Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Dos anyone else have family or friends in Biloxi or New Orleans

If so , I am wondering if anyone has been able to get hold of them yet and how?

My brother, his wife and two kids live about 5 minutes inland in Biloxi and I am so worried about them. I saw one picture on the news that looked exactly like their neighborhood and it was smashed to smithereens. I am hoping that they were able to get to one of the shelters on time.

For anyone else who has family and/or friends there, I hope they are okay too!!

• Banned User

Re: Dos anyone else have family or friends in Biloxi or New Orleans

I have a cousin who lives between baton Rouge and new Orleans. She is doing fine. we prayed so hard, and they did well and all is well on there land. They even got power today. I will be praying today for those unfortunate people who are struggling , and my prayer is they get to where they need to in order to be safe and dry,and that they will get on there feet as soon as possible. I am so sad for those who were hit by this and are suffering. **Karla

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wilema
    If so , I am wondering if anyone has been able to get hold of them yet and how?

My brother, his wife and two kids live about 5 minutes inland in Biloxi and I am so worried about them. I saw one picture on the news that looked exactly like their neighborhood and it was smashed to smithereens. I am hoping that they were able to get to one of the shelters on time.

For anyone else who has family and/or friends there, I hope they are okay too!!
    I am so sorry and will be praying for them to be well, This is truly a tragic thing to happen. Please, keep us posted on how they are when you do hear from them ok wilema

My cousin lives about 2 miles off the water in Gulfport, but she evacuated to Macomb, GA, so they are OK. But looking at how high the storm surge was, I don't have warm fuzzies about their apartment. Luckily, they were NOT in the apartment building that decided to ride it out there!
    But the great thing is, property can be replaced.
    I hope everyone else the best.
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Smells like beer

My Ex-girlfriend lives in Mobile, Alabama. I heard Mobile didn't get hit that bad, though.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I don't have any friends or relatives in that area. For those with loved ones in the area, my hope that they are all safe and secure.

• That Guy

You lost me at, "Does anyone have friends."

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

We have family (my extended in-law's) all around New Orleans, all South some as far South as Buras and nobody has heard from any of them yet. I'm certain they got out of there before the storms hit, but you never know. We aren't close to any of them, don't talk to them and only keep up through my MIL but at times like this, you tend to keep them in your thoughts more. My MIL is really worried about her father's grave still being there, chances are so slim.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Earth Intruder

I've gotten a hold of a few of my friends from New Orleans (I lived in NO last year) but most of them are unreachable right now. Sucks bigtime.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

My friend and her family finally made it to a hotel so she has some Internet access, so she was able to update us that way. Thankfully... I was worried.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I Hug My Tapirs

A good friend of mine from high school goes to UNO, and just last week moved back down to school. He has (had? ) a loft on the NE side of the French Quarter, but who knows if it's still intact...
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

My almost daughter , she grew up with mine , and her hubby live in New Orleans the left on Sat and headed to Texas and up to Kansas, phones including cells within the ravaged area codes are not working. He hubby is pre med at Tulane and she teachs at a high school in LA. close to New Orleans. Tulane is part under water, the high school is under water, they left with only one of their 2 vehicles, the dog the can and the rabbit, computer, important papers and wedding album ( newleyweds) they have no idea what their condo looks like but think is severley damgaged, or what came of the vehicle they left nor care ...she has her hubby, her animals and her pictures! They have been informed it may 4-6 weeks before they can re enter the area so they are heading to Ca to family. They know they are the lucky ones , they got out in time, they are young , and have family and loved ones who will support them thru this catastophe and along with them my hearts go out to all those who are suffering and homeless. I know she is very worried about her students since she teaches in a high school in the low income area where parents are no shows for back to school night , and has had students loose parents to violence.

• Minion

my family lives all along the gulf, mainly in alabama, ivan got them last year and katrina took my aunt's house in biloxi. thankfully no one is injured and everyone is safe and dry. in fact, my mother was able to call me today. they have no electricty(they have a small generator) and no drinking water, but they got a paper delivered...weird since all the roads out of their development are washed out!
    however my ex-best friends parents ,whom i still am friendly with, live in new orleans. no one has heard from them, but i knew they were evacuating, so hopefully they will turn up soon.
    please be afraid.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

So what do you think of all the looting going on around there? Is it right or no?

• insufferable know-it-all

That's a toughie.

Given the situation, I'm hard-pressed to blame anyone for getting food from the Market. They desperately need it, and it's not like there's a place open they can go buy food from.

Everything else is just plain wrong - like what are these people going to do with flooded tvs and no electricity anyway? Just flat-out stealing there.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast