Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Target's Global Bazaar--all 50% off!

The entire stock of Target's Global Bazaar is 50% in the stores! I went NUTS today!!

Global Bazaar

I spent $250 at two Targets today and could have spent a ton more if there had been any furniture. The second Target I went to is one of twenty test sites in the U.S. for Global Bazaar, so they carried every single item. Some guy came in and spent $3000 on furniture alone and wiped them out this morning.

Here's some I what I got (the prices are the full price):

Candlestick in large and medium
    Two red bowls
    Weird green vase jug thing
    Woven tray
    Weird green jar
    Tall green vase
    Ugly brown vase
    Purple glass vase
    Glass and metal candlestick......I got two to flank the purple vase......
    Woven tray with handles I put coffee beans and candles in it...mmmm...

We also got a DVD tower, a ceramic Japanese tea set, an Indian tablerunner, 12 huge cobalt rimmed goblets (20 oz--they're ginormous!), a huge round teak mirror and candles. I can't find any of them on the site.

There's SO much to choose from and it's ALL 50% off!!

• -Going Retro-

Yes! I found this out as Midnight hit, I rushed to target.com for the Sunday ad and oh my eyes got teary when I saw 50%!!

What a GREAT idea Target had to fill in some time between seasons. Who wants to buy patio stuff in the dead of winter?

Just one more reason why I'm a target Wh____

• Zapp's Minion :D

50%off . Thanks for the info Stinkerbell!!!

I love Target and their Gobal Bazaar stuff is sooo cool.

• Man O Lantern

The employees said that the merchandise tested so well at the "temporary" Global Bazaar that it will be put into regular stock in various forms. Some of it was already out when I was there.....basically the same but without the clearance price.

I love it! My house looks like Adventureland!

• -Going Retro-

I really wanted the big iron gazebo that says World Bazaar but it wasn't for sale! Not that I have a place for it

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I loveeeee Global Bazaar!!! LOVE IT!

I so so so wish I had the extra $$ to go and hit that clearance. We have a good amount of Global Bazaar stuff here, I love the India selection.

And I can vouch for Disguy knowing last night, I got a tm at 12:04

I LOVE LOVE that purple vase you got!! SO PRETTY
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 02-21-2005 at 12:07 AM. Reason: To rave about the purple vase

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I really wanted the big iron gazebo that says World Bazaar but it wasn't for sale! Not that I have a place for it
    OMG, totally! There was a huge sign on it that said it wasn't for sale.

I put coffee beans in the bottom of the purple vase and a candle in it.....not sure I'll ever use it as a candle holder, but the possibility is there. I'll probably melt it.

In unrelated news.....I can no longer afford to go to Disneyland in July. Just kidding!!! The kids won't eat this month, but I'm buying my plane ticket next Monday.

Yes, the Global Bazaar sale was great, but I was quite happy to see that every possible color and size of cargo shorts were back too. I mean FULLY STOCKED. And some fun St. Pat's day t-shirts too.

Long live Target !!! ... (and Trader Joe's)

• Gepetto 2

Was enticed by the great commercial (back when stuff was regular price) and bought some great small Chests. But we came home very dissappointed in that we went to buy the Monkey! None of the employees had a clue when I asked where is the Monkey? False advertising.

Doug
    http://SpookyBook.com
    'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
    The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

• -Going Retro-

Well I went back today and put a small dent in the Bazaar section. Vases, candle holders, dishes, clock, wind shime things. I think I'm done with Bazaar...what's next?

• Banned User

Thanks for the heads up! I totally dig the bazaar stuff. I've been meaning to head over the river to tax-free-land and pick up some elephant bookends.

Oh.... to Target I shall go! To Target I shall go! Time to buy some curios, to Target I shall gooooo!

• Sock Puppet

If you guys are into bazaar-type collections, I would suggest these sources for decor:
    Frontgate magazine has some good stuff, Carolina Rustica (http://www.carolinarustica.com/bauer_international.html) also has some really good stuff. Touch of class catalog is also pretty good!

• Man O Lantern

Well I went back today and put a small dent in the Bazaar section. Vases, candle holders, dishes, clock, wind shime things. I think I'm done with Bazaar...what's next?
    There were two clocks I wanted.....been thinking about them all day!! :o There was a silver one I liked and a cool curly q black clock.....I kept going back to them, but they never made it into the cart.

I need a new couch upstairs. How about furniture shopping??? The one that's in there just doesn't look good in Adventureland.

• Minion

Disguy, my mother works there and she said that the gazebo was just part of the summer lineup, it was just put up there for the Global Bazaar. So yeah, I think i'll be buying that when all the summer stuff goes up!

Anyways, I bought the terra-cotta looking Buddha, the chandelier that was hanging in the middle of the gazebo, and the rug that was in the middle of the gazebo floor. I wish I had the money, because I would buy out all of the India section to complete my Indy Adventure themed nerdy room! I hope the full blown Global Bazaar comes back next year, though I doubt it will. The seasoned Target customers know how Target works already, and they [andI ] wait until it's clearance. If they know it didn't sell so well they might not bring it back again! Oh well, it's their own fault for putting such great things on clearance so soon.

That looks like some fascinating merchandise. Makes me wish that we had a Target around here..
    Well, that's what the internet is for, I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast