Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Tell us about your Black Friday Experience: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
    Is it me or did it just seem that the deals just were not as good as they have been in past years?

I mean last year there were at least 4 items that were door busters that I had wanted, this year just two and even then I thought the discounts just weren't as good as past times.
    Indeed, the deals on computers were WEAK this year.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

two more deaths at a Toys R Us in Palm Desert. Two people shot each other.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    I just heard that on KCAL. But they're saying that it doesn't appear to be related directly to black Friday but to a domestic disupute between the victims. Not that this didn't effect the people shopping there though...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post

Sigh, that is pretty ugly. People are idiots. I just don't get it sometimes. In a Toys'R'Us of all places. I'm glad that there weren't any other casualties... especially kids.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post

This is just insane. Between the guy in NY who was killed by a mob at Walmart and this shooting, the whole Black Friday thing gets more out of control every year.

The McDonalds up the street from us opened at 3:00 AM just for the early shoppers.

All that aside, I haven't done black friday shopping in about 15 years. Last year I did almost all my Christmas shopping online, and will do so again this year. If you're not one of the first 40 people in the door for those flat screens or computers, you're out of luck. It's like playing the lottery. And the insane lines and crowds. Who needs that kind of frustration?

Give me a cup of coffee, a good college football game, and Amazon.com and I'm all set.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Good thing we don't have Black Friday here in Canada, however, our big shopping day is Dec 26. No wonder they call it Boxing Day.

I spent my friday shoveling snow. We had our first snow fall today. Perfect timing as today was the first day we also turned on our outdoor Christmas lights. Had to do the Griswold drum roll "ddrrrrrrrrrrr...."

• no flash photography...

I went to work and dealt with more idiots in one day than i normally have to deal with in a week and then it dawned on me why I always take the day after thanksgiving off. No, I don't work retail.

My BF went really well this year. Stayed up all night hitting the online sales before heading out. I got most of my shopping done except for Sports Authority and Bath and Body Works. Well then I got an e-mail from Amazon.com that I had won a chance in the "Customer Vote" for a PS3 bundle. That changed everything in my plans. I had to be home at the computer at 6:30AM to try to "win" it.

So I went to Sports Authority, they were handing out Bonus Buck scratch cards to the first 100 shoppers. I was there in time to get one but really I just went there for the buy one get one 1/2 off on socks. Well imagine my surprise when I checked my scratch ticket and won $300!!!!

Back home I went to try for the PS3 on Amazon, didn't get it at the $199 price but I did get it for $299. Came with some TV series on Bluray called "Firefly" and a Star Wars game, also a remote control. Seemed like a good deal, hope it was anyway.

So then I decided to go to B&BW but as luck would have it that shopping center was once again handing out gift cards to the first 1000 shoppers in line. Last year I won $25 there and this year I also won $25! I started to wonder if I was actually going to "make money" this BF.

Once home hubby wanted to head out to Guitar Center to get his studio monitors. Well they didn't have the right ones so they gave him the deluxe model which is $100+ more for less then the cheaper ones, how crazy is that? He was so happy on that deal.

Then we went to Sports Authority to spend the $300 I won earlier. It had to be spent today. So hubby got a weight bench and set, my oldest son got a mini trampoline and my youngest son got a soccer ball. My boys left Sports Authority very happy! I was happy since it was all FREE!!!!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Got up at 3:30am to do work.. sent the wife to sears to check out the washer/dryer sales. She bought a pair for 1k... the real cheap pair (almost 50% off) wasn't worth it.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Little Miss Sunshine

I like Firefly, it was a good (one season) series.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Holy cow JJ I thought you were kidding....

Worker dies in Black Friday store rush - 11/28/08 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

That is freaking nuts.... now a family will be without their loved one this holiday season because people wanted THINGS. It was so much more important to them to get into that store no matter what so they could buy even more crap that they didn't even CARE that they killed someone??

That is beyond sick.... and a very sad statement to what we have become has a society that we value a deal on some piece of THING over the value of another human being....

How proud they must be to be able to tell people, "Yeah, we trampled some guy to death but by god we saved $10 on that *insert name of whatever the hell item here*."
    As I told others Pengy. Hopefully those responsible will remember the person they killed, and his family, when their children open up the presents on Christmas day.

Yeah, but people can be more stubborn than Donkeys sometime. I hate saying that, but they're selfishness.

Give me a cup of coffee, a good college football game, and Amazon.com and I'm all set.
    I think all smart people shop on Amazon for Christmas .

• Goofy

i guess the stupid people rule this world

• Guardian Construct

Spent black Friday at home with hubby and kids and sooooo glad i did!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    Indeed, the deals on computers were WEAK this year.
    The best laptop deal so far this year came before Black Friday.... when both Best Buy & Wal-Mart offered those $299 laptops a couple weeks ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast