• Shablagoo!

NW Micechat Bolt meet

Hi everyone. Well we had another NW meet Saturday and the group had a lot of fun.

First the stats....
    Attending Micechatters...5
    Melonballer
    Tinkermonkey
    Simply Mad
    LLEBREKNIT
    And a very cold Knittingknerd.

Total Attendance with family and Gabe was 11.

We had lunch at Panera Bread then headed off to see Bolt. I enjoyed the film. While I would not say it is as good as the Pixar films of the last few years, it is still very nice. Mittens was my favorite character.

Anyway after the film we went off to have coffee and talk Disney for a bit. I made Molasses cookies for the crew. Ok now for a few pics.

I did not take many pictures. I know others got some more, so hopefully they will post.

The group with 3D glasses on!

And here is a pic of Gabe. Knittingknerd is training him to be a hero to someone in the future. Not everyone gets to say they saw Bolt ( a movie about a heroic white dog) with an actual hero dog.

And that is it for me. Like I said, hopefully some of our other attendees can chime in with more.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: NW Micechat Bolt meet

I didn't take any pictures (Gabe was being a puppy...). But I will say you guys are so nice! Yay! Totally welcomed me into the cold weather, thank you! Sorry if Gabe was jumpy and wild. He LOVES kids, but not used to them. In CA our friends have kids and he just gets to play with them non-stop and here he was working and there were kids didn't really know what to do. And MB- yummy cookies!

Review on Bolt: Best movie to see with a Service Dog (or future Service Dog). It was really sappy towards the end and having the pup there (who is going to be someone's hero someday), so having Gabe there was nice. I was kinda' bummed Bolt didn't see a seeing eye dog or therapy dog in the movie or there wasn't a PSA about real super hero dogs. But I now want a hamster.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Sniff, sniff... so sad we didn't get to see you guys (and get to meet kk). There was DRAMA (four kids' schedules on a Saturday) at our house, so we didn't get there. I kept telling time4recess that I needed to post and tell you all we weren't coming, and then more DRAMA (hand to forehead... you get the idea).

Ann and Tiff - we miss you guys!

KK - welcome to the NW and sorry you are cold, but good friends will warm your heart. You have just met some of the nicest people I know.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I love seeing meets outside of Disneyland. Glad y'all had fun!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

We had a great time - and love love love the movie. I've already posted a simple review of it in the review thread, but I'll say this much: my hubby isn't the LOL type and he was laughing a LOT during the movie. It's really just a great story and has the animation to go with it.

Seeing friends always makes the day better. I didn't take a LOT of pictures - and mostly the ones I took were of the kids as we all enjoyed our coffee with Anthony's very yummy cookies. (My kids were really wishing mom had brought more home when the last one was gone of the 3 extra we had)

Having Gabe with us made things interesting, My son isn't sure what to do around animals as we don't have any and he hasn't been exposed to them as much as my daughter has. Between the 4 year old boy and the puppy that has reached his "adolescence" stage, it was a fun challenge.

Here's the new background on my phone...

(although the pic I took with my phone doesn't have the Yes Man poster in the reflection as far as I can see)

Group shot without 3-D glasses on (my hubby was there...but he was acting as our photographer for the moment)

We stood outside the theater for a while - and called NewguY (gotta call someone from every NW meet - it's just what we do!) so welcome NewguY to the list of almost honorary kinda NW MC'ers!

Then we realized while the kids were fine because they were running around playing some version of tag or hide and seek or keep away from the scary daddy, we were all freeeeeeezing. The suggestion was made for coffee & other warmth and off we marched to Cutter's Point Coffee. A local coffee place that makes a very good cup of coffee.

The boys were starting to wind down...

while others were intently listening to Simply Mad - pretty sure she was describing her amazing view for the World of Color testing during her recent trip to DL.

(wishing they had seen the testing themselves?)

and the girls? they were doing just fine sending each other messages while sitting together. At least their mom's sat on opposite ends of the theater row while doing the same thing a few hours earlier...

I do love how all the kids get along and find things to do so the parents can have some visiting time!

Thanks for setting this up, Anthony! Can't wait to see everyone again - and hopefully before Up! comes out in June!
    Last edited by tinkermonkey; 11-24-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Shablagoo!

OH MY LORD! Not only did this thread get picked up on the Micechat Roundup, but it was the editor's Pick! Woo-Hoo! We rock.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Wow. We are awesome. No, we are beyond awesome. We are BEYOWESOME!!!

(I can't get enough of Rhino...)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Wow. We are awesome. No, we are beyond awesome. We are BEYOWESOME!!!

(I can't get enough of Rhino...)
    Rhino made me want to get a hamster, even though I hate hamsters, and am more of a guinea pig girl (guinea pigs are like little jelly beans with personalities).

Yay! We are editors pick! I went over a giant scary bridge (twice!) to be part of an editor's pick!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I love that Mice Chatters can get together in places outside the parks. What a great trip report! Thanks for sharing.