Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries
    About 70 MiceChatters got together at the Sunday, December 7th meet to spend time with Tom Chaney and the lovely Victoria, for what would likely be Tom's last visit to Disneyland.

I was not able to be a part of what I am sure was a very special day with an oh, so special man.

I was feeling badly about that, when I got the idea for this thread.

When I was in the hospital recently, so many MiceChatters took part in a thread that gave me great strength and comfort. I still look at it when my depression gets the better of me, and it really helps.

I want this to be a thread to be of comfort to Tom, and Vic, in the days to come.

I consider it a great honor to have met the two them.

I frst met them a couple of years ago at the Ventura County Fair. I share some pictures from a great day I'll never forget.

And for Vic, especially, who rocked out with me in the grandstand arena listening to ....

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!

I hope I haven't violated any codes, or ethical standards, or MiceChat etiquette in the creation of this thread.

If I have, I will face the consequences because it was created in the spirit of love for a fine man, and I am like so many other MCers who have learned so much from him...in so many ways.

Love and rich blessings, my friend.

-- Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 12-07-2008 at 11:12 PM.

• I'll pencil this in later

Re: The Tom Chaney Appreciation Thread

I've never met TC, or talked to him much on the boards. But back in my VMK days, I really enjoyed playing Haunted Mansion with him, it was a ton of fun!

• Banned User

I've had the honor of knowing Tom in 2 threads in particular on MC. We've not met in person, and, I was just in So. Cal. last week on vacation and missed his meet by 2 days!

Tom...you are a great man! So spirited and can really give 'em hell in the debate lounge! You are always kind, but, you get the point across and I love that. You don't see the need to be nasty and there are times in there when things get kinda scary, as you know! ha! (Scary for me anyway---because I don't have the knowledge of most of you guys!)

You've been a source of strength to me too in watching your battle. You are one tough cookie and I'm so happy you could celebrate being a part of the 5% who have made it a year with your cancer. You have kicked that cancer's arse and I have been on the sidelines cheering for you along with so many others on here! It's also made me take stock of my own illnesses which are SO incredibly miniscule in comparison, and, the whining I do while I watch you and your positive attitude. I am trying to take on your way of looking at it. It's much more productive and a lot more joyful.

Many blessings to you and Victoria. I am honored to have met you on MC. You and Victoria are in my thoughts and I'm sending out lots of love to you both even though we've not met face to face.

Janine

• love my friends

TOm YOU have been my inspiration this past yearYOur up beat attitude keeps me going when things get tough for me ((Hugs my dear friend))

Friends for life

• враг народа

Blog Entries

To Tom! I've never had the pleasure of meeting him but the wisdom he shares through his posts cannot be equalled.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

What a pleasure/honor to meet you, Tom. We cancer survivors are "brothers and sisters", as I see it. We stick together. I'm so happy my wife, son and I were able to join in the Hub Meet at Disneyland yesterday. It was definitely one of those moments in time where everything seems to stand still.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Tom,

I've never met you but I have always enjoyed our interactions in VMK, it was such fun to spend time with you when you celebrated your millionth credit earned. Fun times!

Peace be with you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Tom is the superhero of the DL (okay at least in my mind.) Seriously I'm betting 1 ball of yarn if Tom went up to Sacramento with some clout (maybe a superhero costume?), he could kick tush and change the way it's run.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I truly regret not being able to meet you yesterday. Especially that I do go to so many meets -- Dang back of mine!

Anyway I hope you found peace and happiness with so many people who came out to see you yesterday. I wish I would have known you better.

All of my best goes out to you.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Our Tom, but I know him somewhat from the Debate lounge. He is a gentleman through and through. You are a source of inspiration.... Thank you.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Tom....I don't think I've ever talked with you, but, I after checking out your profile...anybody with a love for vintage cars has to be a great person.

Micechat is lucky to have you be a part of this big, happy family.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Tom, one of my fondest memories of you and V was when we had the MiceChat Tam O Shanter luncheon back in 2005. It was such a great day. Then trekking to Walts grave and your insights into what I should see while I was there (since it was my first time at Forst Lawn). Such a fun day.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the meet yesterday as I had a family event I had to attend. From what I've heard though, it was an amazing turnout.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    What a pleasure/honor to meet you, Tom. We cancer survivors are "brothers and sisters", as I see it. We stick together. I'm so happy my wife, son and I were able to join in the Hub Meet at Disneyland yesterday. It was definitely one of those moments in time where everything seems to stand still.
    It was brought to my attention, via a P.M., that this could be taken as a rude post. I meant it NOT as rude. Tom made it to Disneyland yesterday, and I met a Survivor yesterday.

I know the trek was to make a 'last trip' to Disneyland - but again, I met Tom - a Cancer Survivor.

Again, I hope my post was not taken as rude. I saw yesterday as a Celebration of Life.....

I feel absolutely horrible if my original post was taken as something rude on my part. It is not intended as such, but if so, I humbly apologize.
    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 12-08-2008 at 10:12 AM.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

It was such an honor to meet Tom and Victoria yesterday. I've long enjoyed reading Tom's posts in the Debate Lounge and elsewhere on these boards. He has the rare ability to state his well thought-out case, and still understand how others with opposing viewpoints have arrived at their position . . . and, wonder of wonders, respect them for doing that! A top-notch individual, through and through!

We are all better for knowing you, Tom!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I am glad that there was a good turn out for this meet and sorry that I could not be there. I have always enjoyed reading your posts and you are an asset to MiceChat.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast