Paypal question?? Advise Please????Please???

I recently was the seller of a product I advertised on a web page (with pictures) that now the buyer wants a 100% refund.(Used product)) In short: 1. The buyer didn't want to purchase insurance on the package. 2. The buyer requested I give the package a $20.00 value so he would avoid import taxes of his country. (Sweden) When the package left my hands it was 100% fine.(As seen in the pictures I posted) When he received the package the merchandise had been damaged from the postal carrier. (Either UPS or Swedens) Prior to shipment we split the cost of shipping. Now he wants a 100% refund because it's damaged and he wants me to pay for shipping the package back.(split the cost) 1. Am I liable for damage caused by the postal carrier? 2. He didn't want insurance and requested the declared value of $20.00. So collecting from the postal might be hard. I did offer to refund him $100.00 on the return of the product, but he refused. I am fairly new to this type of situations and wanted to ask for HELP....Right now the case has been turned over to paypal for their final decision. Did I do all the right things to cover myself? Does he really have a claim against me? Losing sleep over this thing! Gota go to Disneyland! Thanks for your help...If you would like to read the Case comments from buyer to seller I would be more than happy to send it to you. Thanks..

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Paypal question?? Advise Please????Please???

Wow. I'm not exactly sure about this. But did you state that you were not responsible for loss or damage if the buyer refused insurance? I've seen MANY (ok, most) eBay auctions where they clearly state, they will not be held libel if you choose not to pay for insurance. Otherwise, without a written declaration, I think you might be libel for the damages.

I'm sure someone else with more experience will have better info for you.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Since he actually acknowledges receiving the product.. and that it was damaged in shipping - you may have some protection from paypay.. MAYBE. Normally they almost always side with the buyer, but in this case their own decisions are putting them at risk.

If you have emails showing that the guys says he received it and that it was damaged in shipping - then keep those!! Take any money out of your paypal account and delink it from a bank account. Tho they probably would take money anyways, just make it as hard as possible for paypal to seize funds.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Also if you have emails from the guy where he plainly says he wants to refuse insurance, keep those for sure!

Case closed

Paypal closed the case. They said they could reopen it at a later date for investigation but I hope not. They stated that they cannot investigate further because the buyer did receive the shipment as promised and damage on delivery is not the responsibility of the seller. Especially when the buyer refuses insurance and request the package have a $20.00 value. THanks for the advise...

• Pilot EdForceOne

good news. be careful.. paypal scamming is a HUGE deal. The sellers lose their stuff so much there is a huge backlash against paypal these days because of it. Good to hear you made out ok.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

That is good news. I sell on Ebay and just recently had a woman in Canada bought a Hannah Montana party pack. She bought, paid, I shipped and 4 days later Paypal put a hold on my acct. She is stating she never got the package...Well Duh.. 4 days for first class from CA to Canada is not going to happen. anyways, she closed her acct and who knows what will happen. I sell a lot on Ebay and just recently ran into problems with the new changes. Who knows what will happen but great news for you...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've luckily never run into any real problems on Ebay yet. Right now I'm dealing with a seller that has good feedback (99.9% positive), but their communication is almost non-existent and I need to know if they sent out the item I won. They said last week it would be shipped no later than last Friday (the 26th). It's a Jim Shore Pluto figurine and it's being shipped to my mom's house (she loves Pluto).....

Oh good, the seller just emailed me and said it was shipped on Friday as promised. That means my mom should get it tomorrow or Wednesday then. Yay!