• decorating

Favorite birthday memory

in honor of mine

Mine is tied between my fourth birthday party, where we played with Play-doh and my friend got me a Morning Glory My Little Pony, and my 22nd, where we went cosmic bowling and got drunk... *sigh* those were the good days...

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Favorite birthday memory

I've celebrated my bday in Sun Valley, Idaho every year for the past 16yrs, any one of those would be a favorite.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Many great birthday memories but one of the best was last year getting to be at Disneyland with friends for not only my birthday but it was also gay day weekend. But who knows this years birthday might just top that I don't know yet since I am only 15 minutes into a new bday.

Happy Birthday ladyalmalthea!

• Banned User

I'd say my last b-day before my mom died. She planned a birthday party for me from her hospital bed. She was dying of cancer, and, I was turning 9. That was a special b-day for me because it was my last with her.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My folks were planning a 'surprise' 29th Birthday party for me. My 29th Birthday was on a Friday - Dec 1, 2000. Anyway, oddly, my Grandpa Rex went into the hospital the day before.....In January of that year, he'd been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

Anyway, he was at St. Jude in Fullerton.....and all day, I was home bored out of my mind as I'd taken the day off from work.......it was a gloomy day.......clouds and quite cool. I was home alone.........and I thought "Doggone it, it's my birthday....and I'm here doing nothing." So, I got dressed...and went to the hospital and visited Grandpa.

He was so impressed that I would come to visit him in the hospital on my 29th Birthday - which he insisted on telling the doctors and nurses that came in. "This is my Grandson David and he's 29 today. Can you believe that I have a 29 year old Grandson?" He'd say....

He would doze in and out of sleep....but we managed to chat awhile and order his food for the next day.....

When I left, I told Grandpa "Ok Grandpa. I'll see you later. I love you." He said "I bet I love you more." I said "Oh yeah? I'll arm wrestle you to see." He laughed and said "Oh well, I guess you'd win then." I laughed and said "Nah, I guess it would be a tie." I gave him a kiss on his soft, slightly wiskery cheek.

He was pretty much asleep most of the next day with my Grandmother sitting with him in the room. But doctors said he was going to be alright and would be coming home probably on Monday.

Grandpa died unexpectedly on Sunday Afternoon, December 3, 2000 @ 2:48pm. Oddly, this conversation he and I had - this little silly banter- was the last conversation he ever had......and the last one I would ever have with him.......

I'll never forget my 29th Birthday........

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My 15th birthday was pretty special. We were on vacation in California and we went to Disneyland that day.

My 29th birthday, I went out with some friends to see a couple local bands we knew and I got sooooo drunk. Was not planning on it but they kept piling on the free drinks. When my one friend dropped me off at home, I dropped my keys in the grass by my building and we couldn't find them (it was 3:00am). So I ended up crashing at her house that night, then next morning we went back and I found my keys so I could go home and promptly DIE. I promised myself I would never get that drunk again and I haven't!

My 30th birthday, I went to EPCOT, which started a tradition for me to visit WDW every August for my birthday.

My 32nd birthday stands out because that was the year my BF surprised me with a very expensive diamond necklace. I remember completely flipping out and having a near meltdown because no one had ever gotten me something that nice before.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I'd say my last b-day before my mom died. She planned a birthday party for me from her hospital bed. She was dying of cancer, and, I was turning 9. That was a special b-day for me because it was my last with her.
    (Tears rolling down cheeks as he gets ready to post)

My 9th birthday is also one I'll always treasure. It was 1965 (yep, I'm getting older), and baseball still had Sunday doubleheaders.

My father and grandfather took me to the game (It also just happened to be Father's Day).

Two of the great pitchers in Dodger history, Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale, both pitched that day.

And what it day it was, just us guys. We talked about baseball. We talked about life, we threw peanut shells on the ground and ate too many hot dogs and frozen chocolate malts!

My father and grandfather are both long gone now, but whenever I go back to Dodger Stadium I always think of my 9th birthday.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Googly eyed

I'm going to have to go with my 21st birthday! I went to Disneyland and got to watch my Dapper Dans sing, then they sung me Happy Birthday, which just about killed me. I almost had to be scrapped off Main Street.

Later that day I was joined by my bestie and my sister for my Bday dinner at the Blue Bayou. It was so nice, we got a table right on the water, super exciting for me! Then we went to the bar. lol. It was a great birthday that lasted til the weekend when I hung out with more of my friends for Disney bar hopping. It was wonderful!
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

One of my milestone birthdays... we went to Vegas... and stayed in the best hotel EVER! That room is my favorite memory.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    My folks were planning a 'surprise' 29th Birthday party for me. My 29th Birthday was on a Friday - Dec 1, 2000. Anyway, oddly, my Grandpa Rex went into the hospital the day before.....In January of that year, he'd been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

Anyway, he was at St. Jude in Fullerton.....and all day, I was home bored out of my mind as I'd taken the day off from work.......it was a gloomy day.......clouds and quite cool. I was home alone.........and I thought "Doggone it, it's my birthday....and I'm here doing nothing." So, I got dressed...and went to the hospital and visited Grandpa.

He was so impressed that I would come to visit him in the hospital on my 29th Birthday - which he insisted on telling the doctors and nurses that came in. "This is my Grandson David and he's 29 today. Can you believe that I have a 29 year old Grandson?" He'd say....

He would doze in and out of sleep....but we managed to chat awhile and order his food for the next day.....

When I left, I told Grandpa "Ok Grandpa. I'll see you later. I love you." He said "I bet I love you more." I said "Oh yeah? I'll arm wrestle you to see." He laughed and said "Oh well, I guess you'd win then." I laughed and said "Nah, I guess it would be a tie." I gave him a kiss on his soft, slightly wiskery cheek.

He was pretty much asleep most of the next day with my Grandmother sitting with him in the room. But doctors said he was going to be alright and would be coming home probably on Monday.

Grandpa died unexpectedly on Sunday Afternoon, December 3, 2000 @ 2:48pm. Oddly, this conversation he and I had - this little silly banter- was the last conversation he ever had......and the last one I would ever have with him.......

I'll never forget my 29th Birthday........
    awww...that was the sweetest story DD!
    Thank you soo much for sharing it with us!
    Such wonderful memories!

I really think we should have a Chicken Soup for the MiceChatter's Soul written with all of our special stories!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....