Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• out & about

Where were you on 9/11 2001?

It was around 6am in california when the first plane struck. I was sleeping (of course) and my mom woke me up screaming that we were under sttack and that this could be end of the world. I instictively think she always over exaggerating so i calmly walked out to the living room to see what the big deal was. What I saw floored me. I had visited the World Trade Center 2 years before so I had a better idea of perspective loss than the other members of my family and close circle of friends. I walked in just in time to see the second plane hit. I didnt know whether or not to believe it. Needless to say i stayed glued to the t.v. for the next couple of days and watched more CNN than I ever have (or ever will). except for when I went and got KFC for my girlfriend and me and had picnic at the UC Riverside botanical gardens (but right when i got back i was glued to the t.v. again). I have since been back to visit NYC and have seen the huge hole in the ground where the towers once stood and marveled again at the enormity of the destruction and devistation.

the NYC skyline without the WTC

this is the world globe that used to stand between the towers. it was recovered and reasbled (all mangled and broke) as a monumont in NYC battery park.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Re: Where were you on 9/11 2001?

I was in school, then they dismissed us for the day, and I came home all shaky and upset.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I had gotten up early to go to a Dentist Appt. (Weird thing is, I found the APPT. card recently in my glove box, dated 9/11/01...) I was running late so I got dressed quikly, hopped into the car, and was VERY happy to see very little traffic!

As I turned onto one of our major streets I turned ON the radio (Finally) and all I heard was the Chaos unfolding.... I Hit the Brakes, pulled over, turned around , went straight back home, and sat glued to the T.V. for the rest of the WEEK.
    Last edited by PanTheMan; 09-11-2005 at 12:47 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• And, THEN she said...

i sure do remember where i was..i was giving one of my regular customers Romeo the poodle a haircut when all of a sudden the bf's daughter started yelling at me to come and see this as i walked into the living room i saw the first plane hit..

i stood there in total shock with my mouth hanging open with a poodle under one arm and a pair of buzzing clippers in my other hand..i finished my dog real quick and stayed glued to CNN and MSNBC for the next 2 weeks..

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

My then boyfriend (now husband) and I went out to dinner and saw "Aida" the night before to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. I went home pretty late and was sleeping when my little sister can in the room around 8 am yelling about 2 planes crashing into the World Trade Center. She turned on my TV and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I called my BF to wake him up, but he was too tired to realize what was happening- my mom was at work and didn't realize what was going on either. I hopped in my car and drove to my bf's apartment and watched the news all day. I had to go into work, but we closed early because no one was out shopping. I remember lying in bed listening to the news reports and it seemed like the world was ending, it was just one bad thing after another- planes missing, fires, total chaos as no one knew what was going on. I lived in Phoenix, so it wasn;t unreasonable to be afraid. I was scared to leave my house for days- unreasonable, I know.

My biggest memory is the fear we all felt when seeing planes in the air. It was top news story if a plane was spotted while air travel was stopped.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I like the cross image. To bad ACLU demanded for it to be removed immediately because of its Christianity references. I was in Southern Cali too waiting at the school bus stop when I first heard of it. I remember Spider Man 1 had a teaser trailer where a helicopter was trapped in a web in between the twins but then the attack happened and they took that clip out of the trailer. Marvel Comics even made a special comic book that showed Captain America, Spider Man, etc all coming together to help out the firefighters and cops. Very nicely done.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am going to watch the Discovery Channel show tonight called the flight that fought back. It comes on at 9/8pm tonight if you want to watch it too.

• My cuties!

I was getting ready to go ice skating and my friend called to tell me what happened. I was glued to the TV for hours. I watched Peter Jennings mostly -- he was so professional throughout the whole ordeal. I remember having my fertility shot that night while watching TV (got pregnant a few days later).

• no flash photography...

I was sleeping until the phone woke me up....first message my BF's mother in NY...something like "I'm OK...the bridges and tunnels are closed...the cell phone won't work soon...I' can't leave the city, but I'm OK!!"....I was like...

next message starts playing as I'm turning on the TV to find out what has happened. As I'm watching the tower fall I'm listening to my mothers messgae..."planes crashed into the WTC...one has fallen is Roberts Mother OK???".....then I just stared at the TV in shock for like 30 min. I was just in NY a few months before. I wanted to go to the empire state building and my BF's mother wanted me to go to the WTC center. I told her no and we went to the empire state buliding. She said I could visit the WTC on my next trip. The real reason i didn't want to go to the WTC is because they had tried to bomb it before and I had this overwhelming feeling to stay away from it....in hindsight I wish I had gone....my Bf used to eat in the restaurant in one of the towers and he said he could watch helicopters fly by below him.....

• Senior Minion

I was doin the "norm" getting ready to commute to work when mywife said turn on the living room TV! The Today show was on immediately, and I could see the top of one of the Towers burning, then about two seconds later here comes the other plane, Whoa, I dropped to my couch wih my jaw dropped.

Believe me, I was furious when I found out who was involved. I was at work later and the store was pretty dead for the day. (obviously)
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon

Believe me, I was furious when I found out who was involved. I was at work later and the store was pretty dead for the day. (obviously)
    I went to work and 30 min later they sent everyone home...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I went to work and 30 min later they sent everyone home...
    In a way I wish they would have done that for us. It just would have been more sensible.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

September 11, 2001 was a surreal day for me.
    It started as a normal morning. Hubby in the shower, kid and I having breakfast before he headed out to school.
    Then the world went a bit tipsy. We watched the 1st plane hit, sent the kid off to school still in that brief time while we thought it was an accident. Then our phone rang.
    My BIL, who had a very serious form of cancer, had just died. As I'm standing holding my hubby, the second plane hit and hell broke lose on the news.
    The rest of the day was a blur. My husband had to leave to attend to things. I had to go to the school to get my son.
    We spent the day wondering what else could possilbly happen.
    We spent the entire week preparing for a funeral while glued to the tv.
    I will never forget.
    We came out ok. It was certainly a defining moment and I can honestly say, I came, in that very brief period of time, to understand what was important to me.
    A hard way to be reminded, but a useful reminder all the same.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I had gotten up that morning and turned on VH1 (since I'm not a huge fan of morning tv talk shows and the like). They hadn't shown anything, so I was clueless until I got in my car (an old Buick with a tapedeck). I turned on the radio to pop a tape in and a local DJ was talking about the first plane hitting the tower. I thought if it was a joke, it was a sick one. Then ABC World News broke in and I drove to work numb. I remember going in and asking the women at the employee service desk if they'd heard. They both kind of stared at me like I was quite insane.

I went out to my lane (I worked for Target as a cashier then) and asked my sup if I could have a radio on my lane, so I could listen in on what the hell was happening. I will NEVER forget my sup's reaction. She said nothing had happened, life and business was to continue on as usual. She said it so coldly I was shocked..my jaw hit the floor. I DID eventually persuade her to let me make a long distance call to my mom. My mom has a friend whose son works in Manhattan as a chef, so I wanted to know if she knew if he was OK. He was.

The store was empty..like a ghost town. And I heard that NOBODY was allowed to leave early, even though we had virtually no customers. Every time somebody came in, I'd pump them for information. The mall across the street closed at noon. A lot of stores around us were closing early. But my boss wasn't letting ANYBODY leave.
    When I finally did get home around 5:45 that evening, I turned on the news and watched the footage of the planes hitting and then the towers collapsing. I don't think I have ever cried so hard (except when I went to the OKC bombing memorial).
    I watched the news and CNN a lot for the next few days until I became so inundated with it, I couldn't stand it and watched a lot of videos after that.

Even now..when I hear "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning" by Alan Jackson, I tear up. I still can't believe this happened to us and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, for it to happen again. And worst of all, I fear it will happen in Dallas at the airport (which is about 45 min from where I live).

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

started out as a normal getting ready for work day. i was teaching then, it was the 2nd day of school. the hubby had already dropped tommy off (just a baby then) & had gone to work. he works in the aerospace business & is always on the air force base and close to the airport.

i didn't know anything had happened until i got in the car & turned the radio on. i panicked. i started calling everyone to make sure they were ok & then had to carry on at work as if nothing had happened. every break we were glued to the TV in the teacher's lounge.

it was heartbreaking...still is.
    <o>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast