Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Jobs you don't want, but need to be done...

What are some jobs that you don't want to have a career in, but need to be done?

The number one job I don't want to have as a career is that of a Coroner. They deserve respect in my opinion because of everything they have to deal with in regards to the deceased and breaking the news to their loved ones.

I don't know how they can do their job everyday. I honestly don't. But I guess after having years of experience, they probably mentally develop a way of distracting them emotionally from the issue.

Another job I don't want to have a career in is that of a plumber. 'Nuff said.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Jobs you don't want, but need to be done...

A lot of times it's an RN who delivers that news to people, not the coroner.

Anyone who works in a slaughter house.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Good point, but the coroner still has a huge involvement in dealing with the sad families, especially when it revolves around obtaining autopsy reports. It's gotta be hard for them to avoid any emotional attachments to the families or victims.

I haven't been to slaughter houses, but have been to farms that ship their animals off to slaughter. Even saw some chickens get their neck wrung. Has to be done though so that we don't get any diseased meats put on our plates.

• Goofy

grocerys for me because the opportunities are decent to move up in the company, but sometimes you have to put up with some ridicoulus things at work. But that is part of life.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Tell me about it Rex. I've been working at a grocery store for over a year now and can tell you a lot of stories .

• Goofy

So do you like working in a grocery store?

I know. the managers get ridicoulus when it comes to cleaning the stock room. and sweeping. its kinda dumb.

Sometimes I feel I need a new job. Im kinda shy when it comes to the public.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

It's not too bad. I love being there though because my A.M. is my best friend, I get along with everybody, I love talking with our regular customers and joking around with our vendors. BUT then there are the customers who come in and steal, cause trouble, do sick things to our bathrooms, try to scam us like were idiots, you name it, I've seen it.

I have learned something though. the customers like to give out too much information! Information we do not need to know. One customer called saying that a guy picked up the wrong skin lubrication to treat all the open sores on her body and that she was going to come in and get it her self. Sure enough, 30 minutes later, here comes in a woman, thankfully with all her sores covered up, to get the Neosporin. After i rang her up, I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I don't want to know why she had sores, I wish she never even told us she had sores!

One lady came into work with her baby. She said her baby just got out of the hospital because it was being treated for a highly contagious skin virus! Here this baby was less than a foot from me with a highly contagious skin virus!! I washed my hands after that also.

Then another woman came in getting the adult diapers. She told us her husband needed a certain size because his package was to big!

Another woman came in and said that she had to get an enema for her husband because he had bowel movement problems.

Honestly, I learned not to care to much about why customers are buying certain things anymore. I simply don't want to know!

Two weeks ago, my A.M. got cussed out by a customer who was trying to scam her, but she wasn't dumb enough to fall for it. The customer had switched sticker prices on a product and the product rang up it's normal price. The customer said the sticker that was on the product was suppost to be cheaper. So the A.M. had to call the D.M. and he told her to give the arrogant customer the product for cheaper.

I told the A.M. she shouldn't have called the D.M., but the police instead.

OH! Get this funny story! We sell canned cat food for about 30 cents a can. SO this guy comes in and buys a $5 box of Cat Litter and attempts to shoplift the 30 cent can! What the?!?!?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    So do you like working in a grocery store?

I know. the managers get ridicoulus when it comes to cleaning the stock room. and sweeping. its kinda dumb.
    That's a health code issue. You don't want to be inviting little critters into your stock room for snacks!

I would never want to be a dentist. That creeps me out for some reason.
    A signature should go here.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Shoveling cow pies. No thank you.

• Animation Domination

garbage men that is a very gross and dirty job.

• Oo-de-lally

I would have to say a janitor. Any janitorial job weather it is at Disneyland, a school, hospital, etc. I have tons of respect for them because they really do have a nasty job. I have seen some horrific images inside of public bathrooms. And I always think to myself "man I feel bad for the guy who has to clean this mess". My hat goes off to all you janitors out there.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    It's not too bad. I love being there though because my A.M. is my best friend, I get along with everybody, I love talking with our regular customers and joking around with our vendors. BUT then there are the customers who come in and steal, cause trouble, do sick things to our bathrooms, try to scam us like were idiots, you name it, I've seen it.

I have learned something though. the customers like to give out too much information! Information we do not need to know. One customer called saying that a guy picked up the wrong skin lubrication to treat all the open sores on her body and that she was going to come in and get it her self. Sure enough, 30 minutes later, here comes in a woman, thankfully with all her sores covered up, to get the Neosporin. After i rang her up, I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I don't want to know why she had sores, I wish she never even told us she had sores!

One lady came into work with her baby. She said her baby just got out of the hospital because it was being treated for a highly contagious skin virus! Here this baby was less than a foot from me with a highly contagious skin virus!! I washed my hands after that also.

Then another woman came in getting the adult diapers. She told us her husband needed a certain size because his package was to big!

Another woman came in and said that she had to get an enema for her husband because he had bowel movement problems.

Honestly, I learned not to care to much about why customers are buying certain things anymore. I simply don't want to know!

Two weeks ago, my A.M. got cussed out by a customer who was trying to scam her, but she wasn't dumb enough to fall for it. The customer had switched sticker prices on a product and the product rang up it's normal price. The customer said the sticker that was on the product was suppost to be cheaper. So the A.M. had to call the D.M. and he told her to give the arrogant customer the product for cheaper.

I told the A.M. she shouldn't have called the D.M., but the police instead.

OH! Get this funny story! We sell canned cat food for about 30 cents a can. SO this guy comes in and buys a $5 box of Cat Litter and attempts to shoplift the 30 cent can! What the?!?!?

wow. great stories. I really enjoyed them reading them. what store do you work for?

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    garbage men that is a very gross and dirty job.

Hey these guys get 18 dollars. thats not bad at all. even though is nasty.

• Minion

Blog Entries

animal carcus removal technician.

idk if that's the real job title, but i nearly swerved off the road when i saw these guys loading up a very dead cow....

I also wouldn't want to work at a male donations bank, you know what i'm talking about....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    wow. great stories. I really enjoyed them reading them. what store do you work for?
    It's actually a small chain store. But I should probably withold the name just incase any of the higher ups are MiceChat readers .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast