Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

How Do You Cool Down?

OK, it's hot. I mean gross, sweaty, don't go outside unless you absolutely have to hot. SO how about it? What do you do to keep cool in this kind of weather?

I drink tons of cold water, more so than usual for me, and I try not to leave the air conditioned sanctuary of my own home.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: How Do You Cool Down?

As I sit here its 86 according to the outdoor thermometer already.

I have my a/c at home set to automatically come on at 4pm so that when I get home its nice and cool. Even so I keep the t-stat set at 82 during the day when I'm not there. Its actually more efficient to have your home t-stat set like this as opposed to trying to cool it down all at once (my company owns an hvac company as well, ya learn all sorts of things like this).

• /sigh

Since I only have a little window unit in the living room, my apt is ALWAY hot. I end up jumping into a cold shower and staying in there for quite some time. Sometimes, multiple times per night (like last night!).

I then have a little squirt bottle of water that i spray into the fan at me. Did I mention I HATE the heat?!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

shorts, tank tops, turn on the A/C and fan and just lay there. Ice cream and popsicles are a bonus
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Ok, I am so jelous!! here in Butte Montana its a lovely 67 degree;'s! high for the day 78 Yeah right! in helena its 86 today! we here in Butte get the worst weather, tons of snow and cold cold temps. If it reached 86 degree's I would think we were in a heat wave! How do I cool off " no its how do I warm up LOL!!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Ok, I am so jelous!! here in Butte Montana its a lovely 67 degree;'s! high for the day 78 Yeah right! in helena its 86 today! we here in Butte get the worst weather, tons of snow and cold cold temps. If it reached 86 degree's I would think we were in a heat wave! How do I cool off " no its how do I warm up LOL!!
    I'm bitterly and insanely jealous of you right now. 67 degrees sounds like paradise, Hakuna Makarla.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I try not to go outside. I Bring my lunch so I don't have to go out in the heat to drive to get lunch. The house is always cool. When the fans aren't on, we have ceiling fans going to keep the air flow going. The only thing worse than hot air is hot stagnant air.

We have had to reacclimate ourselves to the heat after living in Colorado. We went from keeping the thermostat at a constant 71 degrees to being able to survive with 75-76 degrees. Hopefully by next summer, we will be able to set the thermostat a bit higher.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

I love the heat. I lived in cold weather for 20 years (Minnesota and Montana) so I'm done with cold. I appreciate every moment that I'm sweating. If it's truly hot, I'll wear a skirt and tank top. Even in the 90's usually I'm wearing jeans.

My house has no air conditioning but we get a good breeze through the house if I open the front door and a window in the back. Other than that, cold beverages and relaxing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Hooterville, USA

I just think "happy thoughts".

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• That's Hawt

It's beautiful here right now ... 72 degrees ... PERFECT! But it gets downright cold at night (we're averaging 34 degrees) I think the hottest its been this summer was 92 for like a day or two!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

I just looked and its 81 in the house. Apparently it doesn't get hot enough here to put A/C in the housing units (military thing!) I am in shorts and a tank top and drinking lots of cold water, and have all the doors and windows open!
    Other than that, as little exertion as possible!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I'm bitterly and insanely jealous of you right now. 67 degrees sounds like paradise, Hakuna Makarla.
    LOL! and I am so jelous of you ! its so cold here in montana that you get old fast. arthritis sets in and you are looking 70 by the time you hit 40. you got it made in the shade with nice weather

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    LOL! and I am so jelous of you ! its so cold here in montana that you get old fast. arthritis sets in and you are looking 70 by the time you hit 40. you got it made in the shade with nice weather
    Right!!! Jealous of 100+ temps?? I'm just happy this week is only hitting 90s. I keep the AC at 82 during the time we are gone, but have it set so that 30 mins before we get home, it drops to 78. And fans in all rooms helps with the electric bills.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• For old time sake

I have no ac in my house except for a wall unit in the bedroom. I have the ceiling fan on. I have to be careful with the kitchen window cause a certain little someone has learned how to push it out to escape into the patio.....
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• So!

I have fans, two fans, and windows open.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast