View Poll Results: What high school year did you like the most?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freshman year

7 14.58%
  • Sophmore year

2 4.17%
  • Junior year

9 18.75%
  • Senior year

30 62.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: What High School grade did you enjoy the most?

My high school sucked, but I spent the first half of senior year on foreign exchange in England, so that was my best year.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I picked Junior year because Senior year sucked. But, now that I think about it, Sophomore year was better. Junior year, right after Christmas, all of our Dad's went off to fight in Desert Storm. We were Army brats, living in the middle of Germany, not many other American's around. We had bomb threats damn near daily at school, protestors blocking the gates so the bus couldn't take us home, etc. But, our Dad's came home around April and my Dad promptly put in to return to the States. So we did, right before Senior year started. I was so sad, but understood him wanting to get out of there at that time. Most of my friends also left, so I wasn't really missing out on them, but I went to a public school for the first time where everyone had been friends since they were infants and didn't really have room for me, or care to get to know me.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Just Me

Ummm...it is a toss up between Sophomore and Senior. My Soph year, at the begining of the school year, I found out we had to move. I cried for about 20 mins, and then a BITCH on the volleyball team started in on me and I realized that it was the fresh start I had been begging for. I had a BLAST that year. I was able to tell off those who needed it, without any fear of paybacks. I gained the confidence to not take any crap from anyone. It was wonderful. I still have a memory of the final track meet of the year, walking out to the track with my best friend. I got into more trouble because of her, she was very pretty and very built and I am the kind of person that NO ONE messes with my friends. The clique had a thing against her. They started taunting us as we walked past them. We both dropped them a low flying "bird" as we passed. They came after us. I refused to run. Once they realized I was not backing down they panicked and took off.

My Senior year started off shaky. 7 days after my 17th b-day on Sept 17th, I was driving to school when an underclassman ran out in front of me. It was that week when I realized how many friends I really had. The rest of the year was great. I joined choir so I could go on the trip to Dland (I cant really sing). I got away with a lot because of my looks, no one expected anything bad from me. I got to decide which roles in drama I wanted, or if I would rather run the stage. I got to tell off a no-it-all who tried to tell me I was not allowed to be near the stage the day before a competition. I could hear her in the dressing room throwing a chair around because I walked right past her as I told her that that rule did NOT apply to me. When the drama teacher found out she got another talking to. I had a really kick-back schedual, only 2 classes in the morning and ROP in the afternoon. ROP was for ornamental horticulture. The first semester we spent at Bakersfield College in the greenhouses, the 2nd we did all of the landscaping at the Bakersfield Adult School/ROP Center. This was also the year that I began smoking pot and drinking (the hard drugs came later). Again, I got away with alot because of my looks.

High school was enjoyable, but not something I would ever want to do again. I didn't even get an invite to our 10 yr reunion, not that I would have gone. I still have people coming up to me, "Aren't you Carin?" I say yes, and they say they went to school with me. I don't ever have a clue who they are. All I can stammer is that it has been 19 years and my most of my memory away 18 yrs ago.

• The one on the left.

I have to go with Junior year. It was the last year before my friend Tank graduated. It was the year we changed the name of the Satinsky Drinking team to the Yellow Liver Club. It was the year that I wrote my first masterpiece "The Attack of the Killer Doritos" not to mention the sequel "Revenge of the Killer Doritos".

I almost miss those days.

Carry on.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• Circle of Ancients

Someone else just asked me that the other day!!!

I LOVED freshman year!!!

I met my best friend in the locker room wneh I yelled "Does anybody have some socks I can borrow?" It turned out we were on the swim team together and we had the best times. We made friends with a bunch of other freshmen girls then hooked up with a bunch of junior guys and did everything together for two years.....concerts, sporting events, proms,parties, pranks etc. It was sad when the guys graduated but the girls and I have stayed in touch all these years.

• lol

So far, Freshman year has been awesome.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My senior trip was to disneyland and that was dang fun! Only the graduating seniors got to go and WE HAD NO SUPERVISION WHAT-SO-EVER!!! It was so cool. Once we got to Disneyland, The chaperones only told us that we can go in groups if we wanted to, otherwise just have fun roaming around by yourself. They gave us cell phone numbers for the teachers who would be supervising at Disneyland in case of an emergency and they told us only to meet together when the park was closing. It was so awsome. Me, my friend, my english teacher (who was really cool), and her nephew first rode pooh and thunder mtn. and had clam chowder in the sourdough bread rolls at the french market and we all went our seperate ways from there. The four of us them met up again at the pizza place across from World of Disney and had dinner. It was really cool.

• So fetch

My freshman year was the best. There wasn't as much Mean Girls drama that year. All the freshman went to one school (known as the freshman campus, original huh?). At the end of year we had a class trip to Disneyland. This was back in the old days of 1996 so we didn't have any cell phones. We didn't know it at the time but my friend and I were super late to the bus to go home. Turns out they waited 45 minutes just for us. It was worth the dirty looks because we were watching the Main Street Electrical Parade Oops Good times.

• Again! Again! Again!

Fresh and Soph year sucked. They were highly uneventful. Jr year would have been the best, but half way through the year, I had a falling out with a few of my friends. And I got suspended from school with a 45 day athletic suspension. I let down my team and my friends. But the track coach wanted me back on the team as soon as it was up. She practically begged me. That made me feel a little better. But my senior year was by far the most fun. So, that's what I chose!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• I can't stand you.

Freshmen year was the worst but after that it was all good times but senior year with out a doubt only havin classes a day and goin home at 11 was grand plus the whole Prom King thing ahhh i feel old

• Banned User

Sr Year, How evil could 3 periods of Band be.. lol, that and I got in National Honor Society.

• Rock Star Minion

Senior year. Took only four classes over a seven-hour day. Best grades I got, ever, I think. Included calculus.
    Had an after-school job near the school, had a girlfriend who went to a different school (so I didn't get sick of being with her all week), went to Spring Break in F.L., FL (when it was still allowed) four guys crammed into a Camaro driving 1000+ miles straight each way.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• My prices are INSANE!

I hated all 4 years of my internment in High School.

Now college was different story.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    I hated all 4 years of my internment in High School.

I barely remember my sophomore year of college.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Senior year was definately the best. I had no car and no freedom during freshman and sophomore year and my junior year I was bombarded by ap classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    True dat.
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast