• Minion

please! Help those who have need for it because of Katrina

And I am here to plead with you to please do what you can to help those effected by this damn Katrina. If you live in Texas like my beloved, go and help out at the domes, donate food, water money anything you can. If you live far away like me here in CA, ask your school to start collecting donations to give to the red cross, ask your work place, local markets and anywhere that is willing to help out. I know I sound like an WWII Victory girl ( if you know your history you'll get that) but people really need your help. I know the gas prices suck, and I know everyone has things they need to do, but just a few bucks, a few mins out of your time can help.

People are getting killed, rapped, looted, and killing themselves.

We the people of America, can help others, let's help ourselves this time.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: please! Help those who have need for it because of Katrina

Just a note to anyone making donations: try to make them to the charity themselves. Unless you know the person or website very well, try to avoid sites that will give their money to charity. Why for? A lot of the times, these sites are scams and your money won't go to the charity. (Especially Ebay Auctions)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Don't forget to give blood if you can!!

And if you want to go there to help in person, call your local Red Cross and sign up for their emegency classes.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

-----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Disney Memory Maker

These links are official:
    1) Salvation Army: Donate*
    2) Salvation Army: Volunteer
    3) Red Cross: Donate (money)
    4) Red Cross: Donate Blood- 1-800-GIVE-LIFE
    *Note: The Salvation Army is not accepting anything else besides money
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

Thanks guys! Again I ask everyone to help any way they can people need you
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Just a note to anyone making donations: try to make them to the charity themselves. Unless you know the person or website very well, try to avoid sites that will give their money to charity. Why for? A lot of the times, these sites are scams and your money won't go to the charity. (Especially Ebay Auctions)
    Yes...the Red Cross is always a safe bet. I'm starting a campus-wide fundraiser at my school and I think we will go with them.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Disney Memory Maker

Also, if you can't donate or volenteer, there's always one thing they are always in need of...prayers. So if you are religious (even in the least bit), pray for them.

-Michael

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

I own a boutique, Im going to have an event next week where 20% of all purchases will be dontated to the Red Cross Hurricane fund...I may start it today, but i wont be able to get an ad in the paper till next week....wish i could do more...but at least its a start!!

• Banned User

Hi Christi!!

I called my daughters school today, I asked them to start a drive for the kids to give back to those who have lost it all from Katrina. I asked if they could start this drive for the red cross and to give all money collected to the red cross. I am not sure how all this works at theschools, maybe some on can give me some tips to get this started. I think our kids need to really get involved in giving and blessing those who need it.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Hi Christi!!

I called my daughters school today, I asked them to start a drive for the kids to give back to those who have lost it all from Katrina. I asked if they could start this drive for the red cross and to give all money collected to the red cross. I am not sure how all this works at theschools, maybe some on can give me some tips to get this started. I think our kids need to really get involved in giving and blessing those who need it.
    What we are doing is making a kind of competition between classes. Basically, each class gets a jar to throw change into, and all silver change adds to their class total while pennies count against it (so, basically, you put silver change in your jar and pennies in other classes' jars). The top class gets some sort of small prize and all the rest of the money goes to the Red Cross. This is really the most practical fundraiser for schools, since everyone has free change but may not have $10 to give, and the addition of a small prize encourages action.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!