Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

a scream of fright, a bubbling caldron, a howl @ the moon, and YOU

I have had NO luck yet on these boards. I was told to give it another try, so I am. If you want to be mean, spiteful, hurtful, rude or down right ugly, please don't respond.

An old hags cackle, a burst of wind, and a strike of lightening to mix it well.
    For Halloween this year, I am dressing up as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter and going to the Trick Or Treat party with my mommy. She will be dressed as a hippie.

I plan to fill my bag with lots of goodies, and hug as many villains as I can find. I LOVE walking around Dca at this party. Costume gazing, treat eating, lots of walking around with the theme of frightening fun.

What are YOU doing for Halloween? Any one having a costume party? Those are always a kick, don't cha think?
    Last edited by Jiminy Crickett; 09-22-2008 at 07:34 AM.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: a scream of fright, a bubbling caldron, a howl @ the moon, and YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    I have had NO luck yet on these boards. I was told to give it another try, so I am. If you want to be mean, spiteful, hurtful, rude or down right ugly, please don't respond.

What are YOU doing for Halloween? Any one having a costume party? Those are always a kick, don't cha think?
    No luck with posts? Don't cash it in with less than 50 posts......come on

Well, as for my family, we were hoping to do the Halloweentime at Disneyland.....but since my layoff, we're not sure we want to dish out the $29 per person to do that....so we may opt to do that next year.

My son seems very excited at the possibility of dressing up as Donald Duck this year - he saw the costume at Disneyland a week or two ago.....and it's only $35....so we'll see.

We are going to our church Harvest Festival that night....LOTS AND LOTS to do there....with tons of food and a rock climbing wall, a car show, etc..

Lots of fun....

• =)

Very cool! I'm afraid I probably won't be doing anything special, though...too busy.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Very cool! I'm afraid I probably won't be doing anything special, though...too busy.
    I don't go for the 'spooky scary' stuff that much of Halloween offers...but I do like the idea of children dressing up in cute/fun/harmless costume and going door to door and getting candy.....or going to harvest festivals of sorts....to me, that is so harmless and fun.....kind of like the Halloween scene in "Meet Me In St. Louis".....

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I don't go for the 'spooky scary' stuff that much of Halloween offers...but I do like the idea of children dressing up in cute/fun/harmless costume and going door to door and getting candy.....or going to harvest festivals of sorts....to me, that is so harmless and fun.....kind of like the Halloween scene in "Meet Me In St. Louis".....
    Yeah, I'm not huge on uber-dark stuff for Halloween, either. As a child, I dressed up as a mad scientist...a guy with an extra hand...a crayon, when I was little...stuff like that. And we had a fun time making the house creepy with some lighting effects and a homemade audio track. But never anything truly dark.

• Banned User

Yeah, I'm not huge on uber-dark stuff for Halloween, either. As a child, I dressed up as a mad scientist...a guy with an extra hand...a crayon, when I was little...stuff like that. And we had a fun time making the house creepy with some lighting effects and a homemade audio track. But never anything truly dark.
    Hey... ME TOO!!!! FINALLY I have something in common with disney lovers alike.

I don't like getting scared much. I LOVE watching others come up with creative ideas for costumes. I have the clown-a-noya (paranoia, clown style) Not all of those type of clowns but many. I go to the parks on hallows eve cause they are far less scary, more FUN and, well, there at the safety of the parks. I wish it cost a little less though. Sometimes its hard to go because of the cost. Trick Or Treating is free, and I know its a party, but I think the price could go down, just a smidgen.

Have you ever gone to Knott's Scary Farm. I'm not a chicken per say but I do scare easy. Probably TOO easy Just looking at the billboards for Knott's scary, gives me the willies. I've never gone. I will most likely never go. I couldn't. I'd be too scared to walk through the gates... ah, yeah, no thank you.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    Hey... ME TOO!!!! FINALLY I have something in common with disney lovers alike.

I don't like getting scared much. I LOVE watching others come up with creative ideas for costumes. I have the clown-a-noya (paranoia, clown style) Not all of those type of clowns but many. I go to the parks on hallows eve cause they are far less scary, more FUN and, well, there at the safety of the parks. I wish it cost a little less though. Sometimes its hard to go because of the cost. Trick Or Treating is free, and I know its a party, but I think the price could go down, just a smidgen.

Have you ever gone to Knott's Scary Farm. I'm not a chicken per say but I do scare easy. Probably TOO easy Just looking at the billboards for Knott's scary, gives me the willies. I've never gone. I will most likely never go. I couldn't. I'd be too scared to walk through the gates... ah, yeah, no thank you.
    I'm not one for the DARKNESS that Halloween can offer...so I stay away....because I just don't like that. That DARKNESS is very real, so we stay away and take the lightheartedness of Halloween and enjoy that with Harvest Festivals......carmel apples, candy corn and pony rides....fun stuff! Basically, we are 'celebrating Autumn' - that's how I look at it. I love the Autumn Season.

As for Knott's Scary Farm - I have been and I just don't like it. It's very dark...and it's a nuisance.....people running at you, shaking things in your face and people screaming left and right....if you scare easy, I'd stay away. It doesn't scare me.......it just irritates me.

• E T1CK3T

We had a set-up for a few years at my house... I'll have to describe it.

My room is at the front of the house, right next to our front door. We had the front door open, and a camera on a tripod was positioned in the doorway looking out onto the porch. We covered the camera w/ a sheet w/ a hole cut out for the lens. We sent the live feed into my room w/ the feed showing up on my TV.

Outside on the porch, we had a big, 5 ft. skeleton that danced and had the capability of being able to talk. If you spoke into a microphone attached to his base, he would move his mouth according to what you said into the microphone. So basically, kids would come up, and we'd watch the TV screen to talk to them through the skeleton w/out ever being seen. Pretty much the "man in jail" effect at Knotts, if you know what I'm talking about.

To top it all off, I mixed a custom track of Haunted Mansion background music, which was played through a concealed speaker. It was pretty awesome, and fun to talk to the kids when they came up. It was funny to shout out to ppl just walking down the sidewalk, too... they would be confused, and it was funny.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I'm not one for the DARKNESS that Halloween can offer...so I stay away....because I just don't like that. That DARKNESS is very real, so we stay away and take the lightheartedness of Halloween and enjoy that with Harvest Festivals......carmel apples, candy corn and pony rides....fun stuff! Basically, we are 'celebrating Autumn' - that's how I look at it. I love the Autumn Season.

As for Knott's Scary Farm - I have been and I just don't like it. It's very dark...and it's a nuisance.....people running at you, shaking things in your face and people screaming left and right....if you scare easy, I'd stay away. It doesn't scare me.......it just irritates me.
    ME TOO. I look at it like a day in the fall season that everyone enjoys differently. We don't "exactly" have a "fall" season, but our temp drops, and it sometimes gets windy and the cool crisp breezes begin earlier in the day. I love it. Halloween, I was never big on myself. As a kid, I enjoyed the candy. As an adult (sort of) I enjoy looking at the costumes. I could easily sit at a bench enjoy a caramel apple, and watch all the creativity walk around. That to me is a great Halloween. My mommy isn't big on the rides that much, but she too is big on the costumes. Since I'm going with her this year there will probably be more bench and character time than ride and treat grabbing time. Thank you for your comment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

for the Halloween season Dustin and i will be coming to so cal for Knott's Haunt for the 11th year in a row..during our trip we're also going to Halloween Horror Nights at USH, and smaller haunts such as The Haunted Cellar, Coffin Creek and the Saw haunted attraction.

for Halloween itself, we're either going to go to Haunt at Great America and The Pirates of Emerson Haunt, or back down to so cal for the last 2 nights of Knott's Haunt

for us, Halloween is THE holiday of the year
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm officially an old fart so I won't be dressing up but my Daughter is going to be a female HeathLedger/Joker and my son is still undecided.

• Minion

My friends and I are going to the Trick or Treat event at DCA. We're dressing similar to Minnie's witch outfit. I bought some light up necklaces from a party store and the girl asks, "Are these for your grandkids?" :P
    I want my cake back!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    My friends and I are going to the Trick or Treat event at DCA. We're dressing similar to Minnie's witch outfit. I bought some light up necklaces from a party store and the girl asks, "Are these for your grandkids?" :P
    I'm going on the 29th. When will you be attending?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I only dress up if I have a place I'm going that would be good for it, otherwise it's decorating the house and buying C her costume.

I love this time of year and Halloween is my favorite holiday.

I did something really cheap one year and I bought a "My Name is" sticker and wrote "God" on it for laughs. (Got the idea from a TV show)

• Down Pluto!

I'll probably be working...

I'd rather be in DCA though.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast