Thread: Disney Burnout?

• Santa Barbara, CA

Disney Burnout?

How many of you go through periods of just OD-ing on Disney (or the negative whine) and burnout on it? I get fried on it and take a break and then return with various levels of interest. Anyone ever have to find a diversion from corporate greed, precious memories, piracy, and images of construction fences?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Greetings, Program!

The ticket prices burned me out a while ago. I used to go at least 5 times a year in the 90's, but now the occasional year will go by without me going beyond the main gates. Downtown Disney lately is enough to satisfy my Disney jones.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• e komo mai

I don't get to go to DL as much as before. But when do I go to the park, I spend two or three days there straight. After that, I'm pretty much okay with not being there for a couple of months. I get my fill of the crowds, the lines, the refurb walls, the expensive stuff, etc. However, when I get the urge to go to the park. I must go.

• Man O Lantern

I burnt out last year. From October 2002 to October 2003, I figured I spent 17 12-16 hour days at Disneyland in one year. That was just too much. My six year old (who was 4-5 at the time) was with me on 15 of those days and she was burnt out, bigtime.

But by the end of 2004 (14 month hiatus), I had to have another fix, so we went for five days in December.....and I have 2-3 fixes planned for 2005, including a 50th celebration trip in July, my daughter's fifth birthday in December and hopefully a trip with my youngest (she of crossed eyes in my avatar) before both of those trips. :o

And then I'll be burnt out again. Right?

• I like Cheese...

We are actually on the opposite end. We used to go at least once every 2 weeks, sometimes more when we lived in the OC, starting in 1998. now that we live in Scottsdale our Disney fixes come less frequently. No burnout here. The bummer is that I'm going over this week and I have so many meetings I won't have time to go

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I don't get to go to DL as much as before. But when do I go to the park, I spend two or three days there straight. After that, I'm pretty much okay with not being there for a couple of months. I get my fill of the crowds, the lines, the refurb walls, the expensive stuff, etc. However, when I get the urge to go to the park. I must go.
    GC- I feel the same way. I try to go to DL atleast every 2 months. I get my disneyland fill for a few days, spend tons $$$ and hang out with my friends. Then I'll can make it until my next trip. Last year I drove down there just for a few hours and Last month my bf dropped me off for a few hours.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I wish I had the opportunity to see if I could get burnt out.

• Minion

Disney Burnout

I was on the Westcot 2000 board for several years and enjoyed a very close relationship with Disneyland and many of it's former executives and cast members. When plans were scrapped and then a few months later the new plans for Downtown Disney and DCA were presented, we started anew to promote the development in Orange County and especially Anaheim.

During the construction phase we attended many special events such as the opening of Toontown, The Festival of Fools tv spot film shoot, etc. V.I.P. parties for Downtown Disney's opening, DCA and dinners at Club 33, Candlelight and balcony viewings of Fantasmic were always spectacular -- impeccibly produced and hosted.

Following the official opening of DCA I have only been in the parks twice and neither of them for nearly three years. A move to the Coachella Valley has been part of the problem but it just seemed to me that I saw the entire operation from a very different viewpoint than as a visitor and it was time to distance myself.

I've been thinking lately that perhaps a visit to DL should be scheduled and maybe even DCA for a look at TofT and the Alladin show. I'd also like to see the facelift DL has been given. It certainly needed some attention in recent years and I'm happy to see it being done, even if it took the 50th Anniversary to get the money allocated. I'm sure these few years of separation will give me a whole new perspective of the place.

• no flash photography...

yes....I have burn out right now. I can only ride the same rides so many times. yeah, they are good rides, but they don't change...LOL..I'll be renewing my passes in March when I play MA. I let them expire back in dec. My next trip will be 3/11-3/13 and I'm most excited to meet people from the boards and play MA....I haven't grown bored of TOT or any DCA rides yet......I think I mostly burn out on dealing with crowds....