View Poll Results: How many times did you take your Road Test?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never taken one

5 13.51%
  • I've taken at least one but haven't passed yet

1 2.70%
  • Passed on the 1st try

24 64.86%
  • Passed on the 2nd try

4 10.81%
  • Passed on the 3rd try

2 5.41%
  • Passed...but took more than 3 tries

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Road Test: How many times?

Since I love making polls , how many times did you need to take the road test before you passed?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Road Test: How many times?

First try. Also got 100% on the written.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• That's Hawt

I passed the road test on the first try. I got dinged three points on the road test and four on the written ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disney Memory Maker

I personally have not passed it yet. I go for my 3rd attempt in October.

(Also, a poll part has been added)

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• /sigh

Passed on the first try. I didn't even have to go on the fwy! Got dinged for going 30 in a 25 mph zone, though.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Passed with a 100% on the written...was docked 2 points for not looking in the rear view mirror while parallel parking...( I had not practiced Parallel parking, so the first time I ever did Parallel parking was during my test...Yikes!!!)
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Silly me

In a castle far away from Cali....sad I know

I had to take the written twice, but passed the driving the first time.
    Back to school back to school, to prove to dad I’m not a fool I have my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight I hope I don’t get in a fight oh back to school....

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

In my defense, I did everything perfect except for the parallel parking!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• behind the curtain

If I had missed one more point on the written, I would have failed, but I managed to pass the first try. Driving... well I was lucky on that one too. The man gave me about ten tries to back up in a straight line and I finally got it. Driving is not my forte...

• Just Me

I knew I had passed when the tester's first comment was about the car having a/c. He was very pleased. My Grandma drove up from Fulerton just so that I could use her car which had automatic transmission and was only about 6 ft long. Instead of taking the test in town we went out to Arvin. This way I didn't have to deal with traffic and one-way streets.

The best part was that I got a better written and driving score than my older "perfect" sister.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I had it easy here in AZ. If you took Defensive Driving as an elective in high school, then went and got your learners permit (which is written and I passed 1st try), then you could sign up for a "Behind the Wheel" where you drive with an instructor for six half hour sessions. If you passed then on your sixteenth birthday you just filled out the paperwork and received your license. So technically I've never taken the test, and that was 20 years ago. Did I say 20 years ago? Wow!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Disney Memory Maker

I find parts of the road test dumb. Two of my friends got there license and literally a week after the road test they got into an accident (and for one of them, it was because she went to pick something up while she was driving). Half the people in the road I wonder how they got their license. I also find no use in the parallel parking test (if they want to test parking, it should be in a parking lot in a regular space). Unless you live in the city, your not going to be doing a lot of Parallel parking (and if you do, it would be in between two cars and if you hit the curb you'd be able to try again).

• R.I.P. Mandy

Never taken one. I'm a driving phobe.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Passed the first time. But then the town I lived in didn't even have a traffic light at that time and only 3000 people lived there so its not like I had any traffic to deal with.

Then again... come to think about it I don't think I've ever actually taken a behind the wheel test. I took drivers ed in high school and I remember going to the court house wtih two friends and the sheriff looked up my papers and looked at me and asked, "Are you sure you passed?" (Drivers ed class) Then he handed me my licence.

Like I said... real small town.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Don't remember my scores except that I passed. I had all the training in the world, so I'd better! I had the standard classroom driver's ed, plus a few hours of the 'behind the wheel' which was nearly useless. Then my dad taught me how to actually drive, then he prepped me for "what you actually need to pass the test". I even practiced parrallel parking. I didn't do as well on the test because I had to pull forward a bit and make one last adjustment. I don't think the tester liked me. Whatever. I passed. My mom made me use her car to take the test instead of my dad's car, where I learned. She thought the manual transmission would be too stresful for the test. Not likely.

That was ... 19 years ago. I got my licence in the spring. I turned 16 in the middle of winter but my folks didn't want new-driver me driving in the snow. I got to drive under supervision which was something.

Of course, in the winter dad took me out on the frozen lake to practice driving in slippery conditions. Great fun. They actually plow roads in the snow on the lakes... how funny is that? The evening news gives updates of how thick the ice is and when it's safe to walk on it, or when it's safe to drive on it.

Of course, looking at the drivers lately, I wonder if there's a maximum IQ level to be allowed on the roads. They just haven't tested me yet.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast