Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• My prices are INSANE!

Snowboarding anyone?

I was wondering how many people here on the board, have a board?

I love to snowboard, and I was wondering who else here snowboard's or is a two planker.

It would be fun to get a group of skiing and snowboardin Micechat fanatics together and have some fun up on the mountain. Then recoupe after a long day at the bar in the main lodge. A hot toddy for the body.

Yes, I know it's early, but I like to plan ahead. I'm already thinking about this season.

Mammoth and Kirkwood are two of my most favorite places to board. I stayed a week up at Mammoth after Christmas with a big group from work. We had a blast, and it dumped up to 12 feet of snow over the course of the week.

So all you snowbaorders and skiers, sound off!
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Re: Snowboarding anyone?

i like to snowboard i do it every winter im pretty dang good i can do a 360 and a 720 on a halfpipe and i can grind on a rail

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Well, maybe this could be the MT MiceChat meet - we've got awfully good skiing!

• Banned User

YEP GREAT SKIIMG AND GREAT SNOWBOARDING!
    I used to ski and all the fun winter stuff, now I justrelax and let my kids do it. winter is coming real fast here inmy little town! yesterday and today there was a very heavy frost, now my flowers are going to go by

• Circle of Ancients

We go snowboarding and skiing every year at Tahoe. Last year I had a really bad accident and had to be taken down the mountain on a backboard. I can't decide whether to snowboard this year or not because I absolutely love it, but now I'm kind of scared of it too. Maybe I'll stick to skiing for now!!

•   
    • So fetch

My brothers snowboard. As for myself, heck no. Too many of my friends have broken their butts, ankles, and wrists. Yes I'm a chicken.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilema
    Last year I had a really bad accident and had to be taken down the mountain on a backboard. I can't decide whether to snowboard this year or not because I absolutely love it, but now I'm kind of scared of it too. Maybe I'll stick to skiing for now!!
    What in gods name where you doing?

Stop by my website

• That's Hawt

I used to ski all the time (I live in Tahoe) I even taught skiing for a while ... I can't for a while though I tore my ACL/MCL/Meniscus ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    What in gods name where you doing?
    Nothing that crazy...just caught an edge while I was coming down a hill backward, but I was going pretty fast and was right where one trail met another trail and there was a big drop so I flew about 15 feet and hit my neck then back...it hurt so bad!!

Hope no one else does the same thing I did!!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Avid skiier, right here! I'm a bit of a spoiled skiier, though, growing up in Seattle and being so close to places like Crystal Mountain and Mt. Baker... Big Bear's "snowpack" just doesn't cut it for me.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Avid skiier, right here! I'm a bit of a spoiled skiier, though, growing up in Seattle and being so close to places like Crystal Mountain and Mt. Baker... Big Bear's "snowpack" just doesn't cut it for me.
    I know what you mean! I went to Big Bear from Squaw Valley and I was like WTF!??! You call this skiing?? I'm spoiled
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I know what you mean! I went to Big Bear from Squaw Valley and I was like WTF!??! You call this skiing?? I'm spoiled
    I went to the thrift shop across from my apartment after I moved down here and bought an old pair of skis for $10... I wasn't gonna ruin my good ones on the rocks at Big Bear!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• That's Hawt

AAAAHhhhh ... gotta love bouncing off rocks!

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilema
    Nothing that crazy...just caught an edge while I was coming down a hill backward, but I was going pretty fast and was right where one trail met another trail and there was a big drop so I flew about 15 feet and hit my neck then back...it hurt so bad!!
    OUCH!!! That's quite a bad spill! Catching an edge like that really sucks. At least you weren't in the tree's. You should still keep boarding, just keep in mind what you did wrong the last time and you should be fine.

A few years ago, me and a few of my crazy co-workers snuck out of work early and went night skiing up at Mountain High. Towards the end of the night we gathered together for group run down the mountain. We started at the top, and decided to ski through a half pipe. At the end of the half pipe it turns into a bowl with a high lip.
    The first of our group, and the best skier in the group, went down the pipe and up and over the high lip landing out of view on the other side. The second in our group, not quite as experienced, does the same thing, except he gets air and starts to flip upside down. He tries to over correct and we see him coming down head first as he disappears behind the high lip. The rest of us realize instantly that something was wrong and rush around to the back of the bowl.
    We find him unconscious lying on his stomach. It takes him a few minutes to regain consciousness and the ski patrol shows up. They neck brace him and give him the complimentary ride down the hill. Stick him in the back of an ambulance and of to San Bernadino, which has the nearest hospital.

Needless to say that was the last run of the night.

And no he wasn't wearing a helmet.

He had a mild concussion but recovered, but he still snowboards.

Oh, and he's gotten better since then and wears a helmet.

Stop by my website

• All you need is LOVE

Well I would love to but being in a wheelchair and all and no standing I cant. I am a quad.I love the outdoors.I wish I could go to beach also. Well if you have a fun meet up take pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast