Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Goofy

Worst jobs you're in

hey guys,

what were your worst or are the worst jobs you have or had?

Here is mine list:

Ross Dress for less: messy store, no organization , messy customers.

Stater Bros: Boring and managers sometimes gives you a verbal beating on the cleaning duties and ridicoulus items or products.

Alot of recycling boxes to throw in the bale and the night crew are very nice but they leave alot of their own mess for me to do in the mornings.

Thats pretty much my life. lol. Unfortunately schools like colleges and rops were all pretty full. so oh well maybe after the holidays I can get a better job. Until then, I'll just keep my head up.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Worst jobs your in

Taco Bell in Corpus Christi Texas in June 1981, their A/C broke the week I started and was broken the whole 10weeks I worked there.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

I was a cashier at Walmart for six months (pretty much all i could stand) which included the Christmas season when i was still in high school.
    It was H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!!!

Our store would close at 11pm and it would then take at least 3 hours to clean up the store after it closed before they would release everyone!
    It was sooo miserable!!!

WORST. JOB. EVER.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I've never had a horrible job, but if I had to rank one as the worst I would say.....customer service, (I won't say where ) I have no patience to work with customers that have no minds...
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I was a waitress at a Chinese Restaurant right out of high school. Once a week, I had to wash dishes. You have not seen disgusting till you wash dishes at a Chinese Restaurant. I literally used to pray that we wouldn't be busy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

My worst job was attempting to set up appointments for Kirby vaccuum sales over the telephone. i went on my break after 4 hours the first day and walked out.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

I have 2.

#1 was getting people to buy into the local Scranton newspaper. There was about 6 of us and our "manager" would drop us off separately on different blocks and we'd go door to door with the whole "college bond" speech.

#2 was telemarketing trying to get people to donate to some Policeman's Ball or something. I did it for one day.

I quit both because I'm not a pushy salesman because I don't like forcing people into stuff.

• Goofy

wow very interesting.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My junior year of high school, my best friend helped me get a job at the restaurant she worked at, Mr Fables. It was a cafeteria-style place. When they hired me, they told me I'd be running the cash register. Ummmm.... no. They had me bussing tables and washing dishes. Whenever they scheduled my friend & I together (which was rare), they put her on drive-thru or the grill so we never got a chance to talk. If that and the lousy pay wasn't bad enough, one of the managers tried to talk me into quitting school so I could work full-time! WTF?! I told him off and they retaliated by scheduling me one day a week... for 3 hours each day. I was getting $5 paychecks! I was like, "Dude, just give me the cash! They're laughing at me at the bank!" After 3-4 months of humiliation, I tacked a note on the bulletin board telling them not to schedule me anymore and basicallyt o shove it because I QUIT!

The next day, my friend and I took off on spring break for a week.

•   
    • My liver hurts!

My Senior year in college I worked the graveyard shift for UPS Ontario airport hub flipping packages over to scan the bar codes....the hours weren't as awful as the CREEPY guys following me after work to my car!!! I did meet alot of new friends there though and my favorite part was when we would get live bees in boxes with mesh openings and we would shake them up and toss them back on the conveyor belt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

I worked on a reverse-circulation drilling rig in the middle of the Nevada desert for about 9 months to make some college money. Never been so cold, or so hot, in my life. I still have one of the used drilling bits in my garage that I hold any time I get down on my current job.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    My junior year of high school, my best friend helped me get a job at the restaurant she worked at, Mr Fables. It was a cafeteria-style place. When they hired me, they told me I'd be running the cash register. Ummmm.... no. They had me bussing tables and washing dishes. Whenever they scheduled my friend & I together (which was rare), they put her on drive-thru or the grill so we never got a chance to talk. If that and the lousy pay wasn't bad enough, one of the managers tried to talk me into quitting school so I could work full-time! WTF?! I told him off and they retaliated by scheduling me one day a week... for 3 hours each day. I was getting $5 paychecks! I was like, "Dude, just give me the cash! They're laughing at me at the bank!" After 3-4 months of humiliation, I tacked a note on the bulletin board telling them not to schedule me anymore and basicallyt o shove it because I QUIT!

The next day, my friend and I took off on spring break for a week.
    oh man.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    My Senior year in college I worked the graveyard shift for UPS Ontario airport hub flipping packages over to scan the bar codes....the hours weren't as awful as the CREEPY guys following me after work to my car!!! I did meet alot of new friends there though and my favorite part was when we would get live bees in boxes with mesh openings and we would shake them up and toss them back on the conveyor belt!!

Then that person would get a sting. lol. ouch!

• Down Pluto!

It wasn't the telemarketing ot selling vacuums as those only lasted a couple of days.
    The assembly line work - screwing in 3200 of the same screws each shift - was pretty mindless, but I could achieve a zen state and do other mental activities.

It was probably driving an ice cream truck. The freezer dumped super hot air into the truck that didn't have air conditioning. It was literally hell on wheels in the Sacramento Summer. A hundred and ten outside and one fifty in the truck - with windows open. It was illegal to drive with the door open. You had to buy all the goodies up front, and then the difference between what you sell and what it takes to buy your "zero load" the next day was what you earned. Some days I worked 14 hours and made about as many dollars...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• no flash photography...

Re: Worst jobs you're in

hmmm...that's tough...should it be the dirty disgusting black angus or the job I got robbed at gun point at and held against a wall while the ladies kids could steal.....IDK...seeing animals get gutted and skinned was pretty bad to. Technically I was not working, but I still had to see it...every weekend...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast