Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

ZITS.... a COMMON PROBLEM....FOR ADULTS?

Fellow micechatters, I have dilema, I have used many facial cleansers and occasionally still get some acne, I wash my face twice a day.

I'm looking for some recommendations. Im 34, and just want to end this. Ive use Neutragena products, but im not seeing the results.

sO PLEASE give me some help!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• no flash photography...

Re: ZITS.... a COMMON PROBLEM....FOR ADULTS?

hmmmm....if your female you could try birth control pills. Other than that i use clean and clear morning burst. I also use a toner, but astringent may help more. I bought astringent for my daughter and her skin is clearing up. Other than that for spot break outs I use clean and clear persa gel 10.

•   
    • So fetch

I didn't start getting zits until I was 21! I rarely got them as a teen. I use clean and clear face wash when I remember to buy it.

• Senior Minion

But where do you suggest finding these? thanks
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

sometimes with acne, its a matter of balance- if you wash your face too much then that can aggrivate your skin even more. The oils that naturallu occur on your skin help to balance it out and if you wash too much, you disturb that balance.

Try using a gentle cleaner in the shower (or in the morning if you shower at night) and then add toner and treatment gel at night. Only treat the affected areas. Another thing to remember is use products made my the same company as the ingredients are meant to work together.

Stay away from anything that is rough or exfoliates as this will only irritate your skin further. If you must exfoliate, only do it once a week.

I feel your pain- I have been dealing with acne since I was very young, and now at 23, I wonder if I will ever be free of it!

Check out www.sephora.com - they have a great acne products section that allows you to customize a regimine. They also carry higher end products than your normal drugstore and will allow you to return anything that does not work or you are unhappy with, even if you use them for a few weeks.

If worse comes to worse, see a dermatologist.
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-08-2005 at 07:48 PM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    But where do you suggest finding these? thanks
    I buy mine from Target/Wal-mart or the supermarket. I did a quick google search and the one I use is "Clean and Clear: Deep Action Cream Cleanser." It works really well for myself and my husband

• Senior Minion

Do any of you use anything other than a wash cloth? Anything abrasive or soft? Im going to check these out.I always wondered about Sephora, if they had anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Do any of you use anything other than a wash cloth? Anything abrasive or soft? Im going to check these out.I always wondered about Sephora, if they had anything.
    I but all the clean and clear stuff at target. The toner is loreal, but clean and clear does have an astrigent. That's what my daughetr uses. As for the washing part.....I spalsh lukewarm water on my face, then wash witht he soap. Spalsh soap off of eyes and then scrub the rest off with a wash cloth, then I splash with warm water again...dry...then apply toner...before bed I apply persa gel 10...I'm not sure what my daughter does, btu when she's done the sink still looks nice...when I'm done it looks liek it rained all over the sink...LOL

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I use a washcloth- Theroetically, you are suppossed to "flush you face" like they do on tv- throw water on your face, but that doesn't usually work out too well for me.

Lots of companies make soft washcloths with the product already in them, you just wet them, like a mini facial. I have never really tried them though.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Senior Minion

Im going to try both methods, as well as each product. I know that I can't get rid of it entirely, but it is a start.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I was also told by my dermatologist to use this soap called Purpose by Johnson & Johnson. It's a really simple, basic, face-friendly soap that is really gentle to your skin. It comes in either a bar or a liquid, whatever you would prefer. Or, if you want another gentle soap, Cetaphil. Hope that helps!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

go see a dermatologist, you might be over cleanning your skin. If you have an extra $5000 laying around you could get you face laser resurfaced. it's won't clear it 100% but it does change the skin. Hey, my friends at 10yrs. younger are still looking for people? it would then be free??
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It might not have anything to do with how clean your skin is. It might just be a bad case of acne in which case a dermatologist may recommend you be put on medication. Or if you are on another medication for something completely different it might be giving you the acne. If you havn't seen one ya might wanna think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I use a washcloth- Theroetically, you are suppossed to "flush you face" like they do on tv- throw water on your face, but that doesn't usually work out too well for me.
    yes, thats what I do after the soap is off to get off the rest of the residue. My sink gets drenched, btu I clean it up...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    It might not have anything to do with how clean your skin is. It might just be a bad case of acne in which case a dermatologist may recommend you be put on medication. Or if you are on another medication for something completely different it might be giving you the acne. If you havn't seen one ya might wanna think about it.
    My nextstep will be the doctor, and I am just starting to research this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast