Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Angry I am sick of the "ARUBA" case on the news!!!!!

I do not know about anyone else, but i am sick of hearing about the natalie Holloway case in Aruba! It is stupid and pointless now! To me the outlook looks grim (if you know what I mean). Gretchen Van sustren also bothers me since this is the main thing she talks about on Fox News!!! I laughed at her the other day because she said "You know when this thing first started, the Arubans welcomed us with open arms. Now they want us to leave." Maybe this might be a reason why they want you to leave Gretchen, THEY HATE THE BAD PUBLICITY AND THE CASE HAS DRAWN ON TOO LONG IN THE NEWS AND IS BLAND AND POINTLESS!!!! Isn't there anything else these news reporters can do?

• Banned User

Re: I am sick of the "ARUBA" case on the news!!!!!

well yes and no, if this was my beautiful daughter ( put your selves in mom and dads place) not enough could be said or done. I am sad for the family and for what she may have become! Prayers to the family of this young girl !

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    well yes and no, if this was my beautiful daughter ( put your selves in mom and dads place) not enough could be said or done. I am sad for the family and for what she may have become! Prayers to the family of this young girl !

I agree with you on the parents perspective. But do we, the public, need to be dragged into their personal problems?

• Banned User

I agree with you on the parents perspective. But do we, the public, need to be dragged into their personal problems?

No, but if your child is missing you will no doubt want every news channel in the world to know so some one can help in finding them.

Say, did they ever find her body?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

No, but if your child is missing you will no doubt want every news channel in the world to know so some one can help in finding them.

Say, did they ever find her body?

I don't think they have yet but eventually, if she was not traded off as a slave, they will unfortunately.
    To me, it is one thing to have the news talk about it for a few days, but another for them to talk about it 50 days straight! I mean there are times when they just talk about the same things they talked about the day before because no new evidence has surfaced....That is what bothers me....When they just repeat what they said the day before...

What bugged me even more was the Dateline spin on it- that only white missing women are given the national spotlight. It made my stomach turn watching the intro to that show- which is why I changed the channel. Seriously, I can only think of 5 missing persons cases that made national news in the last few years, so for this family to come on NBC and say the only reason that THEIR daughter's case isn't on CNN is because she is black...C'MON already!

Only the stories with a real twist show up on the national news- the pregnant woman who dissappears for Christmas (didn't really get national until Scott's affair became public), the one having an affair with a congressman, the really rich blonde teens, who's parents pretty much buy the coverage. (and don't forget Elizabeth Smart WAS found!)
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• no flash photography...

I'm getting tired of it too.....airing on all usa channels will not help mich...unless someone was in aruba and at that bar when it happened.....odds are it won;t hlep at all. the crime did not happen here. There;s also the one about the newly wed husband missing from the cruise ship. The ship came into port with blood on the side of it, but nobody knows what happened to hi,....well, I can hazard a a guess....

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Minion

Tui, that was so wrong, that it's amazing.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

beautiful isn't it?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• My cuties!

Tui, I just don't know how to respond to that..........

• Circle of Ancients

DisneyWrassler....I am saying this in the nicest way....I do not think it is stupid and pointless now. If that were my loved one I would want to remind people daily (or maybe inform someone of the case for the first time if he/she had been out of the loop) for two reasons. One, there's a good possibilty that she may still be alive somewhere and someone who may have seen her and not known who she was will report her whereabouts). And two, there is a lot to be said for the power of prayer especially if more people are praying for the same cause.

As to whether the public needs to be dragged into the parents' problem or not, I think it's like any problem or cause ....you can choose whether to care about it or not....I happen to care. And you can certainly change the channel if you don't care.

But I agree with you that the reporters don't need to give the story 50 hours of air time whenever the story airs... 5-10 minutes would probably be enough.

iheartdisney....I hate to say it but I think statstically it is true that some cases receive more national attention than others. There was a black pregnant woman who went missing right about the same time as Laci Peterson and turned up dead , but I just now read about it in People magazine for the first time today.

SCUBAbe...I think the story opens up lines of communication between adults and teens....I'd be telling female teens who are young and innocent and just getting into drinking for the first time to be very very careful and not ever let their drink out of their sight or hand for that matter and to never trust that someone wouldn't spike it with some kind of drug.

Tui...that shirt is the worst thing I've ever seen. I guess I'm just not into humor that makes fun of the worst pain a parent could possibly experience. I hope Natalie's parents never see that.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Well, having worked in news, they say "if it bleeds, it leads". Sadly, the news producers gobble this stuff up, because the public buys into the "drama" of it all. Even more sad, I worked with one producer who actually got *upset* that there were no deaths or massive injuries to report on one evening. She literally yelled and screamed all the way through the newsroom, telling reporters to keep "looking for fatalities".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tui

That is very strange.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 08-27-2005 at 06:38 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wilema
    But I agree with you that the reporters don't need to give the story 50 hours of air time whenever the story airs... 5-10 minutes would probably be enough.
    Now that is exactly what I am saying. You hit it right on the nail Wilma. I would be interested in the case if they aired it for atleast 5-10 minutes but constant non-stop coverage just makes me turn th echannel hoping the something else will be on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast