Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Worst jobs your in

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    It wasn't the telemarketing ot selling vacuums as those only lasted a couple of days.
    The assembly line work - screwing in 3200 of the same screws each shift - was pretty mindless, but I could achieve a zen state and do other mental activities.

    It was probably driving an ice cream truck. The freezer dumped super hot air into the truck that didn't have air conditioning. It was literally hell on wheels in the Sacramento Summer. A hundred and ten outside and one fifty in the truck - with windows open. It was illegal to drive with the door open. You had to buy all the goodies up front, and then the difference between what you sell and what it takes to buy your "zero load" the next day was what you earned. Some days I worked 14 hours and made about as many dollars...

    I would have gone crazy.

    what i do at work is pretty much a repeative and routine as a janitor. it can be a mindless position. Our job is pretty much customer service.

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,370

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    My worst job was attempting to set up appointments for Kirby vaccuum sales over the telephone. i went on my break after 4 hours the first day and walked out.
    I love our kirby! It's serviced us for 20 years and it's still powering on!

    Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I've never had a horrible job, but if I had to rank one as the worst I would say.....customer service, (I won't say where ) I have no patience to work with customers that have no minds...
    Oh I get that everyday. I usually just hide in the back and let others deal with customers. Somehow I get more work done than them . . . hmm . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    My junior year of high school, my best friend helped me get a job at the restaurant she worked at, Mr Fables. It was a cafeteria-style place. When they hired me, they told me I'd be running the cash register. Ummmm.... no. They had me bussing tables and washing dishes. Whenever they scheduled my friend & I together (which was rare), they put her on drive-thru or the grill so we never got a chance to talk. If that and the lousy pay wasn't bad enough, one of the managers tried to talk me into quitting school so I could work full-time! WTF?! I told him off and they retaliated by scheduling me one day a week... for 3 hours each day. I was getting $5 paychecks! I was like, "Dude, just give me the cash! They're laughing at me at the bank!" After 3-4 months of humiliation, I tacked a note on the bulletin board telling them not to schedule me anymore and basicallyt o shove it because I QUIT!

    The next day, my friend and I took off on spring break for a week.
    My manager is actually pissed when we can't schedule everyone 40 hours. I go to school full time and I'm actually pushing every week to get 40 hours too. Drop out of school to work? psaw. That's for people who have lives.

  3. #18

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    You know those surveys you get when you get a new car or something? I worked for a company that scanned those in to see what people thought and what I did was had to go through EVERY SINGLE LITTLE BUBBLE to make sure that whatever the person filled out, the scanner picked up. I did it for a week before I said PEACE!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,370

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    You know those surveys you get when you get a new car or something? I worked for a company that scanned those in to see what people thought and what I did was had to go through EVERY SINGLE LITTLE BUBBLE to make sure that whatever the person filled out, the scanner picked up. I did it for a week before I said PEACE!
    Surprised you didn't just enter stuff in manually and they needed to scan them instead.

  5. #20

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,661

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    My first office job was for a small market research firm. I was the secretary/receptionist, but I picked up some extra hours helping with the phone surveys. The firm was contracted by AAA to call members to get their opinions on building car care centers (like the one that eventually showed up at WDW). One of the questions was if the member also had their car insurance with AAA. A simple "yes or no" question they just wanted to know for statistics. Every time I asked that question, people would go on these TIRADES about how AAA insurance screwed them over and whatnot. I was like... . We just need to know if you have it or not. The question wasn't, "Has AAA insurance ever screwed you over?" I finally started skipping that question and randomly answering "yes" or "no" on the surveys myself to avoid the outbursts because I could never get the surveys completed otherwise.

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    152

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Movie theater. I only worked there 3 weeks. I would have shifts like 3pm-12am, no big right? Well, they wanted to keep me there until 4 and 5 in the morning. Which made it more like an 11-12 hour shift, on school nights, in a bad neighborhood. I quit there pretty fast.

  7. #22

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eustis, Florida (45 minutes from WDW)
    Posts
    3,025

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Well. I teach. Middle school. Special education.

    Does that work or count?

    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

  8. #23

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,661

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Well. I teach. Middle school. Special education.

    Does that work or count?

    Peace,
    Roo
    Depends on how you feel about it.

  9. #24

    • www.JonAutopsy.com
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA.
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    I worked for Stater Bros grocery store from January of 2000 until January of 2003. It was an absolute nightmare working there.

    I started off as a "courtesy clerk" which is a fancy word for bagger. Since EVERYONE buys groceries, you deal with every stupid person in the neighborhood, and then some. I eventually got promoted to Service Deli, though it was into a position I didn't want. I had to make all the fried chicken and cut cold cuts and stuff like that. It was messy and I smelled like raw chicken even when I was at home after a shower.

    From there, I got transfered to another Stater Bros and got to work in the bakery which wasn't bad at all but the people I worked with did not like me at all. I think it had a lot to do with they were older women and I was a nineteen year old guy. I usually worked by myself but it was tensions high whenever I had to work with anyone else.

    All in all, I absolutely hated working there. Myself, along with most of the other employees, got treated badly, worked incredibly hard, and had to do it all in a tucked in shirt, dress pants, and tie, plus the apron that we all had to wear. It was a nightmare.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

    JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

  10. #25

    • Yeah...I'm cool
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Glendale
    Posts
    2,874

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    When I was fifteen I was a grease trap cleaner at Lee's Hoagie house. I waould be covered in grease for days.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

  11. #26

    • Oo-de-lally
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach CA
    Posts
    1,000

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    I worked as a cashier/customer service at Best Buy for 2 years and it was awful.
    My co-workers were amazing but management was just sad.
    Plus the way they determined how many hours we got each week would be determined by how many people we could sign up for free magazine subscriptions. The catch was though that they were not free at all. We had to swipe their credit cards so that if they forgot to call and cancel the magazine after a few months then there card would automatically get charged for a year subscription. I can't even count how many angry people came back and yelled at the cashiers.
    Bad place to work.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

  12. #27

    • My Boss Has No Idea
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    107

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    I worked as a cashier/customer service at Best Buy for 2 years and it was awful.
    My co-workers were amazing but management was just sad.
    Plus the way they determined how many hours we got each week would be determined by how many people we could sign up for free magazine subscriptions. The catch was though that they were not free at all. We had to swipe their credit cards so that if they forgot to call and cancel the magazine after a few months then there card would automatically get charged for a year subscription. I can't even count how many angry people came back and yelled at the cashiers.
    Bad place to work.
    ^^^

    that sounds about right. Very shady. I worked at best buy in college for a few years as a supervisor and the managers had us schedule our biggest margin drivers the most so we could boost the stores numbers. It was a decent discount though, right? I was making more $$$ than most other 20yr olds at the time... I don't think I've ever had a sh**ty job though



    COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

  13. #28

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Movie theater. I only worked there 3 weeks. I would have shifts like 3pm-12am, no big right? Well, they wanted to keep me there until 4 and 5 in the morning. Which made it more like an 11-12 hour shift, on school nights, in a bad neighborhood. I quit there pretty fast.
    I would like that kinda shift because I don't have much of a social life at ll.

  14. #29

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    I worked for Stater Bros grocery store from January of 2000 until January of 2003. It was an absolute nightmare working there.

    I started off as a "courtesy clerk" which is a fancy word for bagger. Since EVERYONE buys groceries, you deal with every stupid person in the neighborhood, and then some. I eventually got promoted to Service Deli, though it was into a position I didn't want. I had to make all the fried chicken and cut cold cuts and stuff like that. It was messy and I smelled like raw chicken even when I was at home after a shower.

    From there, I got transfered to another Stater Bros and got to work in the bakery which wasn't bad at all but the people I worked with did not like me at all. I think it had a lot to do with they were older women and I was a nineteen year old guy. I usually worked by myself but it was tensions high whenever I had to work with anyone else.

    All in all, I absolutely hated working there. Myself, along with most of the other employees, got treated badly, worked incredibly hard, and had to do it all in a tucked in shirt, dress pants, and tie, plus the apron that we all had to wear. It was a nightmare.

    The grocery unions really suck they do nothing but steal our money. I know their are better unions out there like the teachers, police etc. but grocery unions is a joke.

    I also started out as a bagger as well. I had a part time shift everyday between 6pm to 11 pm and when all the baggers went home by 8 or 7pm I was the only one bagging and I became a stiff worker lol. yeah I had to work really hard and at the same time push the carts. then I got promoted to janitor by my old boss who got transfered to another store. He was a two face sob. now we got a new manager who treats us well but has his days also and makes us work extra hard. boy he really enforces the rules for sure.

  15. #30

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,055

    Re: Worst jobs you're in

    I've never had a really miserable job to speak of because I'm pretty selective about the jobs I apply for. I actually feel like I am above very many jobs. But I never really got along with my managers which always made my jobs awful for me. Some of my jobs were really boring. I think if I had to pick the worst it would be my first job at 15. I worked at an animal boarding place. Every morning I had to clean out the stalls that the dogs were in. I'd have to let the dogs onto the patio, hose out their stall, scrub it with a bleach/water mixture, hose it again and then squeegee it dry, and return the dogs. It sucked, it was loud from the barking and lots of the dogs pooped and peed in their stalls. It was no fun but I did get to play with all the cute dogs.


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jobs you don't want, but need to be done...
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
  2. What do you think are some of the best and worst jobs at DLR?
    By UltraCheese in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 12:31 PM
  3. The power of Jobs...Steve Jobs
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 01:22 PM
  4. Jobs
    By Olympicnut in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 08:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •