Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Doing it with a flair

Relationships and Disney

First off...I am *not* trying to start a Micechat dating service.

I'm curious about a few things. Who out there is married or dating someone? If you are, how does your significant other feel about your love of Disney?

My story:I've been dating a wonderful woman for almost a year now and we really "met" on a Disneyland trip. Before the trip we knew each other but never really talked much. She came with us at the last minute (I went with my roommate and his girlfriend...who is also my sister) and I'm so glad she did! I knew she was the perfect person for me when we were driving home back to Sacramento and we both looked at the back of the same truck in front of us. On the back of the truck were some circles that looked like mickey mouse shapes and she said to me:"Hey Erik, hidden mickeys!". I was hooked. She isn't quite the Disneyland fan that I am but I think she has learned to accept my craziness. However, she is terrified that my next apartment with Retlaw_Yensid is going to be a Disneyland shrine...

• Huh?

Why not? I think a MiceChat dating service would be great for those of us that are a bit *too* lonely!
    -Tim

• e komo mai

My partner, Ralphie, is a Disney Muggle. He will go to Disneyland every now and then but I don't drag him there any more. He enjoyed Disneyland Paris and dispised WDW, but hey to each his own.
    It used to bother me that he didn't find it interesting, but it doesn't any more. It's actually a good balance. I'm obsessed, he's not.

• Santa Barbara, CA

There needs to be a disneyphile dating advice thread.

What topics and rides are taboo on during that first hook up? Do you Blue Bayou or hit the third deck of the Mark on the first outing? Or blather on about your pin collection at Redd Rocket's?

My sense is that you avoid ultimate geekdom till you know your date is up for the nuances of peeling paint. Character undies are ok, but lose the nose pin from Mission Space. Look in her eyes and say "dole whip" really slow just to see what she's up for. Me thinks that a few belts and appetizers at House of Blues, then the Monorail, and a quiet walk. Then blow her away by your low key hangs like listening to the upstairs windows on Main Street with ice cream (addresses that you are sensitive type). Talk to the coke corner pianist a bit too long so she isn't sure of your orientation, then it's all the dark rides and see what happens. End with the fireworks and then steam an attraction poster off the wall of the train station and give it to her as a parting gift. Done deal.

No pin trading or dissing Pressler, it's a turn off.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Waiting for the stork

I am compleatly Disney obsessed, my Husband is not. He likes (a lot) Disneyland and loves that I am so nuts about it that I plan trips as oftain as funds will allow. He sais when I plan anything (especialy Disney related) that I get all goofy and excited and he thinks it's cute.
    He used to complain that I over plan our trips to death, but now he knows that my planning ensures that we do everything everyone wants (without breaking the bank) and have plenty of time to just relax in the park.

He laughs at me though because we are raising (through my obsession) two disney nuts our 10 yr old is more like daddy, she likes it , she's excited, life is good. Our 5 yr old is definatly his mothers son...He is obsessed, he looks at brouchures for fun, he watches old WDtravel tapes, he draws maps to DLR ant he knows what P-O-T-C means....He is my Disney buddy all the way.
    procrastibating

• A Little Rabid

I currently have a boyfriend who I've been with for two years. Currently I'm mad at him because he didn't even bother doing anything for our anniversary this past 19th. Pah!
    Anyways, he comes from a long line of Disney Enthusiasts and knows as much facts about the kingdom and films as I do. His family collects almost anything Disney. There's a Sorceror Mickey statue sitting on their coffee table, their fridge is covered in magnets from WDW and almost every other thing is Mouse Shaped, like a Hidden Mickey! Just a shame that all that romance has never passed down to him. Sigh.

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Why not? I think a MiceChat dating service would be great for those of us that are a bit *too* lonely!
    Interesting idea! They could add a board for singles. Single rider board? I think I heard that somewhere.

• I like Cheese...

I can see it now:

SWM, identifies with DD. Enjoys long walks in DTD and loves POTC, prefers DL to DCA seeks SWF for extended visits to DLR, cruises through IASW and romantic dinners at BB. Premium AP preferred, but any AP OK.

• Zapp's Minion :D

My bf and I go to Disneyland together 2 times a year. He dosen't understand why I love Disney so much. He doens't like to watch movies with me and he can't stand the Disney store. But he doesn't mind that I want to move to LA to work in the Movie Industry.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    My boyfriend is almost as crazy as I am. I don't think he thought about Disney before we were together. Now after 7 years he is a nut too. But he wouldn't let me convince him we could leave for a trip 2 days ago. I had a plan at 11pm on Saturday to go to Safeway and buy tickets, if we left at 1am from Sac we would be at the park for opening. Unfortunatly I am still at home. He finally joined Mice Chat a few days ago too.

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    I had a plan at 11pm on Saturday to go to Safeway and buy tickets, if we left at 1am from Sac we would be at the park for opening.
    This is something I like to joke about with my girlfriend or Retlaw.

So if we get on I-5 in about half an hour we could get to the park by opening...

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Whats his screename? I leave Sac in the middle of the night to get to the Park at opening.
    You mentioned going to Woodstock Pizza in a previous post. Are you talking about the one in Davis? I was just by there yesterday. What part of Sac do you live in?

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emelius_Browne
    You mentioned going to Woodstock Pizza in a previous post. Are you talking about the one in Davis? I was just by there yesterday. What part of Sac do you live in?
    Yup, It was in "Whats for Dinner" thread. I live in the Natomas area, you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast