Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

I didn't even get an interview-

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with my resume earlier this month-

Turns out I am not even going to get a chance at it- and I don't know why. They don't bother to notify people who are not getting a chance- and my manager is out today and he did not send an email or anything for me. So I got blind sided today when I went to ask the other Denver trainer what he had heard- and he told me they were doing the presentations today.

So....poof goes that idea......I am trying to look at this from a positive point of view. I get to keep my Tuesdays off and I can go back to school like I planned. But I am angry...because this is not the first time I have been through this with this company. I am surprised because I find it impossible to believe that the people interviewing all have more extensive training experience.

I guess the bottom line is that I think the way they handle it is unprofessional- always has been. I am happy that I get to keep my schedule and get to go back to school- and I will wait to talk to my manager to get the answer as to why. Weak resume? Missing experience? I was really ticked off because I rushed to get it in (we had a short deadline) and then they extended it AFTER I had put it in, had I had more time I could have done a better job....

Oh well- anyway, thanks again...I am just feeling blue now, really unmotivated and a little lost....
    Last edited by Nephythys; 08-31-2005 at 07:54 AM.

• See what I got?

Re: I didn't even get an interview-

That stinks!

• That Guy

www.monster.com

It could be time to move on to a different company that will fully appreciate your talents.

Sorry this didn't work out, but remember, it isn't about you, it could be the bossís kid that got the job or some other shady arrangement. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong!

Take care, and keep your chin up, unless you are at a dog park, then by all means look down and watch where you are walking.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sorry it didn't work out as you planned
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Good luck in the future!

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Oh well- anyway, thanks again...I am just feeling blue now, really unmotivated and a little lost....
    Bummer. I feel bad for you. It sounds like you have a healthy perspective on the whole thing. Max may have the right answer - moving on. Good luck in whatever you decide.

• no flash photography...

my old company pulled that with me. I applied for a position and they interviewed everyone who applied except for 2 of us. I asked why we didn't at least egt to interview and they responded, "we already know what you would say." ....needless to say I no longer work there...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Nephy - That's a real buzzkill, honey. I'm sorry to hear it. Please don't let this discourage you! And seriously, check out Monster.com! You'll be glad you did.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

That does suck!! I agree they are being very unprofessional. But I've also always felt that everything happens for a reason. Maybe you didn't get this because you are destined for something better. About 3 years ago I had to leave a school I worked at for over 16 years because of personality conflicts with 3 different people. I spent the entire summer interviewing for every single position I was remotely qualified for. The day before school started, I got hired for the job I have now. I am soooooo much happier where I am now, and concluded I didn't get any of those other jobs because I wasn't suspose to. Where I am is where I'm suspose to be. Maybe it will be like that for you too. Don't give up, hold on to tomorrow and know that when the time is right something will open up for you!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• e komo mai

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

• Original Mice-Chatter

You guys are great- thanks
    I was at a jewelry party last night with several co-workers and I learned many interesting things-
    One woman who used to work as a trainer said she did not even apply because she got the impression that they had already picked who they wanted and the interviews were bogus. She, like me, was stunned to see that they were interviewing people who had been here less than a year. It is company policy that you have to have been in your current position for a year unless you get an exemption from your manager- well, this manager sent 2 or 3 people who she had to exempt from that rule. They all got interviews- over someone like me who has over 5 years of experience in this company?

There were a couple others there who felt the same as I did- that something was haywire in the way they did this and that it made no sense. I am hoping my manager is in today so he can tell me why in the world I did not even qualify for an interview-though I am grateful now. I would not want to work with those people any longer.

I got this job through my resume on Monster- and yeah, I am thinking of taking my newly updated resume, polish it off, and send it back in to Monster and see what comes my way.

• Original Mice-Chatter

one more thing- I just spoke to my manager. He knows nothing about why I did not get an interview. They are supposed to ask for feedback from the manager before doing an interview- they never contacted him. They have still not contacted him even after the fact.

I am beginning to think they are either cruelly inept, or my application got screwed up in the online process. I got a confirm- it thanked me for doing the application- but maybe it did not even make it in.

• Banned User

I am so sorry you did not get an interview. I am sorry I did not know before hand or I could have been praying. I know that it hurts and I am sad for you in this respect but I know things will be better and I will continue to pray that it does real soon. Be blessed **Karla

• My cuties!

Sorry you didn't get an interview -- must be a "sign" to change jobs! The whole thing sure sounds fishy!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Interesting update-

on 8/11 I began the process of submitting the resume online, but I closed it before it was done.
    on 8/12 I finished the profile- and submitted it

On 8/11 someone in HR got the blank profile- and even notified the people making the decision that they had this blank profile.

The application window was open til 8/23- I thought mine was in- not once did these two people contact me to see what had happened with the profile.

Today- my manager gets an email. The HR person forwarded him the email she sent the other two on 8/11 regarding my blank profile. Her comment was that now my profile was updated (yeah, on 8/12) and they could still review it.

My manager is contacting them today- and he is going to let them know that I completed the application on 8/12 and ask them what they are going to do- I am in CO and they are in MO- but maybe something can still be done. I fail to see how they can't attempt to make this right. I am a qualified applicant who got their resume on file in time- the system they used is a mess......and they did not follow up.

So- we shall see. I am going to try to be prepared either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast