do this". It is one of those things I guess I will never master. I am so much better than I used to be. It is just that I am on the computer so much lately that I get a little aggravated, when it doesn't get over to where I want it to.

My husband would not be too happy, if I attempted to take the mouse apart, and I don't think I could, even if I tried. I should suggest it to him though.
    Depending on the mouse, it is usually VERY simple. The bottom usually has a round disc around the ball. You use 2 fingers to twist it to the left and it pops off, and the ball will come out. You can clean the ball with a little windex on a paper towel, or a little 409. It accumlates all sorts of gunk. Then take a q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on any of the internal parts. There are several "rolly things", and I usually use tweezers on any hairs or buildup I cant get with the qtip. Then pop the ball back in, put the disc back on by twisting to the right. It is amazing all the stuff that builds up inthere.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am beginning to think, it is also this goofy mousepad he has. It has a padded part on one end. No matter how I turn that mouse pad around it causes me trouble. Guess I should find the flat mousepad that's around here somewhere and try that.

Thanks for the directions on cleaning the mouse.
    Pop Century Resort

• Banned User

I clean mine when it seems to not want to go where I want it to. it gets all gunked up so cleaning it really sets it on the right track again. I bet yours needs cleaning barbaraan

• Hooterville, USA

Wait until you get "mouse elbow". Too much mousin' brings it on.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

there is a good reason to go to Target and spend $20 on an optical mouse that is easy to clean..... every 6 months.. lol... I have to clean the wheel click park... thats it.. no cleaning the ball... cause there aint a ball..

• Sock Puppet

check out this site: http://www.broadbandreports.com/

On the left their is a menu, with a 'find service' option. Put in your info, and you should be able to find service. The base probably has fiber-optics, which is much faster than dsl or cable. Hope this helps.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I want to thank everyone for their advice on the mouse issue. My husband's computer mouse was the one we were having the trouble with. He purchased an optical mouse, for $9.99. It is great.

During the last week, I have been fortunate enough to have become the proud owner of a laptop computer. The mouse is built in, and I love it. No more problems getting the mouse to go where I want it to.

As Jiminy Cricket would say. "What they can't do these days".

Thanks again, for those who gave their advice.

My husband is so happy, that he now doesn't have to share his computer with me. I believe he feels I spend way too much time on Mice Chat.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast