Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donations...

• My cuties!

Donations...

I made a donation to the Red Cross for hurricane relief. It is only a minimum of $5 -- less than a couple of mochas from Starbucks or a movie ticket; every bit will help! I hope more Mice Chatters can donate to!

Red Cross website

• Mentat

Disaster

OK, I don't know if anyone has posted on this yet-- and I don't care. I think it wouldn't just be trendy to give some dough to these poor people, I think it is the right thing to do.

Here's what we should accomplish:

1) Define a charity that will give at least 85% of contributions to the cause.
    2) EVERY donor must be totally anonymous. No exceptions.
    3) We need a way to legitimatley track contributions and distribute them.

I propose that myself and two other trusted individuals track the funds in a total balance. I would like some others to investigate possible charities and recommend, publicly, who would be a good choice.

I would also like to see the administrators of this site allow users to donate annonymously to this fund via Pay Pal Honor System. These funds should be conveyed in thier entirety (less Pay Pay service charges) to an established bank account by the three people mentioned above. I would like to see AL LUTZ, KEVIN YEE, and IAN PARKINSON involved on some level.

C'mon, this is the biggest disaster (cash wise for SURE) that has hit the USA in a very long time. We should help-- it will get worse.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Konczak
    Last edited by cbkonczak; 08-31-2005 at 08:26 PM.

• That's Hawt

Re: Donations...

I have donated ... I wish I could have donated more but my CC is maxed ... Beyond that, I may actually be going to New Orleans with the Reno Red Cross ... I find out tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• My cuties!

Good for you!!! Please be safe if you do go!

• Disneyland 1st, then food

Am I the only one pissed that our gov't didn't do a better job of evacuating people before this hit? They should have had the buses ready before and moved people earlier, especially because they thought it was a cat. 5

I just feel so bad for all the people that are suffering right now. Donating is about all I can do.

• My cuties!

Re: Disaster

We are thinking along the same lines -- I just made a post about donating to the Red Cross. I don't know the percentage of the donations that go to the cause, though.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

The problem is that no one in the area, including the mayor, took the threat seriously. A hurricaine has never hit them before, so they didn't expect this one to.

Evacuation is a big pain and its expensive to do. If they had made a big deal out of it and the hurricaine had dissapated, you would have had a lot of angry people complaining that their time and money was wasted for no good reason.

I think they did the best they could under the circumstances and I will definitely contribute! Thanks for the link TM!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Mentat

Re: Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    We are thinking along the same lines -- I just made a post about donating to the Red Cross. I don't know the percentage of the donations that go to the cause, though.
    I honestly have no idea either. There have to be some MC users who are more versed on this sort of thing than us. Let's see. In the mean time, maybe you could act as one of the 3 trustees I proposed?

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

They were collecting $$$ at both the Angel's & Dodger's stadiums. the wedsite or your local redcross will take donations. I asked if they needed blood yet and they do so I gave them that too.
    Many churches and charities are also looking for clothing, housewares and toys to be since once things get more organized. I am already checking my closets. it might be a good thing to do with kids as a back to school activity.

Don't forget good thoughts and prayers
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by luvindsnylnd
    Am I the only one pissed that our gov't didn't do a better job of evacuating people before this hit? They should have had the buses ready before and moved people earlier, especially because they thought it was a cat. 5

I just feel so bad for all the people that are suffering right now. Donating is about all I can do.
    HONESTLY, bummer...but let's not blame anyone, let's do something good and rewarding.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MiceMan again.

MM, you just continue to amaze me, money is one thing but jumpin in for the cause is pretty spectacular!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

www.networkforgood.org <<<< you can give to one or more of MANY organizations, Red Cross, Catholic Charities, and MANY MANY OTHERS!

Give ANYTHING you can! PLEASE!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    www.networkforgood.org <<<< you can give to one or more of MANY organizations, Red Cross, Catholic Charities, and MANY MANY OTHERS!

Give ANYTHING you can! PLEASE!
    Just sent them an e-mail inquiring about monetary distributions (% cost)... let' see if they are a cool as they look. any other ideas?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

My friend works at Lamar College in Beamount TX. Currently there are 1000 evacuees (with more on their way) in her town. They are living out of their cars. Her school is organizing a gift card fundraiser to help get the people the basic items they need to survive. She said they're expecting the people might be there for awhile. I'll be donating a few cards.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

I will be calling the red cross in my erea to see where we give clothing, and needed items like tooth brushes soap and other much needed supplies. also if we give cash locally or thru the national red cross. Thank you for that link !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast