Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• I Can Show You the World

Tell us about your Black Friday Experience: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

I'll go first...

I got up at 330am, got to Sears at 430 and there wasn't a soul outside the door I had walked up to. I thought how cool is this. Sitting there for 10 minutes a few other people started to show up and then a store security guard came over and informed up that the door we were at would not be opened until 530 am and that there would only be one door that would be opened at 5am and it was on the other side of the store. So we hustled over and of course there was a line but it wasn't too bad, I ended up being about the 40th person in line.

At 455am they opened up (5 min early - woot) and I made a bee line to the dvd players to get the Sony Blu Ray player they had on door buster sale for $179 - I ended up being the 3rd person in line for them. And it turns out they only had ONE, yes just ONE in stock! WTF!!! How incompetent is that? To only think that one person might want a $400 dvd player for $179? Talk about calling shenanigans!!

At least the other stores like Best Buy advertised the minimums they would have (usually ranged from 10 - 20). On Thanksgiving morning I went to two different Kmarts for the same player that was on sale for the same price - naturally they were out too, but at least both the Kmart stores issued me a raincheck so that when they do get them back in stock I can still get the sale price! Way to go Kmart! Who would have thought they would have better service than Sears? And now I have two rainchecks!

Thankfully the dvd player wasn't the only reason why I picked Sears for the doorbuster shopping - I was able to get over $500 in jewelry for just $150! And the girl that served me was wonderful, she fought so hard to get the $10 off coupon that was in the circular applied, sadly the manager said no but I was so impressed with how hard the sales girl fought. Instead she ended up finding a 20% off deal that could be applied which saved me even more than the coupon! So that kinda made up for the dvd player.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Tell us about your Black Friday Experience: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

So far, Black Friday is Pumpkin Pie Friday for me. I got up and had my typical 'day after' breakfast - yeah, Pumpkin Pie. I know - terribly nutritious

I used to go to the Malls on Black Friday - unfortunately, finances keep me 'in' this year...but I used to hit South Coast Plaza on days like today......for the unadvertised "Black Friday" deals.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
    I got up at 330am, got to Sears...
    Let me guess you were at the PV Mall Sears? Just sounds like the management at that store.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I Can Show You the World

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Let me guess you were at the PV Mall Sears? Just sounds like the management at that store.

LOL, no I went to the Fiesta Mall one thinking the crowds would be smaller, which considering I got there 30 min before opening and I was just the 40th or so person in line...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'd complain AwayFlyBoy. Go to Sears.com and tell them what happened and how they can't advertise something and only have 1 in stock. Complain!

So here's my Black Friday Experience: I woke up at 7:40, had coffee, had a bagel, took the dog out. I'm going to try to finish the knitting projects that need to get mailed out this week (still need to do slippers though... ack!) and then I need to un-Fall the house and make it Christmas/Hannukah.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I used to go to the Malls on Black Friday - unfortunately, finances keep me 'in' this year...but I used to hit South Coast Plaza on days like today......for the unadvertised "Black Friday" deals.
    The article in today's Daily Pilot says that South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island should wind up doing better than the other malls because they attract a wealthier clientele and offer niche stores. It's the smaller, less "glitzy" malls that will struggle. Interesting.

They also suggested buying mall gift certificates for Christmas gifts rather than specific store gift certificates, because experts predict that at least one major retailer will be closing its stores after this holiday season. And a mall certificate can be used at any store in the mall, not just at one specific retailer who may not be around next year.

As for myself, today I dropped my car off to get its 60,000 mile service. So now I'm at home waiting for that to get done.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

a walmart employee was trampled to death this morning when the shoppers stormed the store.

Sick bastards.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Banned User

I didn't go with m wife but I wish I had. She said she was in the "mosh pit" at the cameras and was waiting for a digital camera. There was a guy behind here that was really pushing up against my wife and another lady next to her. And I mean close. My wife said she felt really uncomfortable and the guy was basically grinding up against her. She pushed him off and he disappeared but it really pissed me off.

So, I will be going next year and I will be requiring bail money. She said it was totally unorganized at our store. Ironically enough, I don't doubt that because the Southaven store is the busiest one in America. With all that said, we pretty much got what we wanted but we're going back later and to BB and CC for a few other items.

The funny thing is that she said that the group behind her ended up getting pepper sprayed by one of the on scene cops after being warned to stop pushing and crowding. Plus there was a fight over some PS3's she said. The one item she got that I liked was the 8gb mp3/video player, the little ones that clip on your belt.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Here's mine:

It was 1:47am and the weather outside.... not super cold but cool enough for a jacket. Temperature inside... I was wearing a t-shirt and sweat pants. I was surfing amazon.com (and the other sites to see their specials). Kmart and Sears had the door buster bluray player that Awaflyboy wanted, the same one I have been eyeing as well.

Through amazon, there was a link to another shop that sold that sony bluray player $199. It was $20 more than being physically at the store at the buttcrack of dawn but I was afraid of the experience I would encounter. I ordered it. Total with shipping came out to $211. Ultimately, i'm paying $18 more than kmart or sears (after tax or shipping) but I got to go to bed without stepping out and it will arrive next week.

And now I'm awake at 10:13am.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Lets see... I slept in till almost 8:30 when my hubby woke me up and told me he had brought me a breakfast burrito home after he came back from coffee with the guys... then I turned on the computer to check out whats going on here on MiceChat, next I will spend some time cleaning up a bit waiting for a friend who is coming over from Arizona, all the while listening to Christmas music on my satellite radio.

Yeah... its been a rough Black Friday for me so far, what with all of the online, stress free (except for the dent in my credit card) shopping.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

I woke up at 5:30am, got to Starbucks at 6am (drive-thru) and then went to Target for a few minutes to see if what I wanted was there ( just 2 dvd's), sent a text to my mom telling her where to get what I wanted, then went to work next-door, 6:30 till now (1:30pm).
    Now, it's shower, find something to eat, then off to my next job till about 11 tonight.

I'll do some shopping maybe tomorrow if I feel like it.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

I have never gone out to do Black Friday, my mom said its something everyone should do atleast once.

My older sister left at three this morning to go shopping, i will get a story out of her and report back later :]

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I slept in until 9:30, then took my time getting ready. Left home around 11am. Went to Office Depot up the road and got the $7.98 speakers I wanted for my laptop. Then I went to Famous Footwear and got the boots I wanted and a pair of flats. They're having their buy one, get one half off sale, plus I had a coupon for an extra 20% off. Got both for a total of $51. Then I went across the parking lot to Target. Got a couple more of the Mossimo Black ultra soft sweaters, a few cheap DVDs (Office Space, Simpsons Movie & Ratatouille), a couple $1 cat calendars (one for home, one for work) & a couple gag gifts for the BF (a bike bell & bike horn for his motorcycle).

Stopped at Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte & was home by 12:45. Now I got laundry going and I'm going to watch Ratatoullie in a few minutes.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Didn't make the 5am wake up call, instead, lounged n' finally made it to Target about 9am. Didn't see anything I had to have but still managed to spend $100. LOL. Tis the season...
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

with the economy as bad as it is, and people as desperate as they are to get the "best" deals, i didnt' feel it was worth it to get up and fight the crowds this year..i just had a feeling they'd be more aggresive than usual and to me its just not worth it

so my Black Friday included talking to justjohn about various electronic equipment for a living room entertainment center, playing WoW until 5am, then watching the last episode of Heroes we had left on our DVR, sleeping..and just now getting up
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast