Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Fats Domino missing

Makes me wonder which other New Orleans celebs are missing/found.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9159941/

I'm trying to think of which other celebs live there. Anne Rice lives in the garden district, I don't know if that's high ground or low ground, or whether she's been accounted for. I'm sure there are many many others though!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Re: Fats Domino missing

Wow, I hope he is found and is alright!! Prayers for all those still in harms way!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• Gay Man

Well, he did not evacuate after being told to. I hope he is found, but I also hope the message becomes clear that, whe you are told to evaculat, you evacuate! The people who made the choice to stay are now causing even more headaches in an already dire situation.

• insufferable know-it-all

I think that message is already loud and clear. Every time they show people stranded on overpasses dying.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Doing it with a flair

Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• All? NO, ALL!

Cool. Since he recorded what is believed to be the first rock 'n' roll record, that makes him the world's first rock star, right?

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Glad he is found, praying the rest of his family is found also. To leave or not is a hard decision :for some its a fate already written ( the poor with no car, money, or family some probably have never seen the outside of the city, Texas misewell be a foreign land, the homeless who may not be familar with the land 2 blocks away) Others its history! Generations upon generation familiarity .... young adults? remember being invulnerable ...nothing could happen to you ... your stong and invinceable no harm will come your way, you can ride it out and prevail. We can never judge others motivation or lack of it for things that are unseen to others. My heart goes out to those who left not knowing what they have left if anything, and wont know for a long time, my heart goes out to those who did not have the wisdom or life experience to leave , my heart goes out to those who did not have the resources to leave, my heart goes out to those who chose to stay, I am sure their reasoning made perfect sense to them.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

John Goodman and his family have lived in the NOLA area for years. Trent Reznor still has a gorgeous house in the Garden District, not far from the Manning's (Archie , a former Saints quarterback and dad to Peyton & Eli)family home
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

For the most part the Celebs are, of course, in better parts of town. Most all of the the most severe areas are extremely impovershed.

MR. Domino ( ) was with his extened family in a low lying area. I am happy for him and his family, and hope many more of the missing will be found alive, and hopefully as well as can be expected.

I heard NOLA Native Harry Connick Jr. has given $2 Million??? God Bless him.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan

I heard NOLA Native Harry Connick Jr. has given $2 Million??? God Bless him.
    And will continue raising more money this evening on NBC at 8pm along with fellow NO musician Winton Marsallis, Louisiana residents Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, as well as several other musicians anbd stars who will be asking for our donations. As I understand it was Harry himself who went to NBC begging to do something.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Well, he did not evacuate after being told to. I hope he is found, but I also hope the message becomes clear that, whe you are told to evaculat, you evacuate! The people who made the choice to stay are now causing even more headaches in an already dire situation.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? I'm sure many more people would have left had they known ahead of time that this is what would happen, but they didn't. Sure there are a lot of reasons people don't leave during these evacuations including the previously mentioned socioeconomic ones. There is also the fact that many have lived along this coast for many years, and are cautious about immediately dropping everything and running. We go through Hurricane season every year, and if we ran away every time a storm came near we'd be living in constant chaos. Sure this was big, but this was the worst case scenario that happened here, and few if any actually expect the worst case to happen. Go through the process yourself of constantly monitering storm paths, wondering if you should go or stay, and you might view things a little differently.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? I'm sure many more people would have left had they known ahead of time that this is what would happen, but they didn't. Sure there are a lot of reasons people don't leave during these evacuations including the previously mentioned socioeconomic ones. There is also the fact that many have lived along this coast for many years, and are cautious about immediately dropping everything and running. We go through Hurricane season every year, and if we ran away every time a storm came near we'd be living in constant chaos. Sure this was big, but this was the worst case scenario that happened here, and few if any actually expect the worst case to happen. Go through the process yourself of constantly monitering storm paths, wondering if you should go or stay, and you might view things a little differently.

See, I don't see it that way. I would go- if it hit, I was safe, if it didn't I could go home.....but I would not dare to guess in this sort of event.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    See, I don't see it that way. I would go- if it hit, I was safe, if it didn't I could go home.....but I would not dare to guess in this sort of event.
    go through that guessing game enough times and see if you feel the same.

• Gay Man

Well, when a Cat 4 is heading my way and the authorities are tell me to evacuate, I think I'd probably listen to those in charge - especially in a city so vunerable as NOLA.

We do Earthquake Preparadness all of the time. In 43 years, I have never experienced a truely widespread earthqauke. I still prepare, because I know it could happen without warning.

I just hate to see a city so under siege when some of it could've been averted. The disease, steming from sewage and dead bodies, that will be infecting the city as time goes on may kill even more than the hurricane did.

Excuses aren't even nice in hindsite.

• Circle of Ancients

You know I was trying to explain this to some people and hopefully it will make sense. Many of us live on a major fault line here in CA and have been told that when the big one hits we're probably going to end up in the ocean and the central valley will be the new coastline. That doesn't cause any of us to want to move out of the area because we love it here. As for being told to evacuate and not thinking they'd need to, I don't know that I'd evacuate if I was told there was going to be a big earthquake in Lake Tahoe when I live closer to San Francisco.

The people in Mississippi thought the eye of the storm was going to hit Lousiana so they prepared for the storm the same way they've prepared for every other storm that they thought they would only get the aftermath of rather than the eye. This one just hit a lot harder and in a different spot than they expected.The same thing could happen if a big earthquake hit somewhere here in CA where we didn't expect it to hit so hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast