View Poll Results: What high school year did you like the most?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freshman year

7 14.58%
  • Sophmore year

2 4.17%
  • Junior year

9 18.75%
  • Senior year

30 62.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

What High School grade did you enjoy the most?

I liked my Junior year because we weren't new, like freshmans, and we did not have to worry about what would happen if we did not pass senior year. To me, being a junior is like being a senior with less responsibilities.

• /sigh

Re: What High School grade did you enjoy the most?

I had a lot of fun my sophomore year. My jr yr sucked, in fact, I blocked out most of it. Senior year was pretty good.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Interesting. I just had my 20th high school reunion in July so I've been thinking of all sorts of high school memories this year.

I know Sophomore and Junior were my hardest and I didnt care for them at all, Freshmen was ok. I'd have to say Senior because so many memories happened that year.

• Happy Memories

We were supposed to "enjoy" high school? I can't say that any year was truly more enjoyable than another. If forced to pick one, i'd probably have to go with senior year. Not because I had a lot of fun partying and such, but because I didn't have a very big work load with my classes. In fact, I spent half my day living in my comfort zone, the art department. Took every available art class, plus got passes out of study hall and often other classes just to go hang out there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I barely graduated high school. My graduation all came down to me passing my economics class which I had a bad grade in. So the day of my economics final came and went. A few days later, my econ. teacher told me that he was surprised that I passed the test because his grading scale was a little off. So I was extremely happy that now knowing that I had a good GPA to graduate. Then came graduation day where I almost did not get to walk because I forgot my ID to get into the building. I could not do anything else because my house was an hour away, the traffic was bad, my relatives were already inside of the building, and I did not have the car keys. So luckily, like an angel from heaven, when I was at the check in table and right after I told them I did not have my ID, my Current Events teacher walked by and he was able to ID me and let me in. I am so thankful to him to this day even though he passed away a year or two ago.

• /sigh

My parents didn't make it to my graduation. That sucked big time. I was holding back tears as I walked. I still hold a 'little' grudge about that.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• WARNING!

Not doubt about it, my senior year.
    I had my license and a car... Freedom-

• Man O Lantern

Wow. High School.

I went to a cruddy little high school in a cruddy little town on the Oregon coast during a time when logging was not going well, and neither was fishing.

My freshman year was okay....I played volleyball and ran track. I had a good group of friends, but confidence was extremely low, and I had a boyfriend who cheated on me and smoked pot. The senior guys were good friends back then and remain really good friends now. Awesome group of people. I can't imagine my life without them!!

My sophomore year....not okay. My boyfriend's best friend died in a car accident the night of our Homecoming dance. Six weeks later, five guys from my class died in another car accident. A girl a year older died in a motorcycle accident. We all partied hard, most of my friends started smoking pot and my boyfriend continued to spiral downward. We broke up just after he graduated in June. He cried everyday over his best friend.

My junior year....I quit drinking over the summer, started to pull away when others were partying, my ex-boyfriend killed himself, which tore me up forever, I got straight A's all year for the first time since 8th grade and I dated a senior all year. All things considered, it was an okay year.

My senior year.....my neighbor and good friend committed suicide, my parents got divorced, I broke up with my boyfriend and I was stalked by a 25 year old until I got a restraining order against him. I skipped school a lot and started partying a little by the end of the year.

Soooo. Long story short, it seems like my freshman year would have been the best, but I actually think my junior year was pretty good. A lot of positive things happened for me, just when I could have fallen apart.

We went through a lot when we were in high school, so our group is still pretty tight. We didn't have a lot of cliques, being so small, so I pretty know everyone from back then. We don't all have things in common anymore, but I know I can call anyone from my class and talk for hours about anything and everything. And that group of guys who were seniors when I was a freshman--all turned out wonderfully. They're all professionals, good-looking, and most of them live near me now and we still get together a lot. I them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    My parents didn't make it to my graduation. That sucked big time. I was holding back tears as I walked. I still hold a 'little' grudge about that.

That sucks. My brother and his girlfriend did not make it to mine but they made it to the after party. So that was pretty cool.

Oh speaking of my after party, we went to a high end restaurant called Mr Stox (I think that's how it's spelled) in Southern California. My Grandma was there and she is the type of person who likes to pay for everything when it comes to having celebrations. So my parents did not want her to pay the large bill and they secretly asked the waitress to hand them the bill rather than hand the bill to my grandma. So the bill finally came, and my grandma realized that my parents had tricked her. She got upset, got out of her chair, tried to grab the bill from my dad but instead got his wallet, and she threw his wallet all the way across the room. I promise you that is the most funniest thing I have ever experienced. LOL

• /sigh

Wow, Stink...wow.

• Minion

My Senior year...school was almost done, I had wheels (red mg), very little supervision (mom was going through stuff), fun friends (read - parties), essentially a free spirit...

Within six weeks of graduation reality set in as I worked full time and moved out...that was the end of my free spirited, young life.
    Boo!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh and my high school was pretty cruddy because the security was bad. Infact most people recognized my school only because of the numerous fight that broke out every week. Plus there was gum everywhere, teens went into bathrooms to smoke pot, a teacher who many people believed was gay was picked on by the students and had horrible pranks pulled on him, and the teacher who helped ID me on graduation day ate a laced cookie that some of his students baked for him in their food class.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh and to add to my last comment, the security guards were fat and rode around in golf carts all day because they were lazy.

I liked my senior year best because that was the year I learned to tell the rest of the world to go take a hike, and do my own thing. I went to movies by myself if I wanted to, I went to restaurants if I wanted to, and I didn't worry about waiting to see if someone would go with me.

Very instructive. I had previously tried to fit in, look like everybody else, like what "normal" people liked, and that was a miserable failure. So now I did what I wanted, and hang public opinion. I used to confuse people because I would randomly be quite dressed up at school, for no reason other than I wanted to wear that outfit. No more perms that made me look like a scared poodle, no more trying to curl my hair to look "that" particular way, no more wearing makeup because everybody else did.

I read the books I wanted to without apology, watched the tv shows that I wanted to. I watched a lot of PBS, they carried the British shows.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh and the funniest thing ever about the school was two things....

1) There is a man that we called "Bulldog" who always sat in the boys bathroom to monitor it. and every time people were coming in, leaving, or even going to the bathroom he would say "hey bouldawg! Still getting those straight A's?" and various other comments. It was pretty creepy.

2) Everyday at 12 a teacher would come over the intercom to do voices and every day he started his announcements like this "Goooooooooooooooodddddddddddd morning ----- High this is K-d-o-g. Kdog!"

It was funny. Me and my friend still make fun of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast