Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wasn't Me!

Anyone know about Lasik or other eye surgeries?

Does anyone know anything about Lasik or any other eye surgeries? Jimmy just called and wants to have his eyes done because he has horrible eyesight.

The problem is, something like that scares the crap out of me! I don't want anyone cutting on our eyes! Or even the one that uses a laser to reshape your eyes. Any of them scare me!

Have any of you had them done? Have you had any problems? Am I over reacting?

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Anyone know about Lasik or other eye surgeries?

If you're too worried about it, I suppose you could always shell out extra dough to do them one at a time. But really, Lasik is so mainstream now that the people doing it are well-practiced. Just make sure you get a recommendation from people that have had it done. Don't just pick Dr. Joe Schmoe who gives you the cheapest price.

Admittedly, I haven't needed eye surgery, so I haven't done it myself, but I know plenty of people who have, and they all seem really happy with the results and the change in their routine (eg: not having to mess with glasses or contacts all the time)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Ive had lasik...is its a total piece of cake...seriously!! they gve you these eye drops that numb your eyes, and so when they do the lasik...you dont feel anything..in fact..its really wierd becuase its like they are doing it above your eye...you dont realize its touching your eye at all!! and it takes like 30 seconds per eye or something....really....its truly amazing!!

• Banned User

Wow Christi, I did not know you had this! Sounds cool!! and my eyes are real bad. what does something like this cost? I would have to go somewhere else to have it done, round these parts I would be afraid

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I would LOVE to get this done! LOVE love love love love!!
    I'm waiting to be able to afford not only to get it done but to get it done with Disguy & All Aglow and then recover in style

I have a friend who got it done 2 years ago and she could see fine right afterwards. It was awesome

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Wow Christi, I did not know you had this! Sounds cool!! and my eyes are real bad. what does something like this cost? I would have to go somewhere else to have it done, round these parts I would be afraid
    its about $2000 per eye....dont try to bargin hunt on this!! (did anyone see the King of Queens where he got Lasik with a coupon?? anyhoo...it was hi-lar-ious!!!)
    Research it well, they have this new technology called wave-maping....no clue what it is..but its supposed to be the newest best thing...so really look around and find the guy with the newest technology who has been doing it awile....I first had monovision done...where they make the eyes two different strenghs, one for up close reading and one for far away....I never could get used to that..so i went and had the other eye totally corrected for the far away vision and I can still read just fine. Now, if you get both yeys done for far away, then they cant go in and correct it for reading...but they can for the other way around....to have my other eye fixed it only cost $150 for the machine set up but everything else was covered under the first surgery, so it was nice to try and see if it would work....
    it really is AMAZING!!!
    The price has been about $4000 is seems forever, bu they do keep coming out with newer ways of doing it which is nice...kind of fine tuning everything....its friggin amazing to wake up and see the tv without finding my four-eyes!!
    Plus, I had a stigmatism, so my contacts never really gave me great vision since I couldnt wear the stigmatism ones....so..this really is so worth it...I know its expensive...but wow...to be able to see!! I was so excited to go to Disneyland the first time with my new eyes....it was like i was watching a high def tv or something!! Am I a dork or what??

• Banned User

awwww Christi, I am so glad this worked out so well for you. Your not a dork, your a great looking woman with really pretty eyes, now you can see better and thats so totally cool!!

Say I was also thinking about your looking for a child to love, you know when you least expect it christi, you will get that call and you will get the desires of your heart, I know it I know some day you will be the mamma you dream of being!! Hang in there,

• oh bugger

My dad had it done about 9 months ago. My mom and I got to watch the procedure on the other side of a glass wall. It had video monitors too. We were both so shocked at how quick and easy not only the procedure was but the recovery. My dad was able to see without glasses for the first time in over 40 years within minutes. My mom and I both thought that we might not want to do it ourselves, but it really is no big deal, from the time they get you in the room to the time you leave is under 5 minutes, its amazing.

If you can afford it I say go for it. You'll save the money with the savings from contacts, solution and that all, or frames and lenses in no time.

Just make sure to take your friends advice, I'm sure you know someone who has had it done, just find someone whose built a good reputation in your area and you'll be fine.

• True Disneyland Nerd!

awww thanks Karla!! Ill take the one in your avatar...no wait...that one is a boy!! haha!!
    yeah, I got word from my adoption worker that there are just no lil girls available right now...ugh!!!! Ill take one of those lil orphans from Katrina in a heartbeat..but im sure they are doing those adoptions in their own county...thats usually how that works....Im sooooo really to start playing with liddle kiddles and an Easy Bake oven...I may just have to go get them for myself!! hehe umm....oh yeah, if my lil one needs Lasik Ill make sure she gets it when she is old enough...(hey, I wanted to stay ON topic!! hahaha)

• Banned User

Christi, I know from experience that when least expected dreams do come true. Get ready for a lil one hon, you will get your wish! I was told I would never have kids, I was even told I needed a hysterectomy, I refused to have this and just decided to let it rest. if it happended it happended if not it was going to be ok. I was so amazed and so grateful when i was told one day I was pregnant, all my wishes came true and yours will to!! Just sit back, one day you will have the cutest little girl you ever saw and she will be yours and you hers. All in good time and the perfect time
    Looking for that day when you come on here to tell us all her name

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I wish I could but my astigmatism is the type that can't be corrected with it Maybe someday it'll progress to where I can do it but as it stands right now I can't get it done, so it's glasses for me for now.

I've known a few people who wouldn't trade what they did for the world! My sister in law wore glasses forever and had lasix and hasn't worn them since. Its weird because you get so used to seeing a person in glasses then BAM they never wear them again!

• Hooterville, USA

My friend did it last week and said she had 20 20 the day after. Cost her $1400 total.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

My hubby had a different procedure done, I forget the name (lasek?), but he can see perfectly now and had about a week of recovery. He really couldn't see during that week in part because he had a hard contact lens put in to protect the eye. He said it was like seeing through vaseline. But then he went for the follow up, the doc took out the contacts, and he's fine. Corrected near-sightedness and astigmatism.

I'm hearing all the ads about "no corneal flap" but I don't think anybody does the corneal flap thing anymore. With my hubby's, they took the top layer of cells and moved them aside off the eye, shaped the cornea, put the thin layer back, and popped in the hard contact lens. Putting that tiny layer, one cell thick, back where it belongs shortens the healing time. I never did get a good explanation of what that little layer does, but the eye rebuilds it so apparently it does something.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Artsy Fartsy

I used to work in a lasik facility. I was the pre-op nurse. Which means I made sure you had your surgery atire, checked your Blood Pressure, instilled your antibiotic eye drops, and administered your mild sedative (if it was needed). I also assisted patients to the chair or bed where the procedure was taking place. In some cases if he patient was scared I would stay and keep them company. But it is a fairly simple procedure to go through. You have alot of predeterminating tests, to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure. If you wear contacts on a daily basis you will be asked not to wear them for a minimum amount of days. You do have to do a little investigating into the Doctor who is doing the procedure. Make sure they are board certified, as well as ask how many procedures he has performed. Ask if there is a way you can view a procedure or talk to someone who has had it done by them. If they say no then just hang around the waiting room and talk to patients who are willing to talk to you. The most exciting thing about working there was I got to see the excitment of the people who had been wearing glasses for 30 or sometimes 40 years, suddenly able to see like when they were young, And as soon as the next morning. It is a promising procedure. Just do your homework. Money should not be an option, this is you vision were talking about!!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Reject no more!

I got the laser proceedure done six years ago and it was so awesome. Before, I was so blind that I had to feel around for my glasses when I took them off. Now I have 20-15 vision! It was quick and easy and the most pain I experienced felt like I had some grit in my eye. The procedure was wild and made me think this must be what an alien abduction is like (sans probing, thank you). My only dissapointment was to find that when I opened my eyes underwater, it was not video quality! I never knew it was blurry underwater without a mask before. Ha!
    ><> just call me n8 <><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast