• Banned User

Worst work day ever??

What a weird day. Around 4pm there's a hub bub about something being wrong with our front parking lot gate. People are saying that it looks like someone drove through the north fence. Well, it seems that someone did just that.

Come to find out, one of the temp workers truck was stolen and they drove through the fence in their getaway. It's really sad because dude is a very good worker. Plus it was broad daylight and the offices are literally 25 feet from where it happened.

Crazy stuff.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Worst work day ever??

Worst work day ever?

When the boss waits until the end of the day, then fires you.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was just out of high school, and on my very first job. It was a Friday. I was so far behind in all my work, and I knew it. However, the boss called me into her office, and she fired me. I was surprised. I remember all the way home, on the bus, how terrible I felt. It was a clerical job, and I really was not qualified for it at all. I was not looking forward to telling my mom about it. However, the employment agency that helped me get the job had phoned my house, and my mom talked to them. So she knew that I was fired. I called the employment agency, and said thanks, but no thanks, I don't belong in an office.

I only worked a few jobs after that, and then I got married, and had my kids. I am so glad that I have not had to work, outside the home, for over 40 years. It was the only time that I was fired from a job.

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Worst work day ever?

I've actually seen that happen. The guy that guy fired went psychotic. I thought the police would have been called for sure because he threw stuff around and was cursing at the top of his lungs.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Banned User

Worst work day ever?

Yeah, there was a guy at the little WalMart I worked at that was called in on his day off. Then, about 2 hours before his shift would have been over they fired him.

• no flash photography...

Worst work day ever?

that is the M.O. for my company. Then they are not allowed to go back to their desks....a few days later they pack up the desk in a white or brown box. I guess the mail the stuff to the ex employee....IDK.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Given the fact that I work with the public all the time, I have to deal with a lot of garbage.

Shoplifters really like to ruin days, They are just pathetic, trying to think we are stupid enough to figure out thier tricks. They should stop wasting time and just buy the stuff rather than waste their time thinking about stealing the stuff and spending the night in jail.

What really ruins the day is when customers feel it is their right to cuss you out for such stupid issues like item prices. One customer was trying to scam my AM into giving her a reduced price on a product that was not reduced and we knew that. The AM never gave in and the customer cussed her out. So she called the DM who told her to give into the customer's demands. Lost a lot of respect for that DM that day.

A few days ago, one customer left a dollar in the car and had to go get it. Well, I knew the person would be back in a second so I asked my manager to open up the other register and I told the customers politly to go over there. One man decided to stay at my register and started to get upset. He said "So since this other guy had to go out and get his money, I have to wait?" I said, "Yeah." I didn't have the keys to cancel the order on me and it was the man's fault for staying in the lane since I told him to step over to the other register.

Needless to day, the other man came right back in and paid for his stuff.
    I told the AM I wouldn't have even called the DM but would have just called the police so they could drag her sorry butt away.

Then we had a co-worker who thankfully left us. I kid you not, when she was having a modd swing, everyone wound up in bad moods.

One time she yelled at me for helping her by giving her advice. I decided to ignore her for the rest of the day. Needless to say on the way home that same day, my tire blew out.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I had a parapelgic (sp?) cuss me out when we ran out of bread at Subway. That sucked. Had lines out the door the whole day, couldn't keep up. The biggest soccer competition in the state was across the street and we were the only real food place. We were doing anywhere between 120 sandwiches per hour to 80 sandwiches per hour all day for like 6 hours straight, my boss was on vacation, so I was stuck running the store, and anytime I tried to go back and make bread the line would go out past the sidewalk and I'd be dragged back to help. Finally we ran out of bread and I was chosen to tell everyone in line we were out of bread and got the grunt of the meanness. That was the worst day of work for me.