• Santa Barbara, CA

Disney War propaganda

I was perusing the new "Disney War" book in my local bookshop and got the impression from what little i read that it takes liberties to make it's points. Don't believe everything you read friends.

i.e. Euro Disney- He makes the point they spent too much on the park. I won't disagree. But the reference he makes ot the Castle having to be of "real pink stone" instead of the "fiberglas one in Florida" is not really accurate. The Castle at EDL had no restaurant or apartment, was smaller in size and the dragon was a separate attraction. I was told in overall cost as it was mostly sculpted plaster and fiberglas, was less to build than the WDW one. FYI- EDL at it's opening had the lowest "cost per guest carried" of any MK meaing the overall cost of the rides against how many guests could enjoy them was lowest.

This book, while being accurate in a broad sense seems to me to be off the mark in the details and in my opinion (as an anonomous disneyphile) to be inaccurate as to who did what at the executive level. Blame is tossed like a sald here and the names seem to be bantied about on heresay. Reader beware.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

As you said "Don't believe everything you read friends."

You have to rember that books, movies, shows, articles, are all from one point of view and even when they lits true, acurate facts about a topic. the author useuly will only list the "facts" that help suport their point of view.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with reading a book, just keep the above info in minde and be sure to do as much research on the subject before forming your own view.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider

Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with reading a book, just keep the above info in minde and be sure to do as much research on the subject before forming your own view.
    I wish more people would do this with all the books they read..

• Because ZERO was taken

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    As you said "Don't believe everything you read friends."

You have to rember that books, movies, shows, articles, are all from one point of view and even when they lits true, acurate facts about a topic. the author useuly will only list the "facts" that help suport their point of view.

Very true! I can think of quite a few articles and books that the above rule should apply to. There's always that one Book in particular that people refuse to apply that general rule to, however...
    :::: ::: ::: ::: ::::
    johnny depp, animated at last!!