Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Am I the only animation geek around?

Please tell me I'm not. I could spend all day discussing the relative merits of conventional 2-D cell animation vs computer-animated, Disney vs Dreamworks and Warner Bros, etc.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• lol

Re: Am I the only animation geek around?

I am!

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

So have you gotten the Toy Story 10th Ann. Sp.Ed. DVD yet? DH brought me a copy home yesterday in order to appease my wrath over what I would've done to him had he NOT bought it. And it totally rocks..except for the Crane Game (which kind of sucks).

TOV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I like to draw and animate with my flash animation 5.0 program. I got it in 2001 and still have a lot of new things to teach myself.

• U. B. Bold

I'm an animation junky from way back. Just check out my avatar.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Love the avatar, BigThunder.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• lol

The 10th anniversary edition of Toy Story looks boss!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Walt Disney is my idol. I appreciate everything about animation. I always laugh at Hanna-Barberra's animated stuff like the Flintstones though because when the characters run around, the background images keep repeating themselves. Heck when I saw Fred chasing Dino last in the living room, they ran past the same exact chair almost 10 times! I love Disney because they do not do that. When you watch a classic Disney cartoon, Mickey will never be seen walking or running past the same thing twice.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

OMG...what has HAPPENED to Hanna-Barbera? It used to be a totally awesome animation company but now it seems kind of...eh. Like their whole future is riding on a crapped-out version of Scooby Doo. Have you even SEEN some of their latest SD offerings? *dies*

I am also a big fan of the early years stuff from Goldbluth Studios (American Tale, Secret of NIMH, All Dogs Go to Heaven and Rock-a-Doodle, as well as the first two Land Before Time movies). It used to be a kickass studio until well..like a lot of others it went down the friggin tubes.

Am I the only one who has seen (and LIKED,also, for that matter) Quest for Camelot? It seems like the only decent animated offering Warner Bros has had for awhile. Well..ok..so there was Animaniacs and the spin off, Pinky and the Brain. But as far as animation goes, Warner Bros just don't seem to have it no more, which is kind of sad.

TOV

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I have been an animation/cartoon fanatic as far back as I can remember. I have several books on animation/cartoon history. I watch any animated thing. I love the CGI stuff, from the early stuff to the most recent. I have several of the Minds Eye videos. I bought the Animation Master program at a conference a few months ago, but the company is still trying to get it to work properly with my operating system (Tiger 10.4.2). Once it works I want to do some of my own animation, providing I can learn the program. Not getting any younger around here. Nice to see someone else as devoted to the cause as me!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I'm not really into making animation, but I do enjoy watching it quite a bit and reading about it.

I'm the kind of geek who'll buy a sp.ed. dvd of an animated movie JUST for the extra 'behind the scenes' bits. When I got BatB sp. ed for Christmas last year, I think I watched the 'not-quite-ready' version of the film two or three times before I settled back and watched it the way it was intended to be seen. Though I DO have to say..adding in the "We'll be Human Again" number seemed a little odd and didn't quite jive to me.

As did the "Morning Report" number that was added into TLK sp.ed.. IMO, they should've added in something to further the story along (like Madness of King Scar) not just something to stick in 'just cuz'. YMMV.

TOV

• Basking in birthday love

Oh geez, I'm such a nut about special features on DVDs. I shelled out $90 for the Ultimate Toy Box, which has both Toy Story movies and a full disc of special features. I pirate music freely, but I must own DVDs.

I liked "Human Again," even though it has a very Broadway feel (especially the bridge). "Morning Report" just blows, I always make sure to select the old version of the film when I watch the DVD. I think "Morning Report" blows on stage as well, for the record. Now if they could have added the Lionesses' Lament, I would have been very happy.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Rainicorn.

I used to be a huge animation freak when I was younger. I do love watching DVDs and seeing special features, especially on the recent Aladdin DVD. The segments on there were so juicy and full of information!

I am a fan of "Human Again"; it's a touching number and all that jazz... neutral on "Morning Report". I hope they don't add anothe rsong to the Little Mermaid release in '06.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Nope your not...i love the art of animation

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I hope they don't add anothe rsong to the Little Mermaid release in '06.
    I think TLM is safe, as it has not been made into a Broadway musical the way BatB and TLK have.

Lioness' lament would've been a SUPER choice to put in, but of course they had to do something STUPID.

I can't wait till TLM comes out on DVD...I missed buying it the last go-round and boy was I PISSED. Oh well. I'm going to by Cinderella when that comes out in Oct. I can't hardly WAIT..even though I'm not a HUGE princess fan. I still love the movie cuz it's so romantic. *swoon*

TOV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast