Hello and Seasons Greetings to all! Last year when I was an AP, the Disneyland site had their gingerbread recipe up, so I saved it and printed it out to make cookies for Christmas. This is the very recipe used to make the gingerbread house in HMH and all the gingerbread creations in WDW.
May I just say, these are the best cookies EVER and I wanted to share the recipe with whoever may want it or who hasn't yet seen it. I'm making them again this year and I'm excited. I think I may double the batch since I'm making them for so many friends.
Happy baking everyone!
6 cups Flour, all purpose
1 teaspoon Baking soda
.5 teaspoons Baking powder
1 cup Unsalted butter
1 cup Dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons Ginger, ground
4 teaspoons Cinnamon, ground
1.5 teaspoons Cloves, ground
1 teaspoon Black pepper,
1.5 teaspoon Salt
2 each Eggs, large, whole
1.5 cups Molasses
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
and set aside.
3. Add butter and brown sugar to an electric mixer and cream until fluffy.
4. Mix in spices and salt. Beat the eggs and molasses.
5. Add flour to mixture. Mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
6. Divide the dough into thirds and wrap in plastic. Place in the refrigerator
and cool for at least one hour.
7. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface. Roll out the dough until it is about
8. Cut the dough into festive holiday shapes and place on a non-greased
9. Place the sheet pans in the refrigerator and cool for about 15 minutes.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until the gingerbread is firm in the center.