be careful not to overdo it.

take care and get well soon.

love ya.

jason from ridgecrest.(ca)

thanks so much

Friends for life

• love my friends

Re: Our own Kelly in the Hospital

well today I see the internal medicine dr, i saw him every day while in the hospital, he wants to see if my meds are affecting me (making me sick, etc).. i am wondering if he will be the one to put me on the right track to eating better, it might be the cardiologist next week

Friends for life

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    well today I see the internal medicine dr, i saw him every day while in the hospital, he wants to see if my meds are affecting me (making me sick, etc).. i am wondering if he will be the one to put me on the right track to eating better, it might be the cardiologist next week
    Seems to me, if you are waiting for a doctor to put you on the right track of eating better, maybe you should just start now before the doctor has to tell you.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Seems to me, if you are waiting for a doctor to put you on the right track of eating better, maybe you should just start now before the doctor has to tell you.

i have been trying chad, just really not sure what I am suppose to cut out, etc, probably fats and salt I am sure and I love salt, havent had salt for a long time now it seems

Friends for life

• Minion

Blog Entries

Just like you were in the hospital, lower sodium, smaller portions... One thing I would suggest eat more salads (not drenched in dressing)... But instead of having an iceberg lettuce salad eat romain lettuce or white cabbage... Eat with a purpose, high vitamins and protein, lower fat and sodium.. Also like I told you in the hospital if you can afford it try eating organic... The food tastes better and has no pestisides or preservatives...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Just like you were in the hospital, lower sodium, smaller portions... One thing I would suggest eat more salads (not drenched in dressing)... But instead of having an iceberg lettuce salad eat romain lettuce or white cabbage... Eat with a purpose, high vitamins and protein, lower fat and sodium.. Also like I told you in the hospital if you can afford it try eating organic... The food tastes better and has no pestisides or preservatives...

thanks mandy the new fresh and easy opened up near us, I want to go there sometime today or tomarrow, as you had said organic foods are there and i want to check out the place.. didnt know that about ice burg lettuce though, I will go for romaine for sure and yes low fat and salt

Friends for life

• Winter in Oceanside...

Google is your friend... From the Mayo Clinic.
    Heart-healthy diet: 7 steps to prevent heart disease - MayoClinic.com

1. Limit fats and cholesterol
    2. Low fat protein
    3. Eat fruits and vegetables
    4. Select whole grains
    5. Reduce salt
    6. Moderation/portion control
    7. Plan meals ahead

• Minion

Blog Entries

I love whole grains... I wish I had the money to eat the way I want to... Lol... Unfortunately it cost more to eat well... I prefer eating organics and whole grains...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Also Kelly,

I didn't mean to sound harsh but this thread is here because people care about you. You can't wait for your doctors to "make you better" it's all on you once you aren't in the hospital. Medications don't mean squat if you aren't willing to cut out some of the things in life that hurt your condition.

I'm stepping off my soapbox but remember, I come from a place that cares about you, not a preachy kinda stance.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

try mixing a little spinach in with your lettuce. You really can't notice the taste...and it gives you TONS more vitamins than plain lettuce. I do this since I always need Iron.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I can't each much salad, it upsets my stomach. I love spinach though. I put it in my lasagna. My husband loves it. I make it with cottage cheese, and spinach, and the usual other things.. Yummy, it's making me hungry.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I think that you're going to have SO much fun designing a new way to eat! It'll make you get creative and the rewards are so worth it!

I've done a lot of research about diet and health and let me tell you, eat the rainbow! Fruits and veggies that are richly colored give you the most bang for the bite! Instead of having just lettuce on your salas, top it with sliced bell pepper, carrot, tomato, beets or anything else you'd like. Fruit is EXCELLENT in salad... apples, bluberries, sliced strawberries, mango, cherries, plum, apricot.. the possibilites are endless. I also love a good handful of nut or seeds in my salad. Pumpkin seeds (Pepitos) are delish, as are sunflower seeds, walnut, pecans, almonds, ect..

Like Mandy said, try and get as many organic things as possible. I have a really good list in one of my magazines that shows which fruits/veggies you should only really eat if they're organic... I'll find it and type it up for you, if you'd like.

Another bit of advice would be to split your plate into 1/3s. 2/3s of your plate should be veggies and fruit (salads, veggies side dishes, ect) and the other 1/3 is your meats/proteins and grains. The more raw veggies and fruit you can eat, the better. Cooking most veggies and fruits reduces the good stuff in them.. vitamins, enzymes, ect. Try not to over cook things and you'll be sitting pretty!

Try to keep the saturated (animal) fats down. Try REALLY hard to cut out all Hydrogenated fats... they're TERRIBLE for your heart. Read the backs of pacakages before you eat the food. You'd be suprised at how many things have the crap in it. *shiver*

I'm so excited for you, Kelly.. this is a new begining and you're gunna kick ***!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

So many wonderful ideas!

Take care of yourself Kelly! We're all here rooting for you!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Also another thing... Instead of buying fat free... start off small... for example... instead of whole cheese... buy 2% cheese... it tastes the same and is better for you... Instead of fully leaded ranch dressing go for the light stuff... It tastes the same and has less fats... You don't have to go cold turkey to fat free... Light margerine.. Go for the lights... because you don't want to cut fats out... just the not so good ones and then also reduce fat intake... I love eating the light stuff... it has always tasted the same to me... only its a little bit better for you...

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    thanks mandy the new fresh and easy opened up near us, I want to go there sometime today or tomarrow, as you had said organic foods are there and i want to check out the place.. didnt know that about ice burg lettuce though, I will go for romaine for sure and yes low fat and salt
    Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Marketâ„¢

Fresh & Easy has some great choices! The one thing to know is that when they say fresh, they mean it. It isn't like a regular grocery store. The food has very short expiration windows. Check to make sure you get perishable products that have the latest expiration date as possible.

We really like their tricolor organic tortilla chips. They have good fat free chili, salad dressings, cereal bars for the kids. Their fresh hummus is our favorite though. Mmmm roasted red pepper hummus. They have coupons that give you $5 off $20. The first couple trips we took to the Fresh & Easy near us, they kept feeding the machine with as many coupons as the system would allow. We saved $50 on that trip!

Here is a link to the American Heart Association cooking website:
    Delicious Decisions Welcome
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast