Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Odd Christmas Gifts?

Did you happen to get anything for Christmas that you might deem as odd?

Well, my sister got me a pair of Roller Blades. I opened them and said "Roller Blades!" My sister's husband said "I was as surprised as you when she told me what she got you." She was laughing when I opened them...

If I was about 15 years younger (prior to my 2 knee surgeries), I might have kept them, but I took them back today.

So, did you get anything for Christmas that you found odd?

• no flash photography...

Re: Odd Christmas Gifts?

a cookie express oven and this really awful smelling bath stuff. can't take the cookie oven back, but the bath stuff will go back as soon as I find time, but I think it's only about $10.00 anyway, because it's from walmart....so I may not even bother with it. I ahve to return stuff at macy's too. It wasn't odd, but I know have 5 unopened bottles of the same perfume. I used to wear it, but that was 7 years ago. I still get one every year for christmas.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I didn't but from her fiance/boyfriend one of the things my daughter got a heating pad and a bottle of Midol. Well... I thought it was pretty funny. They've been together for like 6 years now so she thought it was pretty cute too.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I didn't but from her fiance/boyfriend one of the things my daughter got a heating pad and a bottle of Midol. Well... I thought it was pretty funny. They've been together for like 6 years now so she thought it was pretty cute too.
    That is hysterical!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

You know those mu-mu robe-blanket thingies they advertise on television? I turned to my partner and said, "Good God who would buy one of those things...they'd look like a flannel covered monk!"

Guess what we both got as gifts today from our out of town friends.

And they were matching.

They were hideous. I mean, come-on...we smiled and threw them to the regift pile.

But they came from friends who we trust...so we were shocked in some manner. We were very gracious.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    You know those mu-mu robe-blanket thingies they advertise on television? I turned to my partner and said, "Good God who would buy one of those things...they'd look like a flannel covered monk!"

And they were matching.

They were hideous. I mean, come-on...we smiled and threw them to the regift pile.

But they came from friends who we trust...so we were shocked in some manner. We were very gracious.

Peace,
    Roo
    OH MY GOSH! The Snuggie! You got those!? We have been joking about those all Christmas season - people shown wearing them at a sporting event - look like a bunch of silly Monks!

I'm hysterical over here! That's too funny!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I didn't get anything weird myself, but I have an aunt who buys the most age-inappropriate gifts for my son. He's almost 11. She gave him a remote controlled car geared toward a preschooler, like a beginner one with 2 buttons on the remote. She misses the mark every year like this. We are still waiting for the pink bunny suit!

We try to preemptively suggest ideas, but it never works. She must shop like in August or something, because when all the other aunts ask for advice, she says she already has something. She is a special ed aide, so I think her perspective may be skewed because of that. She's a little out of touch with the mainstream.
    A signature should go here.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My grandmother used to shop at May Company........and she'd buy something for her younger brother.......and buy me one too. It wasn't my thing, in my late teens and 20's be dressing like 75 year old man - That's my 'odd Christmas gifts of Christmases past' entry

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I didn't get anything weird (except maybe the Evan Longoria bobblehead). As a joke though, I got the BF a bike bell & squeaky bike horn for his motorcycle. He wanted to kill me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

And they were matching.

Peace,
    Roo
    Wait the Snuggie is bad? We have 3 of them (or a form of them. Ours are really soft blankets that snap into a snuggie) because it's just sooooo cold. You could donate them to a homeless shelter, to keep people warm.

My grandma sent us 50 gourmet grapefruit though. That was odd. I like citrus, hate grapefruit. And they're really sour so... But thought that counts, right?

• Hello there

Blog Entries

And they were matching.

Peace,
    Roo
    That is really funny. We kept joking in my family telling eachother that was what we were going to give them for Christmas. I can't believe someone actually bought the monk robes
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Too funny.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Same here. So either we were regifted or they seriously thought we'd like them.

And there was no sense of irony in the gift, so we laughed, looked at each other and then realized no one else was gigglng. So we said thank you and put them back into the bag to take home.

What a night.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Disappearing/Reappearing

My mother bought me and hubby a ton of chocolate.

We're on diets.

• Mrs. J. Depp

This Christmas was fairly normal, no odd gifts for me this year thank goodness. However a couple years ago my grandparents from Washington sent me this mens size large down vest (and I'm a teeny girl) and I was seriously like WTF. I gave it to my dad, and at first I thought they got the gifts mixed up but he got an appropriate gift to him, so the vest must have really been for me! The most embarrassing part was writing a thank you note saying "thank you so much for the vest!" LOL

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast