Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Tui Would Like Advice (Teenage Drama Alert)

I'm in a dilly of a pickle here, and it's kind of a long story, but here goes.

About 4 weeks ago, I was sitting exactly where I am right now, when suddenly my phone rings. So I picked it up and it was my friend, my friend explained to me that her mother was pissed at her because she had gone to work without letting the dog out, and that no one was home. So she was wondering if I could go to her house and let her dog out. I said yes, and went over, let the dog out. Put it back in and then left.

Well her mom got home and when my friend told her that I had let the dog out, her mom was all like "Oh that was nice of him! Blah Blah Blah" Now I feel I should point something out. This friends mom, is an evil Ice Queen. If she likes you, its because you've been working hard to get her to like you for a long time, if she doesn't like you you watch out, she is a hardcore bitch. Her mom liked me, but now she really liked me and thought I was the best thing since sliced bread.

So a few days later my friend told me that her mom was really happy that I had let the dog out. ( I really didn't think it was a huge deal but whatever) and said that her mom was thinking about having me over for supper one night. So now keep in mind, my friends mom had never invited me, and never told me that she was cooking this supper especially for me, as far as I was concerned I would just be coming by and eating with them. Well this day came and my friend called me. She said that if I wanted to I could come over because they would be eating soon. I went to tell my parents that I was going to go, but they said that they would rather me spend a night with my brothers and take them to KFC or something. So I told my friend that I couldn't make it, and told her why.

Well I took my brothers out and came home, where I was told by my parents that if I wanted to go out, I could. About 5 minutes later another friend of mine calls and invites me to her house. (She was an exchange student while I was) So I went over, and she says we should call my other friend, so she does, and tells her that I am there. (me and the other friend, at this point, are much closer) but she can't make it.

So the next day I call my friend to see if she wants to do something, but she doesn't. Because she's pissed off, and her mom's pissed off. Because apparently they had made this big dinner for me. No one ever told me that it was FOR me, and as far as I knew it wasn't a big deal, because her mom never actually invited me, it was just my friend telling me that I could come around to eat if I wanted to. My friend understood, but my friends mom decided to hold a grudge against me. At one point my friend and her mom got into an argument about hwo my friend is "too quick to forgive people" (even though, as my friend argued, there was really nothing to forgive me for)

Now here we are 4-5 weeks later, and my friend's mom is still pissed at me.

Here is where part two of this kicks in: I've decided that I don't like her mom. So I don't want to be around her. But my friend always insists that we hang out at her house whenever we hang out. We never go anywhere it always her house. The last time we tried to plan something I offered my house, but she didn't want to come over here. So I said that I was staying home and that she was invited to come if she wanted. She didn't. How do I still hang out with her, and not go to her house? She has seriously been my best friend for like 2 years, and its come to a point where I'm actually considering ending the friendship. Ugh, its frustarating.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• lol

Re: Tui Would Like Advice (Teenage Drama Alert)

Wow...that is quite a predicament. I'd consider kicking the mom's ***, but alas, that wouldn't solve anything so...yeah. I don't really have any advice, but good luck!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhop Micah
    Wow...that is quite a predicament. I'd consider kicking the mom's ***, but alas, that wouldn't solve anything so...yeah. I don't really have any advice, but good luck!
    Aw c'mon it's not like he'll have to go to prison, maybe just juvenile...oh well. I'm sorry Tui, I dunno how I can help.

• insufferable know-it-all

Well, your refusal to do anything at her house is just going to add to the insult and prolong the problem.

I'd say bake a batch of cookies and go to your friend's house with them in hand

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• /sigh

Ending the friendship over her mom? That's silly. Just ignore the mom and be pleasant. You'll be graduating soon and will both be out of the house. No mom's to deal with then.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Banned User

ok dokie.......... well if this girl is a keeper( you want her as a friend) then by all means go over there, apologize big time ( yeah that stinks but some moms are like" loco " ) I had a friend like this and her mom always hated me, always!! there was nothing I could do to make her like me. But you know what, I went there took her crapola so we could be friends , and we are still friends. ( her mom is dead now ) but again I wanted her for a friend and I took the crap. I was sad the lady did not like me, I was some one to like, but again it was not my fault nor my problem. Tui, suck it up bud and go over to her house and be the great person you were before all this. you are still the same cool guy, you just have to suck up for your best friend Have a good week Tui, !!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

You'd have to ask yourself, "What would Pacey do?"
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Ending the friendship over her mom? That's silly.
    It's not just because her of the way her mom is acting. Since I've come back, I've noticed that with my friend, everything revolves around her mom. I went to a movie with her, and the next day she was all upset because her mom got pissed off because apparently my friend was supposed to rent a movie and watch it with her mom and forgot.

And it is NOT as simple as going over, baking cookies and apologizing, especially with this woman. If it was as simple as that, believe me, I'd do it. But that would solve nothing, that would just get her yelling at me.
    What an idiot....

• Again! Again! Again!

Tui, if your friend is worth it, stick it out. At some point, maybe confront her mom. But do it carefully, meaning try not to put her on the defense. Make it sound more like your fault. Cuz she might be more mean then. Just explain it as best as you can. If she can't get over it, then you need to lay down the law with your friend. Tell her that her mom makes you feel uncomfortable and that you don't want to spend time at her house as much. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    If she can't get over it, then you need to lay down the law with your friend. Tell her that her mom makes you feel uncomfortable and that you don't want to spend time at her house as much. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    I'm thinking this might be the one.
    What an idiot....

• /sigh

Be prepared if she doesn't like that statement.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Quality not quantity

Sounds to me like your friend dropped the ball and won't own up to it with you or the mom. The mom probably made it perfectly clear to your friend that the dinner was for YOU. She in turn did not focus on that and just invited you round in a very informal way. When the chips fell your friend went into defensive mode and you were left out to dry. No matter how much of a bitch you see the mom as you simply cannot put a wedge between mother and daughter by saying you can't stand her mother. There is just to much going on between them for you to get involved.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I still think that if the dinner was FOR me that her mom should have at least invited me. I was at the house tons of times before this whole incident, so it's not like I didn't see her mom at all.
    What an idiot....

• Again! Again! Again!

Yeah, Tui, but I would still try to make some peace with the mom. Just say something (in the nicest, sweetest voice as possible) like, "I've been getting the feeling that you're mad at me for not being able to make it to dinner that night. I was unaware that you made dinner especially for me and thought that I was just invited to come over." Then just apologize and say something like, "I never meant to upset you." Or something along those lines. If it doesn't work then you need to talk to your friend about it.
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I still think that if the dinner was FOR me that her mom should have at least invited me. I was at the house tons of times before this whole incident, so it's not like I didn't see her mom at all.
    That could also be something to point out.
    I bring the magic!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast